Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[split] Help compiling HPL1 engine for windows
Brohatwack Offline

Threads: 1
[split] Help compiling HPL1 engine for windows

I really would like to have the HPL1 Engine compiled, but I don´t now how to do it (windows). Can someone do it for me and post here the download link?

Thanks!
05-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Find
morris Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [split] Help compiling HPL1 engine for windows

I have a different reason, support for C# in my platform is at least tricky (and certainly nonexistent), so C++ would be really, really, nice.
05-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

Windows builds require Visual Studio 2003 or higher.. (you should be able to easily pickup the Visual Studio Express and then get the Platform SDK). Note that the OALWrapper is currently "missing" a VS Project file, so if someone would like to contribute that.. it would be much appreciated Smile
And ideally I would like to get the CMake build system working for all 3 platforms so things are easier to maintain.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2010, 05:58 PM by Urkle.)
05-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Website Find
gameengineer Offline

Threads: 0

(05-14-2010, 05:58 PM)Urkle Wrote: Windows builds require Visual Studio 2003 or higher.. (you should be able to easily pickup the Visual Studio Express and then get the Platform SDK). Note that the OALWrapper is currently "missing" a VS Project file, so if someone would like to contribute that.. it would be much appreciated Smile
And ideally I would like to get the CMake build system working for all 3 platforms so things are easier to maintain.

I could make them for VS2003 .NET, VS2005, VS2008 and VS2010 but at the moment I still can't get the Debug version of Penumbra to run. Well I can't get the release version to run as well but at least it gets farther than the Debug version before it crashes. The release version is crashing on some missing image file. I'm sure its a path issue. I don't have the thing up right now or I would tell you exactly which line crashes but my head hurts for trying to get it to compile and run on Windows so... later sometime.

Steve
06-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Find