Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Achievements?
Sebatiger Offline

Threads: 9
Achievements?

So yeah, will there be any achievements when Amnesia comes out? Would be a good idea for replayability or something.

Or if you get all of them you get a secret message Tongue
05-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Find
ZIGS Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Achievements?

Please God, no
05-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Find
TeleProd Offline

Threads: 0

Some hidden goodies and easter eggs would be nice, but nothing that would detract from the horror elements of the game (like achievement pop-ups, and probably achievement hunting in general)
05-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Well, if there is, I hope they won't pop-up in the middle of the scary parts...
Like in the trailer, you were in that closet and then you step out of there:

"Gongratulations! You have just came out of a closet!"

Well, to be honest, I don't hope they will pop-up in the game at all.
In the menu... I don't mind. Just not during the gameplay itself.

But when it comes to Frictional Games, I'm pretty sure there's always something hidden in the game (like achievements). In the demo and in the real game itself.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2010, 10:23 PM by Yuhaney.)
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Website Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

If they can integrate it with steam, why not? As long as it doesn't spoil the game immersion it's fine.

I don't know what kind of achievement would make sense for Amnesia but for Penumbra Overture there could have been something like "Finish the game without killing an enemy", "Finish the game killing all enemies", "Finish the game in under 1 hour" etc. Those are the kind of achievements I'd like, not something easy like "Used your Lantern"!

But it really don't matter much to me as I tend to ignore achievements anyway.
05-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(05-26-2010, 01:32 PM)nofsky Wrote: for Penumbra Overture there could have been something like "Finish the game without killing an enemy"anyway.

I did that actually. On Hard difficulty. Tongue

05-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Website Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

There were achievements in the earlier games, weren't there? Finding all notes and stuff.
There should be something like running the entir game without using the glowstick though. It's far overpowered. Having to scavenge for batteries and flares would be much more interesting. Next time I'm not going to use the glowstick.
Worst part about the glowstick is it's infinite and without penalties, so you usually leave it running even when you're in well-lit areas and it just ruins the atmosphere.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
05-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

I´m not opposed to having something likein Penumbra, where if you find all bonus items you get a code at the end of the game.
05-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Find
PrinceCola Offline

Threads: 8

(05-26-2010, 06:43 PM)spukrian Wrote: I´m not opposed to having something likein Penumbra, where if you find all bonus items you get a code at the end of the game.

And you get the code to dowload the next game Tongue
06-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Find
naturon Offline

Threads: 1

Terrible idea. Most "achievements" are nothing more than passing events, and you can get most of them just by playing through the main game once. It might have worked somehow in Requiem, but in an immersive horror game like the first two parts of Penumbra, it really doesn't work. Imagine this:

You're sneaking through an ominous hallway with bizarre sounds in the area. All of a sudden, a zombie walks through the door and discovers you... Terror and panic overcomes you as you desperately try to flee from it. You notice a trashcan up against the wall... It might provide a sufficient amount of time for you to escape the creature's grim clutches. You throw the can towards the zombie and knock it over. Suddenly... a queer rectangle appears in the corner of your eye... it has some kind of an inscription upon it; it reads: "Garbage day! - You knocked over a zombie with a garbage can. 5/1000"

You are at that time teleported back to your average and uneventful reality. Immersion broken.
06-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Find