Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message? Intel Chipsets
Mr.Giggles Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message?

(09-08-2010, 08:57 PM)perpetualmind Wrote: I dont thing giving a step by step would really help.
Iv done it all a few times over now and it plainly makes no difference at all.
I think Intel chipsets just dont work for us.
Its particularly annoying because apparently the game SHOULD run fine with mine, it just doesnt.
I got to play the game for about half an hour on my friends computer and it was AMAZING.

Lots of times Frictional have said that they want the game to be very accesable, so I hope they would be interested on making a patch of some kind for us unlucky enough to be stuck with the damnable Intel Chipsets.

yah the worst part is most of them are intergrated so we have to by a whole new motherboard and everything just to get away from them not to mention they standard on alot of computers AngryAngry
09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Find
perpetualmind Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message?

tell me about it, i have 2 other computers to use, another laptop that turns out to have the EXACT same chipset as my main and an old pc no where near good enough to play the game xD
09-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Website Find
Mr.Giggles Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Big Grin  RE: The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message?

(09-08-2010, 09:05 PM)perpetualmind Wrote: tell me about it, i have 2 other computers to use, another laptop that turns out to have the EXACT same chipset as my main and an old pc no where near good enough to play the game xD

we should find a way to screw intel over! for lowering the standard of computer graphics for gaming across the boardSmile
09-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Find
perpetualmind Offline

(09-08-2010, 09:09 PM)Mr.Giggles Wrote:
(09-08-2010, 09:05 PM)perpetualmind Wrote: tell me about it, i have 2 other computers to use, another laptop that turns out to have the EXACT same chipset as my main and an old pc no where near good enough to play the game xD

we should find a way to screw intel over! for lowering the standard of computer graphics for gaming across the boardSmile

id rather just sit and beg frictional to make it work xD
i want to play the game sooo much...
09-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Website Find
Mr.Giggles Offline

(09-08-2010, 09:10 PM)perpetualmind Wrote:
(09-08-2010, 09:09 PM)Mr.Giggles Wrote:

id rather just sit and beg frictional to make it work xD
i want to play the game sooo much...

same or we could do both Big Grin
09-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Find
Hurs Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message? Intel Chipsets

same.. i managed to reinstall my drivers but i still get that error 'System does not support const arrays in glsl!'... I have no clue what to try next Sad maybe the only solution is to buy a new computer/reinstall windows
09-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Find
Mr.Giggles Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message? Intel Chipsets

(09-08-2010, 09:14 PM)Hurs Wrote: same.. i managed to reinstall my drivers but i still get that error 'System does not support const arrays in glsl!'... I have no clue what to try next Sad maybe the only solution would be a new computer/windows reinstallation

thats to bad i feel your pain no wait im experiencing your pain!
09-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Find
perpetualmind Offline

(09-08-2010, 09:14 PM)Hurs Wrote: same.. i managed to reinstall my drivers but i still get that error 'System does not support const arrays in glsl!'... I have no clue what to try next Sad maybe the only solution is to buy a new computer/windows reinstallation

what graphics card/chipset have you got?
09-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Website Find
Hurs Offline

Threads: 1

I have an integrated ATI xpress 1100.. when i looked more carefully at the crash log thats what i saw:

Quote:Vertex shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:6: '' : Version number not supported by GL2

this makes me think i cant run the game because my graphics card is too weak since its vertex and pixel shader version is 2.0 and most of the recent games require 3.0 and higher in order to runHuh
09-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Find
perpetualmind Offline

In the troubbleshooting post by Thomas theres this link, which mentions ATI a bit.
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php
Try having a look at that!
Theres also a little section on ATI cards on the post.
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html
09-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Website Find