Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message? Intel Chipsets
Hurs Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message? Intel Chipsets

yeah i downloaded that mobility modder thing but i dont know what to do with it, i cant find the folder it was installed in
09-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Find
perpetualmind Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message? Intel Chipsets

(09-08-2010, 09:43 PM)Hurs Wrote: yeah i downloaded that mobility modder thing but i dont know what to do with it, i cant find the folder it was installed in

Unfortunately i cant be of much more help, I dont have an ATI and dont really know anything about the programme xD
Have a look on google and see if you can find anything, or maybe try Yahoo Answers.
09-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Website Find
Intelintegratedgraphicsucks Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Sad  RE: The demo (or the full game) wont start, i just get an error message? Intel Chipsets

As far as the log says, the game needs GLSL Shader v1.20
My Mobile Intel 965/X3100 on XP x86 has v1.10, which is quite old. I use the latest driver 13.Jan.2010 v6.14.10.5218, supposedly OpenGL 2.0.0 with 69 extensions. Same situation with Win7. wiki:GLSL. See also why.
This is sad, because there are not much (fairly new) Open-GL Games today, so few people would really complain, like now, with every new OpenGL game released.
To test GPU capabilities try GPU Caps Viewer.
OpenGL & OpenGL Utility Specifications
My conclusion: In order to use GLSL Shader v1.20+, you need Intel 4xxx and above. I have not found a list with all IGPs concerning GLSL Shader support (which is mainly a driver issue). According to specs, OpenGL 2.0 supports GLSL Shader officially. For the X3100 and similar, this seems like a bunch of paper features.
The real mobile enthusiast might take this path.
09-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Website Find
perpetualmind Offline

Threads: 5

I think the biggest problem for me is that my chipset is intergrated.
I cant go out and buy a new one, (even if i could i wouldnt have the money...) so im stuck with the one iv got.
I have access to about 4 other computers but only 1 of them can play the game, and I can only get about 20 minuits a day on that thing.

I guess for the rest of the people who have an Intel card/chipset the best we can hope for is that they patch the game.
I dont see Intel releacing any usefull updates any time soon, and there doesnt seem to be any programmes available that can help.
09-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Website Find
Dunge Offline

Threads: 3

Having the same problem on the demo.
FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Sad

Running Windows7 x64. I have a 9800GTX and a Intel 975x chipset (P5W DH Deluxe). I have the latest version of nvidia drivers installed. A fix or some official explanation would be welcome. I play all the latest games (ie. Mafia2 and such) and never had any problem initializing the rendering device on any game.
09-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Find
Hurs Offline

Threads: 1

what is GLSL and is it hardware? Because I have 1.10 and maybe thats why I cant run the game
09-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Find
aikaSan Offline

I have another problem with the demo I have this:
Intel GMA 4500MHD

Quote:http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid33606
09-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Find
Mr.Giggles Offline

(09-09-2010, 03:19 PM)perpetualmind Wrote: I think the biggest problem for me is that my chipset is intergrated.
I cant go out and buy a new one, (even if i could i wouldnt have the money...) so im stuck with the one iv got.
I have access to about 4 other computers but only 1 of them can play the game, and I can only get about 20 minuits a day on that thing.

I guess for the rest of the people who have an Intel card/chipset the best we can hope for is that they patch the game.
I dont see Intel releacing any usefull updates any time soon, and there doesnt seem to be any programmes available that can help.

i have an integrated chipset to but i might be able to get it to work but the problem is that the open gl version two driver that it has only supports 32 bit but i have 64 bit anyone have any ideas how i can get the driver to work in compatibility mode or somthing?HuhHuhHuhHuh
09-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Find
keeveek Offline

it seems that video card is not the whole problem.

My video card supports SM 3.0 (poorly, but still) and all new games run (even Mafia II but ofcourse it's laggy like hell but it RUNS).

Played lots of games based on OpenGL.

Patch is strongly recommended for that issue, i think...
09-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Find
Dunge Offline

Threads: 3

Here's the end of my log in case it can help:

Initializing Graphics Module
--------------------------------------------------------
Setting video mode: 1024 x 768 - 32 bpp
Init Glew...OK
Setting up OpenGL
  Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
  Renderer: GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+/PCI/SSE2
  Version: 3.3.0
  Max texture image units: 32
  Max texture coord units: 8
  Max user clip planes: 6
  Two sided stencil: 1
  Vertex Buffer Object: 1
  Anisotropic filtering: 1
  Max Anisotropic degree: 16
  Multisampling: 1
  Texture compression: 1
  Texture compression S3TC: 1
  Auto generate MipMaps: 1
  Render to texture: 1
  Max draw buffers: 8
  Max color render targets: 8
  Packed depth-stencil: 1
  Texture float: 1
  GLSL Version: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
  ShaderModel 2: 1
  ShaderModel 3: 1
  ShaderModel 4: 1
  OGL ATIFragmentShader: 0
ERROR: Frame buffer 'Deferred_GBuffer_Main' is not complete! Format is unsupported!
ERROR: Could not create frame buffer for Deferred renderer type: 0!
FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information.

As you can see, I do have GLSL Version: 3.30...
09-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Find