Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soma won't start
mrcenzoh
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago soma won't start
hey there, i'm not very good at english so pls forgive me if i do some mistakes

the first time i downloaded (and played obviously) soma nothing gone wrong and everything worked smoothly. for some reason i needed extra space on the hdd and then removed it.

the second time i downloaded soma and tried to play, the game won't start. tried everything on the troubleshooting guide but nothing happens and the game still won't start.

there is anyone that can help me?

many thanks
02-04-2016, 06:16 PM
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: soma won't start
If you have steam try doing a file integrity check on SOMA to see if something was messed up in the install.

if you want more help than that you need to give us more info to work with:

-your system specs, including the OS
-The platform through which you got the game, fx Steam, GOG, other?
-the hpl.log from SOMA folder
-Launcher.log from documents/mygames/soma

Any other information that might potentially be used to figure out just what is wrong
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2016, 07:58 PM by WALP.)
02-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Find
Unregistered

already did the file integrity check before posting here

system specs
intel i5
nvidia 635m
6gb ram
win 7

got the game through steam

and for some strange reason, when i try to do the copy-paste with hpl and launcher log, the browser freezes. how can i do to solve this problem?

thanks in advance m8
02-05-2016, 03:38 PM
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

problems with copy pasting is either related to your browser or system, which is outside the area of the SOMA game, you will have to seek support on that elsewhere, or solve the issue on your own.
02-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Find
Unregistered

here the launcher log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LTSU7...sp=sharing

and here the hpl log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LTSU7...sp=sharing
02-05-2016, 04:13 PM
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

2 things seem to be a problem based on the log.

1. You say you have nvidia 635, but the log states you have Intel HD graphics 4000, which is a non supported one. There might be a bug in the code that detects your graphics card, and so you might need to alter some config file to manually make the game know it needs to run your nvidia 635. I dont know exactly how or if you can do that though, but I will look into it given I find the time to.
Note I dont know much about your graphics card, so I cant guarantee it has any better support than the intel HD 4000.

2. The log is producing hundreds of errors because it is unable to enable some OpenGL extensions, claiming they are not supported. This could either be related to the previous error with the graphics card, or it could be that your drivers are not up to date (or that they are up to date but there is a bug in the driver).

First of all I recommend just updating your drivers if you can.

Then you either wait for me or someone else to find a fix, or you try to figure out on your own how to manually set the renderer to use your graphics card, and see if that fixes it.
02-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Try Step 2 or 3 in this post. Although it is about Amnesia, these should work for SOMA as well: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...#pid277040

If that does not work, use the Have Disk Method, explained in the post above the one I linked you to.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-06-2016, 12:41 AM
Find
Unregistered

tried step 2 and 3 but it doesn't work, tried have disk method and it works smoothly

many many many thanks m8
02-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.