Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

No way to restore sanity other than solving puzzles?
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12
No way to restore sanity other than solving puzzles?

In the demo, one could simply light a candle with a tinderbox, stand in the light for a bit, and revover a decent amount of sanity. I am trying that in the actual game right now and it doesnt seem to work.

How else can I restore my sanity besides solving puzzles or making progress?

Edit: Standing in the light does restore sanity, although at a MUCH slower rate compared to the demo.
09-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: No way to restore sanity other than solving puzzles?

In the blog they said that the insanity wasn't same in the demo that it was going to be in the full game.

09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Website Find
membrain Offline

Threads: 4

Regarding insanity I have a question: What do I have to fear when sanity gets low? Besides a graphical filter that makes the screen look frozen I didn't notive any disadvantages so I leave many lanterns or candles unlit.

membrain
09-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12

(09-08-2010, 08:40 PM)membrain Wrote: Regarding insanity I have a question: What do I have to fear when sanity gets low? Besides a graphical filter that makes the screen look frozen I didn't notive any disadvantages so I leave many lanterns or candles unlit.

membrain

You are much more easily detected by monsters when hiding.
09-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13

I think it makes it easier to be seen? I remember it saying that looking at enemies for too long drains your sanity and makes them more likely to spot you.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Find
membrain Offline

So what if I hid in the dark and do not look at enemies? Will they me find easy then as well?

membrain
09-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

If your sanity is at "..." point, there is nothing you can do if enemy sees you.
They move at lightning speed and spot you no matter what.

09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Website Find
membrain Offline

Ok, that sounds creepy. I don't like too fast enemies.
But now a thoughtexperiment:
What if I went up an object the enemy can't reach (there are a few in every map) and turn on my lantern up there ... When there's light and I don't look at the enemy so that my status isn't "..." anymore, can the enemy then still see me when I turn off my lantern?

Hmm ... just a thought. I bet it will see me though.

membrain
09-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Find
RoadCrewWorker Offline

Threads: 0

I think the worst punishment for draining the sanity meter all the way to the bottom is that you actually fall down and have to crawl on the floor for a few seconds (probably not a good thing to happen while running away from enemies). After you get up you regain a good portion of the sanity from what i remember.

Edit just to make it clear: you will recover sanity over time, but it takes a minute or two of twiddling thumbs. Personally i didn't have much problems (only ran out of oil once) going at a natural pace.
09-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Your controls get laggy and slow sometimes too when you're low on sanity. That is quite annoying, especially when a monster is after you.
09-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Find