Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
perpetualmind Offline

Threads: 5
What would you like to see from Frictional next?

Well, Amnesia is finally here, and it is amazing.
But now im curious to know what the next thing we see from Frictional will be?
Im just wondering what everyone else would like to see from them.

Would you like them to try something new?
Something with a different type of gameplay or genre?

Is anybody interested in seeing them try out a more action oriented game or a game away from horror?

I love Frictional for there dedication to make games a brilliant experience, and Id love to see how they handle that were they to make a shooter or anything unlike the games they have made so far.
But at the same time, Frictional are one of the only companies left making TRUE horror games...
09-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Website Find
NateTheGreatt Offline

Threads: 4
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

I fucking LOVE getting the shit scared out of me. More than anything. I think if they did something different I'd like to see more puzzles, but with a similarly far-fetched theme and/or occurrence. Like a Myst or Riven game. I really like solving puzzles with this engine.
09-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Find
perpetualmind Offline

id really like to see them do something in a sci-fi setting.
the puzzles and the way you can interact with the environment could be really awesome in like, a space ship or on a moon base or something.
Just imagine penumbra/amnesia style puzzles in zero gravity.

Ontop of that, id LOVE to see what kind of story they could come up with for a sci-fi.
And just imagine the capacity for horror, terrifying aliens chasing you in zero gravity!

plus they could make up loads of futuristic technology to make some REALLY cool puzzle elements!
09-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Website Find
Amnesia Offline

Threads: 2

(09-10-2010, 02:49 AM)perpetualmind Wrote: id really like to see them do something in a sci-fi setting.
the puzzles and the way you can interact with the environment could be really awesome in like, a space ship or on a moon base or something.
Just imagine penumbra/amnesia style puzzles in zero gravity.

Ontop of that, id LOVE to see what kind of story they could come up with for a sci-fi.
And just imagine the capacity for horror, terrifying aliens chasing you in zero gravity!

plus they could make up loads of futuristic technology to make some REALLY cool puzzle elements!

haha yeah that would be really nice. Also lots of creativity space, different aliens, species, powers, etc. I would also like some bosses in fractional games, something you could defeat by solving a puzzle. For example a big water monster chases you than you have to trick it into getting caught in a net. After that you need to burn it with something while it is caught in the net. And you must do it 3 times, every time it gets smarter and harder to get it caught in the net. Something like that would be interesting. Dead Space Frictional Games version Big Grin
09-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Find
Seiba Offline

Threads: 0

Pressure.
http://i33.tinypic.com/34y9uoo.jpg
09-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Find
Adeno Offline

Threads: 8

I'd like for them to make a real ghost story horror game, not something that involves artifacts, mystics, and chemistry. No big monsters, I want ghosts. Real vengeful souls who were wronged in their life and now dwell on the dark side and evil. Ghosts who don't care about ruling the world and a dimension. I want ghosts who just are mean to humans that they simply want to scare them and eventually pull them towards death.

09-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Find
perpetualmind Offline

(09-10-2010, 02:58 AM)Seiba Wrote: Pressure.

does that game have a site?
09-10-2010, 03:17 AM
Website Find
Seiba Offline

Threads: 0

(09-10-2010, 03:17 AM)perpetualmind Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 02:58 AM)Seiba Wrote: Pressure.

does that game have a site?
It doesn't exist.
There are some guys trying to flesh out the idea more to pitch to a dev studio, but who knows if that will get anywhere.
http://www.pixeleaterstudios.com/digital...=Main_Page
09-10-2010, 03:19 AM
Find
perpetualmind Offline

It doesn't exist.
There are some guys trying to flesh out the idea more to pitch to a dev studio, but who knows if that will get anywhere.

damn, i hope they actually get somewhere with it.
it looks like it could be a DAMN good game!
09-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Website Find
Chopper Offline

Threads: 3

(09-10-2010, 03:32 AM)perpetualmind Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 03:19 AM)Seiba Wrote:
It doesn't exist.

damn, i hope they actually get somewhere with it.
it looks like it could be a DAMN good game!

All I can say Purty purty pwease frictional games take before some one else does. it sounds like it would be epic

[Image: chopper.jpg]
09-10-2010, 04:51 AM
Find