Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

Tenacious, read lord of the rings, theres alot of dark places and foul monsters in that fantasy.
12-08-2010, 03:38 AM
Find
ving Offline

Threads: 2

seeing as we are loving this genre and what frictional have done with this game maybe something along the same lines would work, but with a different story line of course. like....

you are camping with friends in mountainous country, its night and there silence is punctuated only by the chirping of crickets, the occasional hoot of a lonely owl and the snoring of your 2 companions in their separate tents... you drift off to sleep.

minutes later you are woken: CRASH! BANG! RIP!... screams emanate from your friends tents, then all is silent, completely silent. you cower in fear in your closed tent watching in horror the fire lit solihettes of a group of ... of somethings hunched over rumaging through the remains of the camp site. one stops and suffling softly moves towards your tent, you scream and it leaps apon the tent plunging you into darkness (knocking you out).

and here the game starts... you awake, grogily with a headache in what looks like a cave. you have just been dumped unceremoniously on the ground....you hear distant grunting and growling noises... I HAVE TO GET OUTTA HERE!

i think itd work. it allows for all manner of creatures, endless cave systems including vast caverns, maybe under ground settlements with buildings... a simple horror survival type game play like amnesia...

hmm...
12-08-2010, 05:21 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

(12-08-2010, 03:38 AM)Alex7754 Wrote: Tenacious, read lord of the rings, theres alot of dark places and foul monsters in that fantasy.

I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of magic and horror. I'll have to take a look into it. Cool
12-08-2010, 05:51 AM
Find
Alex7754 Offline

(12-08-2010, 05:51 AM)Tenacious Wrote:
(12-08-2010, 03:38 AM)Alex7754 Wrote: Tenacious, read lord of the rings, theres alot of dark places and foul monsters in that fantasy.

I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of magic and horror. I'll have to take a look into it. Cool

yes look into it, very scary stuff.
12-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Find
PvtLastClass Offline

Threads: 1

I think outdoors COULD actually work. But there would need to be certain aspects to make it scary.
1. The player should be afraid of getting lost. Simultaneously, you don't want the player to end up in a situation where they have no idea where to go. Possibly any markers to follow can only be made use of while you are in no danger.
2. The player should be afraid of running headlong in any one direction. Possibly have the risk of very short-range, lethal obstacles that don't chase you (for instance, scattered bear traps, or high cliffs). This could help towards the issue of making monster pursuit more challenging. Alternatively, make the monsters run faster, but always be signalled of them from a long distance so you can find something you can use to evade them (climbing a tree, for instance)

I still think the "real person" thing would be very scary; but I admit I'd need a strong proof-of-concept to show it.
12-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Find
ving Offline

They need to fix the movement commands i think... we have forward/backward, strafe L/R, crouch, jump, run, and mouse for directions... all pretty standard me thinks. what would be good is sneak cause i am always afraid that walking is too noisy, and foetal position for moments where you just want your mummy! :p
12-09-2010, 04:41 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

I want to see Frictional create more friendly NPCs. It's very possible to do this without abandoning horror, and so far NPCs have been very static, or nonvisible. Let's see a dynamic, visible, moving nonhostile character.
12-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Find
ving Offline

what do you want? a pet cat? LOL
12-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I want to fight giant isopods.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Did someone just said: giant iPads?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2010, 02:17 PM by Kein.)
12-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Find