Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
Curiosity Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

I'm hoping for something more open. Such as a horror setting in per say a large forest. Blair witch style. I would like to see the sci- fi setting. But I say they should wait to go down that route. Since there are enough horror games out there that take place in space. And I hope Frictional can do it right. Maybe something like Event Horizon? xD

Also. I disagree with using a horror element like a crazed person, and something of that nature. People are afraid of the unknown with a crazed person, you at least know that thats all they are, a crazy person. With an unknown horror, you don't know what it is and can't do anything about it.

Crazy Person = Just section the mo fo. Astral Horror= wat.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2010, 10:55 PM by Curiosity.)
12-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(12-10-2010, 02:15 PM)Kein Wrote: Did someone just said: giant iPads?

Giant isopod:
Spoiler below!
[Image: isopod1.jpg]

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

That's... really scary thing.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
12-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Find
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6

(12-10-2010, 10:51 PM)Curiosity Wrote: I'm hoping for something more open. Such as a horror setting in per say a large forest. Blair witch style. I would like to see the sci- fi setting. But I say they should wait to go down that route. Since there are enough horror games out there that take place in space. And I hope Frictional can do it right. Maybe something like Event Horizon? xD

Also. I disagree with using a horror element like a crazed person, and something of that nature. People are afraid of the unknown with a crazed person, you at least know that thats all they are, a crazy person. With an unknown horror, you don't know what it is and can't do anything about it.

Crazy Person = Just section the mo fo. Astral Horror= wat.

I agree
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2010, 05:09 AM by Alex7754.)
12-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Find
BulletInTheHart Offline

Threads: 4

Hey Frictional. I hope that you read this because it something that I think could really make your next game a lot better. In your games for all but Overture you cant kill the enemies. In Overture you could but it was a clunky hit them repeatedly until they stay down affair. Not being able to kill your enemies is a good way to keep the player scared but also can make them feel a little too underpowered and takes away from some of the immersion or realism of it. To stop the game getting stale something that I think would be a particularly good idea is puzzle killing. Making the player think on their feet and giving them intricate ways to defeat their enemy or even just slow them down. So it is a matter of wit but will give a real sense of satisfaction when carried out and it does not need to be necessary rather the option. Even having things like guns in the game but instead of it being used to shoot an enemy which wouldn't work it used to shoot a rope which drops an anchor on the foe. I hope you see this and consider it.

"If you're mind makes up what you see then who's to say you're not just seeing what you want?"
12-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Find
w3sp Offline

Threads: 4

Whatever game they make, I really hope that:

- it doesn't take 2 years (can't wait that long...and Diablo3 will most likely already be released by then)

- it IS another Survival Horror where you're weaponless like in Black Plague and Amnesia. FrictionalGames earned themselves the title 'Creator of the best Horror Games' and that's why they should make another one. Because they CAN Smile
12-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

They are making a new game, that's for sure.

12-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Website Find
SunnyStrikesBack Offline

Threads: 0

i hope there will be a new game (something like amnesia) soon.
i´m waiting every single day for: NOW on steam.... Demo download Wink

(sry for my english xD)
12-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Find
BSTFRusZ13 Offline

Threads: 0

inside of pyramid with lots of HORROR and puzzle THAT will be the game
02-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

I want something like Amnesia, but with more RPG-Elements.
Open world, quests and this stuff. This would be great.

Oh, and I want some achievements!

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011, 12:00 AM by Gharren.)
02-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Website Find