Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map change problems
Venom Fox Offline

Threads: 9
Map change problems

Soo, I basically have two maps. 01_home99.hpm and 02_hospital.hpm
In the first map, there's a level door (exit_apartment) that leads to the second map.
And I have a PlayerStartArea in the second map. But when I use the door in the first map, I manage to get into the second map BUT everything is black. I can run around, though.
If I then press F5 (I'm in the dev mode) I spawn in the correct place. Anyone else having this problem? How do I fix this? :O I'm desperate!!!
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 07:21 PM by Venom Fox.)
03-10-2016, 07:19 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Map change problems

Do you have any light sources in the second map?
03-10-2016, 11:05 PM
Find
Unregistered

(03-10-2016, 11:05 PM)Abion47 Wrote: Do you have any light sources in the second map?

I do, lot of light sources actually Confused
03-11-2016, 06:48 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Check your second map for a map.cache file and delete that, then go to that level through normal play.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 08:53 AM by Romulator.)
03-11-2016, 08:52 AM
Find
Venom Fox Offline

(03-11-2016, 08:52 AM)Romulator Wrote: Check your second map for a map.cache file and delete that, then go to that level through normal play.

Did that, still doesn't work :C

Have you had this problem?

Also, could this have anything to do with the fact that I've put my maps like this : maps/mapname/mapname.hpm instead of just smashing all the files in the maps folder?

(yeah I've put it like this in the level editor under the mapfile box, 02_hospital/02_hospital.hpm)

Edit : Also, if I add a leveldoor to the second map and make it lead to the first map, the same problem occurs.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 03:19 PM by Venom Fox.)
03-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

In terms of the Level Editor, what happens when you do remove the folder prefix? Try that, then after, try what I mentioned below :3

------

Well, in SOMA personally, I haven't done a map change before. SOMA tries to ease the load of coming maps by preloading them. Have you specified an area say, approximately a minute before the map change where you call the Map_Preload() code block? If not, try creating a trigger area around that position, and when the player collides with it, call the Map_Preload() code.

PHP Code: (Select All)
void Map_Preload(const tString &in asMapNameeWorldStreamPriority aPrio=eWorldStreamPriority_Normal); 

Contextually, you would use this:

void Map_Preload("02_hospital.hpm"); 

And there's no problems with your folder structure. SOMA is pretty clever with locating maps, and in general, is a lot more organised than having one folder with every map. Frictional Games followed the same approach with their maps in the base game. Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 02:47 AM by Romulator.)
03-12-2016, 02:12 AM
Find
Venom Fox Offline

(03-12-2016, 02:12 AM)Romulator Wrote: In terms of the Level Editor, what happens when you do remove the folder prefix? Try that, then after, try what I mentioned below :3

------

Well, in SOMA personally, I haven't done a map change before. SOMA tries to ease the load of coming maps by preloading them. Have you specified an area say, approximately a minute before the map change where you call the Map_Preload() code block? If not, try creating a trigger area around that position, and when the player collides with it, call the Map_Preload() code.

void Map_Preload(const tString &in asMapNameeWorldStreamPriority aPrio=eWorldStreamPriority_Normal); 

Contextually, you would use this:

void Map_Preload("02_hospital.hpm"); 

And there's no problems with your folder structure. SOMA is pretty clever with locating maps, and in general, is a lot more organised than having one folder with every map. Frictional Games followed the same approach with their maps in the base game. Smile

Those were some really cool tips, thanks! .. But I'm afraid they didn't work :S

HOWEVER, I put a triggerarea in front of the leveldoor and used PlayerInteractCallBack to change the level, which suprisingly worked! (Still looks a bit clumsy, though, but better than nothing!) But thanks anyways, now I can continue working on my mod until a next major problem shows up! Smile
03-12-2016, 12:41 PM
Find