Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your scariest moment? *Spoilers*
thepaleking Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Your scariest moment? *Spoilers*

Spoiler below!
In the Water Lurker area. After my nerves were completely on edge due to the whole encounter, I make it to the grate and manage to knock two of the body parts into the water, wasting them. Using the last body part, I barely managed to open the gate before the the Lurker finished his meal, and it's chasing me as I dash toward the door at the end of the tunnel. I slam it shut behind me and leap towards to the red door, thinking I finally made it, only for it to be locked.

So I'm running the fuck around trying to figure out how to open the door, when suddenly the Lurker smashes its way through the door, causing me to have a near-heart attack. However I actually manage to jump onto a crate before it catches me. From that crate I attempt to jump closer to the shelves...and miss my mark and fall into the water RIGHT NEXT TO THE LURKER.

Just thought of another less lengthy one.
Spoiler below!
Towards the beginning of the prison area, I was taking it extremely slow and basically hiding in every cell I passed by. After hiding in one I opened the door and walked out, when suddenly a huge roar comes from down the hallway and caused Daniel to move slowly. I was convinced some giant monster was running towards me. Very unexpected scare
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2011, 06:57 AM by thepaleking.)
03-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Find
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9

Spoiler below!

1. First meeting the Kaernk.
2. The storage monster.
3. The brute in the sewer.
4. Crossing the bridge in the choir. :3

[Image: TRcp2.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2011, 01:05 PM by Brennenburg.)
03-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Find
Shammeh Offline

So many scares but the worst was definitely when:

nearing the end, i had worked up a sense of false-security. I was gang-raped by 3 gatherers, chased down by the Shadow while HAVING TO CLEAR THE WOOD AND STONES FROM THE DOOR. When the Nave was covered in organic material, i was just done. my last safe haven destroyed. i remember laughing slightly when i walked in on Agrippa, just chilling, in the goop filled room. it was like "oh...i can explain.." but yeah, when i was entering the chancel to put the orb pieces together and saw the grunt walking down the bridge to the left i was just like "ha suckerr" as i walked forward to put the pieces in the the little hole. when i said i needed the machinery to stop and realize that i needed to go the way the grunt went (applause to Frictional, that part was BRILLIANT). When I fixed the gears, and then went to leave and was scared half to death by the monster.
03-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Find
genmills Offline

Threads: 7

So many it's hard to narrow it down! For starters...

Spoiler below!
The first time I played the game and encountered the water lurker. It was bad enough that the lights instantly went out, then I see it rushing towards me. Every time I missed a jump, my heart starting racing...

Also, the iron maiden made me jump sooo badly!!! And afterwards, I was stupid enough to go stand it in, and it SLAMMED shut and I jumped even worse!

Another thing I really liked--didn't make me jump, but provided EXCELLENT atmosphere--was when you first hear the piano music... Then when you walk past it it slams shut. To top that off, when you leave that area, the music starts up again, as if the spirit is taunting you... creeeeepy....

Oh also in the kitchen, I didn't know to block the door and I tried to run behind the pigs, panicking the whole time as he broke through to door and ran to kill me.

Oh and another nother one, was when I first saw the "running" creature (don't know all the names) in the Choir. I heard it behind me so I started to book it, peeking behind all the while. I started freaking out when I saw how fast it gained on me!

The fact that I had to list so many "scariest moments" is a testament to just how scary this game is!!
03-28-2011, 03:23 AM
Find
thepaleking Offline

When exiting the storage, after getting the rods, I was extremely paranoid that a creature was lying in wait behind the door at the top of the stairs (there was a similar event in Black Plague); expecting something to burst out and chase me, I ran past the door and into the dark area, straight on into a grunt that came out of seemingly nowhere. Almost had a heart attack and ran all the way back to the torture chamber to hide.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2011, 04:13 AM by thepaleking.)
03-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(03-18-2011, 01:29 AM)Shammeh Wrote: So many scares but the worst was definitely when:

nearing the end, i had worked up a sense of false-security. I was gang-raped by 3 gatherers, chased down by the Shadow while HAVING TO CLEAR THE WOOD AND STONES FROM THE DOOR. When the Nave was covered in organic material, i was just done. my last safe haven destroyed. i remember laughing slightly when i walked in on Agrippa, just chilling, in the goop filled room. it was like "oh...i can explain.." but yeah, when i was entering the chancel to put the orb pieces together and saw the grunt walking down the bridge to the left i was just like "ha suckerr" as i walked forward to put the pieces in the the little hole. when i said i needed the machinery to stop and realize that i needed to go the way the grunt went (applause to Frictional, that part was BRILLIANT). When I fixed the gears, and then went to leave and was scared half to death by the monster.

Huh? I don't remember that.
03-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10

gandalf, that part is after you have escaped the prison cells with the shadow chasing you. After that you'll be back at the Chancel. There, you can see the Brute walking towards the machine room and surprise surprise, you have to go there Blush
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2011, 05:23 PM by CrushedRaiD.)
03-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Find
Leu Radu Offline

Scary... hmm...

The greatest startle scare I got was when I was going to use the orb the get past the barrier. I got quite relaxed at that point, and was looking forward to what came next. I walk calmly in the great hall... and saw the THING running wildly towards me! I ran back a few steps, it caught me, and in real life I shook wildly for a few seconds.

A really scary part was the prison. That's where I started to doubt my sanity in real life. I ended up staring at a candle for at least five minutes, my mind being completely blank...

Story elements also had their mind-twisting moments. The part where you have a flashback of yourself making a sacrifice was definitely the most blood chilling. "Paint the man, cut the lines! Paint the man, cut the lines!"
03-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(03-30-2011, 05:23 PM)CrushedRaiD Wrote: gandalf, that part is after you have escaped the prison cells with the shadow chasing you. After that you'll be back at the Chancel. There, you can see the Brute walking towards the machine room and surprise surprise, you have to go there Blush

When I played through the game I never got a brute at that part...hmmm. And I even noticed there was a music track titled 26_Event:Brute or something like that, so I went and looked in map editor and didn't see one. Tongue Weird.
03-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Find
Jormungandr Offline

Threads: 2

Why the heck, I got so freaked out by the damn Shadow chase.
04-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Find