Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freeze in cisterns
henrik Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Freeze in cisterns

Hi,
I'm experiencing constant freezes in the cistern area (it's happened both in the western sewers & in the control room areas).

The game simply freezes with graphics distortions all over the screen, and a snippet of the sound continuously playing for a while (but stops after a couple of seconds). I can't do anything with the computer, and have to force it off with the power button.

Until I reached this area I haven't had any problems with Amnesia, and I haven't experienced any freezes before on this computer.

I'm playing on a 15" 2010 MacBook Pro & my hardware info is:

Modellnamn: MacBook Pro
Modellidentifierare: MacBookPro6,2
Processornamn: Intel Core i7
Processorhastighet: 2,66 GHz
Antal processorer: 1
Totalt antal kärnor: 2
L2-cache (per kärna): 256 K
L3-cache: 4 MB
Minne: 4 GB
Anslutningshastighet mellan processorer: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM-version: MBP61.0057.B0C
SMC-version (system): 1.58f15

I've attached the game log from the last session, but I don't think it contains anything related to the freeze..

Any ideas?

//H
09-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Freeze in cisterns

can you send me the save game file and what you did to recreate the crash?

Also, is your laptop overheating at all?

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
09-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Website Find
henrik Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Freeze in cisterns

(09-23-2010, 02:00 PM)Urkle Wrote: can you send me the save game file and what you did to recreate the crash?

Also, is your laptop overheating at all?

I've attached the save game the log says it loaded. I didn't do anything in particular to recreate the crash; just walking around solving the puzzles in the area.

The fans were working quite a bit, but that's only natural when running a 3D game. One of the times it froze, the computer casing was quite hot (that's also pretty common for a i7 MBP), but when the last freeze occured I hadn't been playing for long (just a few minutes), so the computer didn't feel warm at all. It was on a flat surface & the vents were not covered in any way.

I don't have any fan or temperature surveillance installed on this computer, so I can't give you any exact information on the heat status inside the case though.
Ah, the save-file was to large to attach.. It can be downloaded here instead:

http://cl.ly/401213e392d9439e6533

//H
I installed SMC Fan Control to keep track of the temperature, and switched to running in windowed mode (I've always played in fullscreen before) to see the menu bar with fan info. Otherwise I kept the same settings, but increased from Medium detail level to High (I had lowered to Medium before to see if that helped against the freezes, which it didn't).

I experienced no freeze, and the temperature kept between 65-85° Celsius, with one peak in the beginning of about 98°, which triggered the fans to go up to around 5000-6000 rpm for the rest of the session (and kept the temperature down).

I did however manage to make Amnesia crash by playing for a while and then trying to load the saved game I've linked above. After restarting, I could load the game without any problems though..
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2010, 03:07 PM by henrik.)
09-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Find