Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why did the monsters chase Daniel?
Varg6 Offline

Threads: 2
Why did the monsters chase Daniel?

I'm just curious, does anyone know why those monsters--which, from what I understand, are Alexander's servants--attack Daniel? If they really are Alexander's servants, wouldn't they attack him after Alexander thought of him as a threat (which didn't happen until more than half way through the game)?
09-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Why did the monsters chase Daniel?

The only explanation is that since they're monsters in nature, they'll attack anything on sight (other than other monsters).... Perhaps.

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
09-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

Then why did they capture Daniel instead of killing him ?
09-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Find
Datashocker Offline

Threads: 0

**************************SPOILER**************************
They never capture him until the end, when Alexander tells them too. Until then I think they were just trying to kill him.

The girlish scream that Daniel puts forth as he sees a disturbing event is enough to make my day.
09-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(09-24-2010, 03:29 PM)Datashocker Wrote: **************************SPOILER**************************
They never capture him until the end, when Alexander tells them too. Until then I think they were just trying to kill him.

Yes I was talking about the part where you get captured, they got Daniel right there, why not kill him instead of just throwing him into a cell in bad condition ?
09-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Find
tacc Offline

Threads: 5

(09-24-2010, 04:12 AM)Varg6 Wrote: which, from what I understand, are Alexander's servants--attack Daniel? If they really are Alexander's servants

The game really implies it. But it still doesn't fit. He only writes that they are a "quiet lot". If those guys are the servants that have been there all the time, wouldn't he write something like "they are horrible disfigured creatures" or something?

But those guys in the morgue were servants too. And there was also a letter about the explosives in the storage.

"I can't stress enough how important it is that the mixture is handled with care. Please try to tell your featherbrained servants this before you go ahead with your plans."

Only "normal" humans would be able to handle those explosives. I mean, the monsters can't open doors and don't even have hands.
09-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

I think they were under orders to protect where Alexander told them to - and stop anyone from getting further. Eventually Alexander realizes what Daniel is attempting to do, and thus put Daniel into a cell as a sacrifice for the shadow. When he escapes, he becomes a real threat to Alex's plans. Thus the need to kill daniel again.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
09-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

The Servants are unknown to be human formerly.
They were to catch humans for Alexander's experiments. See the "The Gatherers" memo. And Alexander's note "Regarding Closing of Wine Cellar".

Daniel has one memo about them too, about their scent.

Just try to read every note, flashback and so in the game. I can bring up from the language file, if that helps.

09-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-24-2010, 03:45 PM)Arvuti Wrote:
(09-24-2010, 03:29 PM)Datashocker Wrote: **************************SPOILER**************************

Yes I was talking about the part where you get captured, they got Daniel right there, why not kill him instead of just throwing him into a cell in bad condition ?

Because Alexander ordered them to bring Dan in prison? The game events states that clearly.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Find
Varg6 Offline

Threads: 2

(09-25-2010, 08:30 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: The Servants are unknown to be human formerly.
They were to catch humans for Alexander's experiments. See the "The Gatherers" memo. And Alexander's note "Regarding Closing of Wine Cellar".

Daniel has one memo about them too, about their scent.

Just try to read every note, flashback and so in the game. I can bring up from the language file, if that helps.

Please do. If you don't mind. Not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to read it myself.
09-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Find