Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Cannibalism [RELEASED]
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Cannibalism [RELEASED]

Great map. The music is mostly very good but I'm note entirely convinced by the music when you first enter the cellar.

Spoiler below!
I'm stuck at the point where I've got what I assume to be blood (the bowl with the liquid in isn't labelled in the inventory) from the hanging pig, and now I don't know what to do. The door near the pillars in the large room downstairs is still locked, and the metal door in the upstairs landing is locked. Am I missing a couple of keys, or am I supposed to be doing something else?

Wow - what a mansion!
11-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Find
Cowa Offline

Threads: 1

(11-15-2010, 06:40 PM)Bulbatron Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I'm stuck at the point where I've got what I assume to be blood (the bowl with the liquid in isn't labelled in the inventory) from the hanging pig, and now I don't know what to do. The door near the pillars in the large room downstairs is still locked, and the metal door in the upstairs landing is locked. Am I missing a couple of keys, or am I supposed to be doing something else?

Some help :
Spoiler below!
Read the note with the experiences on the pig.

If you still not see :
Spoiler below!
You have to put the blood bowl in the bucket of water near the dead pig.
11-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

(11-15-2010, 07:36 PM)Cowa Wrote:
(11-15-2010, 06:40 PM)Bulbatron Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Some help :
Spoiler below!
Read the note with the experiences on the pig.

If you still not see :
Spoiler below!
You have to put the blood bowl in the bucket of water near the dead pig.

Cheers, I did all the necessary reading, but I did't even
Spoiler below!
notice the bucket.

Wow - what a mansion!
11-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Find
Andross Offline

Just played through it. It was pretty damn good! Smile

A few remarks though
Spoiler below!

- I got stuck, like many, when I couldn't find the key to the cellar, although I got the hint with the "kamin"
- So I managed to get to the second floor without visiting the cellar by jumping on the balcony in the big room with the chimney. You have to stand on a chair, then jump on the suit of armor, and from there, you can reach the balcony with some mashing of the jump-button.
- For the pig puzzle, a few sound cues or a description on the bowl would have helped to tell me that I was actually achieving something.
- After I left the room with the pig, an out-of-level-bug occured. I think it was caused by a piece of rubble that blocks the entrance. At least I eventually paid a visit to the cellar, but probably not in the way you intended^^

That's all. It was a great map though, you really managed to give me the creeps at certain parts. And I liked the ending Wink
11-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Find
anzki Offline

Threads: 6

Thanks for Andross and everyone else who played this custom story and gave comments. Big Grin

You can await some more "soonish"(=when it's done.)

[Image: 2qnr5av.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2010, 01:22 PM by anzki.)
11-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Find
anzki Offline

Just googled my custom story and found this. ;D

[Image: 2qnr5av.png]
11-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

(11-19-2010, 06:12 PM)anzki Wrote: Just googled my custom story and found this. ;D

I like it!

11-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Find
gomiboy Offline

Hi anzki, just downloaded your v 1.0 but i had to change a line in custom_story_settings.cfg to make it show under custom maps:

to : MapsFolder = "Maps/ch01/"

I'm on linux, but also mac users will have the same problem.
I'll play now and report any other "case sensitivity" issues if i find them.

EDIT: I enjoyed it very much and found no other issues.

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2010, 06:15 PM by gomiboy.)
11-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Find
Sil Offline

Threads: 0

I liked it and what Andross says about the pig puzzle, I have to agree!

(11-18-2010, 08:49 PM)Andross Wrote: Just played through it. It was pretty damn good! Smile

A few remarks though
Spoiler below!

- For the pig puzzle, a few sound cues or a description on the bowl would have helped to tell me that I was actually achieving something.

12-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

I'm enjoying this mod a lot (haven't reached the second floor yet). The ambient sounds really add to the atmosphere, a delicate touch which many people seem to forget (or just don't carry out well). I found the grinding sound in the starting room so disturbing that I quickly left the room, and later went back and closed the door because I could still hear it every time I passed the room. I'm not sure about the piano music yet; generally speaking I think that ambient sound should dominate, and music should be used very rarely, if at all (realism is the key to immersion, and no one goes through life listening to a running soundtrack in the background).

The lighting on the other hand is especially well done, and the rooms look well prepared rather than just thrown together. The notes provide just enough information to whet the appetite, encouraging me to explore for the sake of trying to figure out what's going on. This is something else other mods seem to miss; I don't want to be motivated to explore just for the sake of finding yet another key so I can get out of this room and start looking for the next key. I hope that this map incorporates some puzzle solving, as this was a particularly strong aspect of the original game, and again it's something seriously missing from most mods.

I admire this mod particularly for the fact that it establishes a very strong sense of dread and fearful expectation, which I have found missing in other mods. I'm already feeling as nervous in this mod as I did in the original, opening doors with care and gritting my teeth in tension when entering dark rooms. In terms of atmosphere, it's the closest to the original Amnesia of all the mods I've played. Others have commented on the need for polishing, and I won't repeat what they've already said; I'd rather praise you for the good work you've done. Smile
12-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Find