Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
Subterranea (Work in Progress - NEED FEEDBACK)
Soon Offline

Threads: 11
Subterranea (Work in Progress - NEED FEEDBACK)

This is what I have so far. I'm looking for feedback. I'm not gonna bother posting anything about the story on here because the custom story has an introduction that sets the mood Smile

Please provide feedback, I've put a lot of work into this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w5vigrnl4vic3h3

I just had a random need to show this to my friends. Is there any way I can recover this?
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 05:09 AM by Soon.)
10-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Find
A12 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Subterranea (WIP)

That....is.............eeeeeeppppiiiiiiiiic!

I loved every part of it! Well, every part I could go until I had to exit the game due to fear. I'm a coward like that.

Seriously, though, it was great. I don't even know how you did it. Bravo. Maybe I'll add more details when I can suck up my courage and try to continue. Big Grin
10-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Find
RazTK Offline

Threads: 1

Epic indeed! I had an awesome time until the game crashed when I entered the storage room.

More please! :>
10-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Find
Soon Offline

Yeah, sorry. Storage is as far as it goes... for now Big Grin
10-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Find
Soon Offline

RE: Subterranea (Work in Progress - NEED FEEDBACK)

But 3 working maps so far is a good start!
10-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Find
Slith Offline

Threads: 4

Had some issues figuring out what to do in the first room. And when i found out i was out of lantern oil so when the scary music came i shut down xD A hint would be nice ^^ Spent a few minutes tossing chairs and whatever else i could find xD
10-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Find
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2

Very nice. The first monster in the hallway is very well done, reminiscent of Penumbra Overture's ending (although with something actually coming after you). Looks like a ton of work has gone into this so far. I also quite liked the loud scream as you go to pick up the note which talks about... you guessed it... horrible screaming. Made me really uneasy.
10-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Find
Soon Offline

As far as the first room goes, I thought I made it pretty obvious with the elevated area. I'll try to find a way to make it a little more obvious. Also, if the scary music creeped you out after dropped down, you might not be able to stomache the rest. Smile

As for the monster in the hallway, I never did play Penumbra, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. But I am glad that you enjoyed it! Big Grin
Oh, and thanks for the feedback guys! Keep it coming!
Just had a thought for the "hint" for what to do in the first room. I could just have a noise of a slight draft coming from there and only when you're standing pretty close to it. I'm sure that'd help.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2010, 07:51 AM by Soon.)
10-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Find
Slith Offline

Threads: 4

Haha, I'll handle it, just didn't have time to give it another go earlier. Will give it another shot later Wink

And sure, good idea. I spent some time up there, thinking there was some kind of scripted event supposed to occur when doing something special with the goblet, so i was standing on and near the carpet. Just something slightly pointing your attention to the carpet ^^
10-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Find
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2

One more thing before I go to bed-

Although this would take a ton of extra work, I think it would be a neat idea to have the player start off in the town itself, and find the circular building after a few minutes of wandering around in the ghost town. Would add a good period of foreshadowing before the descent into the caverns. I think there are a few buildings (the farm buildings from the flashback sequence in Amnesia) in the model files somewhere.

Maybe it's just my Lovecraftian itch tingling Big Grin
10-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Find