Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

(05-14-2013, 06:06 AM)jennipuu Wrote:
(01-07-2012, 04:11 PM)Crtomir Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 01:27 PM)Roy595 Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:50 AM)here4uallday Wrote: Storage and the Archives make me have heart attacks each time I enter them. Sad Don't like those levels.
This, and prison. Although the Archives I'm thinking of is the one near the start of the game. That place just felt terribly wrong to me.
Agreed. Archives felt wrong on so many levels. The music (I've sped it up in Audacity and it's basically a bunch of dogs/wolves howling) and Brute's whining made it what it is.

Hey, someone else has Archives on their list too! That was definitely one of the worst places for me. All the new, eerie sounds echoing in the hallways, a sudden groan around the corner, moaning just behind the door beside you... All that made me extremely stressed. And since there hadn't appeared any monsters before in the game before, I was absolutely convinced that this would finally be it, any second now something would spawn and begin to chase me.
The first time I was really afraid to move even an inch was in the Archives.

Oh great. The Storage and Prison levels must be excellent to you.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-14-2013, 06:12 AM
Find
jennipuu Offline

Threads: 0

(05-14-2013, 06:12 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(05-14-2013, 06:06 AM)jennipuu Wrote:
(01-07-2012, 04:11 PM)Crtomir Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 01:27 PM)Roy595 Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 01:50 AM)here4uallday Wrote: Storage and the Archives make me have heart attacks each time I enter them. Sad Don't like those levels.
This, and prison. Although the Archives I'm thinking of is the one near the start of the game. That place just felt terribly wrong to me.
Agreed. Archives felt wrong on so many levels. The music (I've sped it up in Audacity and it's basically a bunch of dogs/wolves howling) and Brute's whining made it what it is.

Hey, someone else has Archives on their list too! That was definitely one of the worst places for me. All the new, eerie sounds echoing in the hallways, a sudden groan around the corner, moaning just behind the door beside you... All that made me extremely stressed. And since there hadn't appeared any monsters before in the game before, I was absolutely convinced that this would finally be it, any second now something would spawn and begin to chase me.
The first time I was really afraid to move even an inch was in the Archives.

Oh great. The Storage and Prison levels must be excellent to you.

Yeah, those were quite horrifying as well. For some reason they weren't as bad though, somehow it was easier to keep myself calm enough to proceed and even explore a little in those places...
05-14-2013, 06:34 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

At this point, pretty much any noise scares me into quitting.

I swear Amnesia got INSIDE MY HEAD. MY HEAD KNOWS HOW TO SCARE ME, IT KNOWS!!!

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 04:41 AM by Ghieri.)
05-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Find
Bonehead Offline

Threads: 12

Any time I lock myself in the closet and can't control myself not to peek.. I peek. And he's staring at me. I close the door thinking I'm safe.. and there goes the chase music. lol.
05-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

Probably the prison area. That level creeped me out so much I even had a dream about it haha.

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
05-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Find
John The Undead Offline

The whole atmosphere in the choir area was so terrifying. And that dude was really fast!
05-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Find
cl0nec0mmand0 Offline

Threads: 1

(10-12-2010, 01:08 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: The part where I first encountered a monster in the Storage.

Thinking a sound was just something ambient and then all of a sudden I see his figure in the doorway? My heart was pounding, HARD.

I could 'hear' the fear in my voice, like something you'd hear in a horror movie by an awesome actor.

i watched your vid so i just opened it slighly than ran like hell :3

th prison scared be the most had the most monster encounters and was dark and so fcking scary

scardy cat =P
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2013, 08:40 PM by cl0nec0mmand0.)
05-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Find
RiverPhlegethon Offline

I think the Choir freaked me out the most. I still get jumpy when I go through that area, 5+ playthroughs later. All the fog making it impossible to see the monsters...Sudden groans in the distance...Attempting to hide behind pillars.
Though I was really stressed out in the Inner Sanctum, for some reason. No clue why.
05-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

The choir was the hell for me. I'm glad a friend helped me on this part, because I was only able to cower in a corner and do nothing. I love the three rooms with the torture equipment especially the iron maiden, really crazy part. Smile

Also the brute in the room, where you have to produce the vaccine from the corpse creeped me out.
06-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Find
drachehexe Offline

Threads: 2

The chase right after escaping the prison. At first I was watching the shadow block my path back to the cells...then I realized it wasn't stopping and I needed to run like hell.
06-03-2013, 04:30 AM
Find