Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What part of Amnesia scared you the most?
dontkillmejustine Offline

Threads: 2
RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most?

The part with Aggrippa scared me most. His face is terrifying.
06-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

(06-19-2013, 07:09 PM)dontkillmejustine Wrote: The part with Aggrippa scared me most. His face is terrifying.

Really? Compared to all the other levels?

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
06-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

A bag of potatoes I accidentally kicked up into my view port in a recent playthrough scared me more than any grunt ever did.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2013, 07:24 AM by Ghieri.)
07-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

The part where I have to make an explosive mixture. I do not remember how that level is named exactly, but there're huge wooden barrels and truly dark. When I got there I had no tinders, so I could not brighten up the place even slightly and I was scared to shit by the monster contrasty silhouette roaming somewhere there in the darkness with me. I do remember how I crawled into the darkest corner with the blood dripping from above, fuck man, I was scared as I wasn't ever scared in my whole life, even when I was a child and was afraid of someone's under the bed.
07-10-2013, 03:44 AM
Website Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(07-10-2013, 03:44 AM)Alex Ros Wrote: fuck man, I was scared as I wasn't ever scared in my whole life, even when I was a child and was afraid of someone's under the bed.

Allow me a question here;
If there was something that could take that terror even further... what would that be for you?

07-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

(07-10-2013, 04:35 AM)Amn Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 03:44 AM)Alex Ros Wrote: fuck man, I was scared as I wasn't ever scared in my whole life, even when I was a child and was afraid of someone's under the bed.
Allow me a question here;
If there was something that could take that terror even further... what would that be for you?
I suppose intricate confusing corridors and lostness in space could exacerbate fear tenfold. During the gameplay, I have never experienced the feeling that I truly got lost, even when it was absolutely dark. To be really lost and to know that something monstrous is also roaming somewhere here with me would be an absolute horror.

In my opinion as a whole Amnesia seriously lacks of places that could be really confusing simply by adding unnecessary in gameplay terms corridors and rooms. No it's not that badly linear of course, it's the greatest horror game at the time. Simply the best of best. But...
07-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Website Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

The Choir was the level that I put off playing for a long time, till I finally built up enough courage to play it Tongue

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
07-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Find
AutoCon8411 Offline

Threads: 0

Any part where it involved a tense scripted chase (Archive Tunnels, Cells)... I tend to tense up too much during those and my heart beats a million per second. I then cherish every moment of peace and victory once I reach the next room.

The Cellar Archives always got to me. I was never a fan of in-game parkour, and it didn't make it any better with a Kaernk in each room. Then the Tunnels D:

The Prison had me on the edge of my seat for the most part, mainly due to the maze-like corridors that made it up. I didn't know what to do or where to hide if a Grunt found me, because half of the cells were either locked or were inaccessible, and I didn't know which ones. Reading over on both prison blocks, I realised (prior to playing) that it gets worse in the Northern Block, and it put me off for some time.

The Sewers were quite nerve-wracking. I remember reading up on the part where you had to distract a Brute near the end of the level, so I tried that. I misread the instructions, and tried to throw the rock from one side of the path, over the Brute's head, to the other side. Both attempts got me killed (I splashed when I hopped back into the water (I then hid behind another pipe, praying for the Brute to go away), and I threw a rock too high and it hit a pipe just above me and rebounded to where I was) and ruined my no-death playthrough.

The Choir. I was put off from playing the game for a few days because a Brute spawned opposite my hiding place (the other side of a pillar). I couldn't move without risking it seeing me, but eventually I completed the task at hand, at the cost of control over my shaking hands...
09-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3

My first encounter with Alois and Malo. Enough said.

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
09-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Find
linkhead2 Offline

Threads: 4

im thiniking the storage and 07 cellar archives
10-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Find