Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games Informer review
Karkarov Offline

Threads: 2
Games Informer review

Amnesia finally gets reviewed in the november issue of Games Informer. It scores a whopping 9.25 out of 10 and was only outscored by Civ 5 and Dead Rising 2 in this issue. It outscored Enslaved, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Force Unleashed 2, Medal of Honor, and a plethora of other big name games.

The review compares it's gameplay to Alan Wake and compliments it for the action never taking away from it's immersion or suspense unlike the former. To quote the final paragraph....

"If Resident Evil is Aliens, Amnesia is Alien... Amnesia shows us by example that gaming has entirely new realms to explore. The price of admission is only $20 through your digital retailer of choice. Do the right thing."

Many people might not respect Games Informer much, but it is the most circulated and read gaming magazine out there right now. This is the kind of press this game needed and grats to Frictional Games on scoring one more excellent review! This game will never sell enough copies, it is that good.
10-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Games Informer review

What about a link?

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
10-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Find
Karkarov Offline

(10-18-2010, 09:06 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: What about a link?

Hmmm I read the review in the actual magazine.... Let me see if I can find it online.

Ok here you go. http://gameinformer.com/games/amnesia_th...right.aspx
10-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Find
RazTK Offline

Threads: 1

Congratulations Frictional Games! You definitely deserve it.

It shows that you don't necessarily need a huge budget to make an awesome game experience. You just need to be innovative, talented, think out-of-the-box, and give it all you got. Just like you guys do at FG.

Thank you for this high-quality title that is Amnesia.
10-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Find
311alien Offline

Threads: 7

(10-18-2010, 08:40 PM)Karkarov Wrote: Amnesia finally gets reviewed in the november issue of Games Informer. It scores a whopping 9.25 out of 10 and was only outscored by Civ 5 and Dead Rising 2 in this issue. It outscored Enslaved, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Force Unleashed 2, Medal of Honor, and a plethora of other big name games.

The review compares it's gameplay to Alan Wake and compliments it for the action never taking away from it's immersion or suspense unlike the former. To quote the final paragraph....

"If Resident Evil is Aliens, Amnesia is Alien... Amnesia shows us by example that gaming has entirely new realms to explore. The price of admission is only $20 through your digital retailer of choice. Do the right thing."

Many people might not respect Games Informer much, but it is the most circulated and read gaming magazine out there right now. This is the kind of press this game needed and grats to Frictional Games on scoring one more excellent review! This game will never sell enough copies, it is that good.

Just got my magazine in the mail yesterday and read the outstanding review. I was psyched when I read it. Bravo fictional, bravo!
10-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

Hopefully it will get featured in something really major and a wave of interest comes in.

Perhaps an internet meme will suffice.
10-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Find
Mr.Goodcat Offline

Threads: 0

Way to go Frictional, you just pleased the most brutal gaming reviewer ever, give yourselves a pat on the back. Here it is, http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v...rk-Descent
10-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

The Zero Punctuation review did indeed help, as discussed here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4969.html
10-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Find
Unreal Offline

Threads: 9

I'm not only amazed that Game Informer reviewed a relatively unknown game like Amnesia, but gave it a much deserved score of 9.25! NICE!! Even more people are going to get the game now Smile
10-21-2010, 04:13 AM
Find