Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help AMFP Engineer wont break door
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
AMFP Engineer wont break door

I am using the Engineer enemy from AMFP, specifically the 'engineer.ent' rather than any of the other engineer variants. I have set him up and he patrols fine, but if he spots the player and the player shuts a door to separate them the engineer wont break it down, he might make the noises as if he is but he wont actually attack the door. The door in question is definitely breakable so I don't know if there is a setting in the model editor that needs changing so he will attack doors?

07-25-2016, 09:24 PM
Find
serbusfish Offline

RE: AMFP Engineer wont break door

Anyone?

08-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

If he's not actually attacking the door, perhaps the animation isn't playing and that's why he won't attack it? Testing that would just mean making it so the manpig can't see you (Disable Triggers) and pathnode it into a closed door.

You could always simulate the door breaking with particle effects and scripting damage to the door. Frictional did something similar moments after you inject yourself with the fungi vaccine in the Morgue. The door which you walk up to gets smashed when you approach, and there is no Brute on the other side until you run from it.

Sneaky sneaky Frictional

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016, 04:48 PM by Romulator.)
08-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Find
serbusfish Offline

(08-01-2016, 04:36 PM)Romulator Wrote: If he's not actually attacking the door, perhaps the animation isn't playing and that's why he won't attack it? Testing that would just mean making it so the manpig can't see you (Disable Triggers) and pathnode it into a closed door.

You could always simulate the door breaking with particle effects and scripting damage to the door. Frictional did something similar moments after you inject yourself with the fungi vaccine in the Morgue. The door which you walk up to gets smashed when you approach, and there is no Brute on the other side until you run from it.

Sneaky sneaky Frictional

That's a good idea to manually script it to happen, thanks I may end up making it work that way Big Grin

08-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

You could always put it in model editor and compare user defined variables to the grunt 's ones. Maybe something there ?

08-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(08-02-2016, 10:05 PM)Darkfire Wrote: You could always put it in model editor and compare user defined variables to the grunt 's ones. Maybe something there ?
I remember a problem like this related to the size of the entity. You may want to look into that.

08-02-2016, 10:58 PM
Find