Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Scariest Crap In You Pants Moments
hawgdriver Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Scariest Crap In You Pants Moments

It's either the moment of physical contact with the water monster **SCWAP!!** <blood>, coupled with that first realization of imminent death, OR,

it's this time in the storage room where I was running from one of the monsters (don't think he was following, but kept running), and I ran all the way back to where you blow the rocks out of the way. Well, my sanity was low, and I saw a monster right there where the rocks get blown up. I don't think he saw me, but I wasn't sure how aware he was of my presence. I passed out/collapsed to the floor from sanity loss. It might have been before he noticed me. Instead of mauling me, the monster walked around me and then moved out of view, and I couldn't see him even when I tried. Until I regained control of my body, it sounded like he was just waiting for me to rise so he could finish me off. When I came to, he had moved on. The whole time, my hairs were totally goosebumped, and I was awash with dread. At a certain moment, I felt a morbid curiosity that I imagine isn't far removed from the same morbid curiosity I might feel before being mauled by, say, a tiger.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2012, 06:41 AM by hawgdriver.)
01-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Find
Legacy7 Offline

Threads: 0

For me, the scariest moment in the game was during the Storage part. I already knew what was ahead of me, since a walkthrough of the game is how I got introduced to it in the first place, but I was still pretty anxious and scared.

Feeling pretty safe after having picked up all the drill bits, I slowly started backtracking toward the exit when I reached the area where you get rid of the cave-in when the monster groaned. I panicked, since I hadn't expected him at all, so I ran forward thinking the monster was behind me. He wasn't, and I ended up running right into him, which scared me to the point that I had to pause the game for a minute and compose myself. After that, I unpaused it and tried to hide behind a countertop, but he ended up killing me anyway. The thing is, though, as soon as I saw him, I kind of knew that I was going to die anyway, though I should have just ran past him.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012, 06:49 AM by Legacy7.)
02-25-2012, 05:51 AM
Find
HeartCore Offline

I usually manage to handle tension quite well because I start singing and talking to myself. And the stress I feel passes even though sometimes I can't take it anymore and just close my eyes and run like a retard in the darkness.

I'm really sensible at jump scares though, and the moment that made me shit bricks was the iron maiden one, I totally didn't expect that one and fell with my chair on my cat. She hissed at me and I got even more scared. Imagine that, double heart attack.

And yes, I did go into the maiden, and well, curiosity killed the cat.
02-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Worst scare for me would have to be when I was in the Prison. I walked down the hallway where brute scare happens. Now, since I didn't know the engine at that time, I turned and ran like crazy. Bolted up the stairs into the face of a grunt. Yelped, spun around and ran for my life.
After making some turns and such, I believed myself to be safe. I left my lantern on like a fool, so the grunt was actually right behind me the entire time. Thinking I was safe, I turned around and the grunt's face filled my screen. I had the game shut down in less than five seconds.

02-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Find
Vammatar Offline

Well, there were many MANY scariest parts on my first play through! But one in particular stands out:

I played through with a group of friends, but we were all really scared because we got extremely immersed. We'd just majorly freaked out at the storage bit and the elevator collapsing, and then we entered the prison. I wasn't even playing at this point, but my friend went up those stairs and that Gatherer appeared and we paused the game with fear. We made an ingenious plan: run away. We thought we'd got away when we hid in a corner, but my friend who was playing turned around and it was right behind him. We all screamed, and I got cramp in my leg. Save and exit.

Yep, the horror of Amnesia manifested itself as real life pain. Now that's immersion.
02-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Think the worse moment for me was in the kitchen with the acid. Left the kitchen, thinking it was safe, turned the corner and a grunt was just waiting for me, in panic I ran back and hid with the hanging pigs. Results weren't great :/

The other time was when the game just came out, might have been a bug, but it was the third or forth time you find a grunt. After you get some items from a room next to this fire orb thing. It was before you make the explosives. Anyway, we were being chased by a monster, got cornered at a dead end next to a candle, and the grunt kinda got stuck walking down the stairs. Was really slow, then suddenly it just flew in front of us. Me and my mate jumped out of our skin and didn't play the game for weeks Tongue

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Find
Mega Derp Man Offline

I have 3 scary crap in your pants moments to share here.

1. Finishing the vaccine on the Morgue level then approaching the door where the brute breaks into the room

2. Pewdiepie's nightmare custom story ("troll lever" that triggers the grunt to appear behind you part)

3. Justine DLC where im about to finish up the chase part with Malo when i turn around and he's right there.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012, 01:28 AM by Mega Derp Man.)
03-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Find
TheDarkDescent Offline

Threads: 1

The scariest moment in Amnesia was in the Prison. I walked into a small room, and I read a letter. When I was done reading the letter, I hear this chase music. So I paniced and I thought he would find me so I ran into the opposite room. I thought I was safe, and when I turn around there's a grunt right there. I screamed like a girl and accidentally turned my computer off. D: Actually, I always scream like a girl in Amnesia.
03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Find
Thefamemaster Offline

Threads: 3

Recently, I was replaying the game, and since I haven't played it in a while i'd forgotten about the shitty in your pants parts, i was in the storage room (not an extremely scary part) and i had just walked in and was like "Oh better use all my tinders on these candles" *worst idea ever* just as I'm about to light the final candle, i hear something and don't realize that its a grunt and start moving towards it..out comes this grunt just walking towards me..out comes another..and another..and another..three guns are slowly moving towards me, and I'm screaming like a little girl..i literally force quitted the game and did not sleep for 2 nights..

I miss this game :']

btw posters, if you have created any maps, please post download links!
03-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Find
Kaizy Offline

Scariest part for me was a part in the Sewer at the part where you have to distract the Brute by throwing something in the water. Well, I had messed up the first time, and instead of creating a distraction for me to run by him with, he had just moved closer to where I was, so I panicked and ran back to the room up the stairs. Apparently running in water attracts him too, but I didn't know. I went in there to pick up an arm to use as another distraction, not noticing the sound of him walking down the path towards the room where I was. So, I pick up the arm, and turn to go running down the stairs, and the minute I reach the top of the stairs, he turns the corner and spots me, and I screamed "Holy shit!" and ran back into the room (terrible idea) and hid in the back room which was a dead end, thinking I would be safe...and at that moment, he runs into the room, runs right up to me, I screamed like a little girl, and he killed me.

If you're interested, I have the video on my Livestream
It started around 1:39:08
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy/video?cl...c7c87c51da

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2012, 01:38 AM by Kaizy.)
03-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Find