Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Scariest Crap In You Pants Moments
smapho123 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Scariest Crap In You Pants Moments

The scariest part for me was actually in Justine in the dungeons area. After the monster broke into the second room, I ran and hid in the room I found the cog in. I jumped up on the desk so that I wouldn't make noises splashing around. I tried to jump on the bricks, but I missed. The monster started saying things like "I hear you" and broke down the door. I jumped over him and ran past him, literally whimpering. I made it into the third room and closed the door. I didn't even bother saving the third guy because I was too scared.

Death is the final unknown.
06-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Find
IceLemon Offline

Threads: 4

below stories all happened in 'prison',

the monster found me while i was wandering around, the nearest room had a lighted candle in it, i had no choice but to ran inside and hid in a corner and pray. he kicked the door in and found me. so i had to sprint pass him and ran across the long hallway into a dark room. he kicked in again but he didnt find me this time.

i was in the room with the acid. after picking up the oil beside the fire, the monster kicked the door in. I hid in the other end of the room beside the shelf close to the acid. Usually, the monster would only enter half of the room. But this time, he went right in front of the acid !!!
the room was bright as hell and i was like 'im so fucking dead, im so dead.' but he did a 360 dance and left ....

06-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Find
Fortelegy Offline

Threads: 0

I was in hiding inside one of the rooms from the main food storage area. A monster was lurking outside and actually broke down the door. I was cowering alongside the same wall as the door behind a book case and hoping it didn't see me. Well, it went back to patrolling and wouldn't go away for some reason. I figured I would create a wall of barrels inside the room and lure it towards me so I could out maneuver the horror, escape through the door, and make a run for it. Well, while constructing the wall, I knocked over some barrels. That made a little too much noise...and the monster came flying around the corner and killed me.

06-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Find
LoveBlaze Offline

Threads: 2

The scariest moment for me was in the prison right after you grabbed that glass jar for the acid you needed and walked up the stairs, when that Grunt growls and comes hunting. I forgot I was using earbuds and they made it sound like it was RIGHT next to me in that hallway, waiting for me or something.

It was a bad moment for me and my boyfriend who wasn't even playing, but reading a book behind me innocently, since I made a sound between 3 different curse words and "BLAAAHHH"

"THERE IT IS! RUN!"
"NO I WAS GOING TO STOP FOR A CUP OF TEA WITH IT!"
06-26-2011, 04:57 AM
Find
awsh Offline

Threads: 3

I have a video of one of my worst scares. A bad part is at around 6:30 in the video, and the epic freakout is at 7:25. This is all in the archives in the beginning of the game... =( But ya. I was playing with my nextdoor neighbor, and we make a very annoying pair, so if you would please excuse our stupidity and just laugh at us freaking out, it would be much obliged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bdYa9pm0...ideo_title

You just lost the game.
06-29-2011, 05:04 AM
Website Find
Evai Offline

Any of the parts with water lurkers Sad
06-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Find
Fiddlesticks Offline

I only made a high noise once in the game. It was when something didn't go as planned.

In the sewer part when there's a monster with a split head and a cleaver arm is guarding a door from a distance, I tossed a rock to lure the monster and ran around the metal box and to the door. When I was about 2-3 meters away from the door, the "detected by monster" sound started and I thought it was a monster behind the door. I took a few steps back and thought "Why isn't he bashing the door?". The ringing noise kept playing and then I thought "I run back now, just to be sure.". When I turn around, the split head, cleaver monster was 2 centimeter from my face and I made a sound like this(It was a bit high-pitched compared to my voice): "Uuhuhuu!"

Another scary part was in the Prison.

I was looking for the sewer entrance and came to the door where you have to pour acid on the lock. I didn't have any acid but it still triggered the monster spawn. I extinguished my lantern, crouched and hugged the wall next to the door. The monster walked to the door and stoped 2 meters away and just stood there. After 5 minutes I thought "Why is he still standing there? Go away!". I tried to sneak past him by hugging the wall and walk slowly but that didn't work well. He attacked me and the screen went all red. He chased me through more than half of the prison until I hid in a cell corner.
07-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Find
Cataclysm Offline

Threads: 3

Scariest part for me was the storage room in the Back hall. When you go in and see the only lighting is those candles, and as you reach the drill bit the grunt comes from no where. All I saw was a silhouetted monster, and in attempt to hide I dropped box upon box in stacks of 2 in front of me while in a corner. Of course, I would have escaped except one of the damn boxes fell and the Grunt turned and bashed me to death in the corner. I stopped playing for like 3 days after that.

If guns don't kill people, People kill people. Then toasters don't toast toast, Toast toast toast

[Image: 2b5wu9.png]

07-08-2011, 04:17 AM
Find
ChoskarChulian Offline

Threads: 8

(12-09-2010, 05:08 AM)Bek Wrote: Easily the water lurker. Can't remember its proper name...

"Lurky". Big Grin

Also for me, the part in the Storage after you blew up the Rocks, you enter this weirdly lit up room, creep around, scared.
...Slowly walk to that door in the middle open it and "GROOOAR".
I closed it and was like "Oh shit oh shit oh shit...FUCKFUCK"...

I didn´t knew where to hide, too, I just hid on some stairs leading to the "torch" room with the chains in it (the one that suddenly lits up).
So I waited on those stairs...Nothing happened.
Slowly...SLOOOOOWLY went Back to the door...Came closer and closer...Almost ther-BAM!...I got so shocked, jumped backwards going "WAAAAAHH"...

Fucking Monster slammed on the Door. I ran away to the torch room going "GAHH WAEE" when it lit up, yet kept running...And running...

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011, 11:26 PM by ChoskarChulian.)
07-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Website Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

My biggest "crap my pants" moment has to be in the choir. I just got through the bull room and there was one more torture room to go (The Iron Maiden). As I'm walking down the huge main room (I crouch walk and lantern off, there is enough light to keep from going insane) I hear a brute roar. My initial instinct is to run backwards and I do. But, the scary part was the brute WAS behind me the whole time. I didn't realize that and I cowered behind a pillar. Then, the metal noises of the brute were literally right next to me and the brute was at the other side of the pillar I was hiding at. I just sat there crouched and motionless; The brute even walked past me while straight in front of me, I still have no idea how he didn't see me.

Afterwords, when he was a decent distance away, I stealthy crouch walk away from him wondering how I lived.

Insanity. Static.
07-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Find