Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19
RE: Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)

Please, guys...

Make sure your maps don't bleed into original Amnesia and when creating your exit door or exit functions that returns to HUB refer to a map:

00_rainy_hall_HUB.map

So far, it's looking great, Mudbill's dildos, some of your maps... Everything works. =)

Also, people have been asking so... I received:
- Amnesia Mix Song (implemented)
- Machine Room by Daniel47 (implemented)
- Mudbill's toys (implemented)
- Umbakarna's map (implemented)
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 03:18 PM by Spelos.)
09-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32

in case you might not see my question.. how to implement anniversary points script-wise? so that you will not have to edit anything about it when i upload the map. what i need: the global variable name and the effect/text/anything that shows up when you get some Smile i know it's optional but it's not hard to implement and i have a few bonus things in the map that might give some

09-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

@KiraImmortal - Anniversary points are implemented as follows:
PHP Code: (Select All)
AddGlobalVarInt("AnniversaryPoints"1); 
// Where "1" is the amount. 

LARGE UPDATE!
BANNERS!
[Image: yP0d3cV.jpg]

You can include a Banner texture with your map to have a banner above your creation.

HOW TO INCLUDE A BANNER IMAGE:
1) Edit the original texture: HERE
or download a Photoshop/GIMP save file HERE.

2) Include the image in your mod as "banner_[yourName]" (banner_spelos.png etc.).

3) Upload your creation or just the banner (make sure it includes your name) to the DROPBOX FILE REQUEST.

PS: Edit only the long banner on the lower right. The version on top won't be used. Also, don't crop the texture!
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 05:16 PM by Spelos.)
09-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32

wonderful idea! already made mine. so that's all for the points, no indication for the player when getting some? like message/memento anything?

how much anniversary points you get for completing a level? just to have an example of how much i should give in the map for an event. i will be making a doc file for you to make implementing my things easier, also mentioning where and how much points i give to the player.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 08:35 PM by KiraImmortal.)
09-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

@KiraImmortal Generally, +10 points for completing a map. And some maps already give like 1 for secret so... A good benchmark is:

Mudbill's dildo costs 5 points and can pop balloons.
But Budbill's fapbook costs 500 points (and probably won't be bought by anyone xD)

The economy is very all over the place.
09-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

Hey Spelos, I am very interested in knowing how my Amnesia remix is going to be placed. Since it was remixing the Amnesia menu music I think it would be good for credits or something along those lines.
09-06-2016, 09:18 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

@TheDoctorPoo Your mix can be bought in the shop and played on the local phonograph. =)
09-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

How much points would it be? Should I design a vinyl image?
09-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

UPDATE - 2 MAPS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS:

- @FrictionalDaily
Your map starts behind the slime wall therefore you cannot move anywhere and are forced to continue through the level door leaving your map. The level door also leads to original Amnesia. That cannot happen.

When/If you fix it, include some way to get into 00_rainy_hall_HUB.map & make sure the PlayerStartArea_1 the only spawn area in your map.

When re-uploading, include _FIX_01 in your filename.

- @Daemain
You sent multiple maps but haven't specified which one is the beginning and which one returns you to the HUB level (if any). Please specify the first one, connect them (if not already) and reupload if needed.

Other than that, everything is implemented.
09-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Idea for something you can add to the shop:

A toy Grunt.

I remember making one once, but it was extremely simple. Import the Grunt model, add boundary box, and save as Object Grab. You can resize it and make it a tiny Grunt, with Organic splat sounds when you throw it around and bounce it off walls : D

09-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Find