Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19
Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)

How to participate
1. Pick a map from the original Amnesia

2. Mod it to your liking
Adding new details, puzzles, or even new stories. The more creative, the better. There are no limits.

3. Name your files
Make sure your extra_english lang entries have your name included in them to prevent duplicates. The same applies for any of your custom object and the map itself should have your name as a suffix. e.g. 04_archives_Daniel47, 04_archives_Mudbill...

4. Submit to the compilation
You can submit your map by packing it in a usual Custom Story structure and compressing it in either (.rar, .zip or .7zip) and upload it via

DROPBOX FILE REQUEST
(You do NOT need a Dropbox account to do this)

The Deadline is September 7th.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 09:11 AM by Spelos.)
08-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)

Great idea. I think we should do something in that direction.
08-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Looks awesome. I believe that doing maps that don't really correspond with each other would be the easiest way, especially that we don't have much time.

Or...

There's an idea that has been bouncing around my head for a long time.
An Amnesia Redux centered around this question:
How did Daniel get out from Orb chamber to the surface of the castle ?

I admit, it would be a hell lot of work. Of course we could disable a lot of locations, but clearing the ones that are left and rearranging them in opposite order still might take too long. What you guys think?

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2016, 03:05 PM by Darkfire.)
08-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

I know what you mean, sounds fun!
But as you mentioned, that would take quite some time. Unless there's enough people. There are 29 maps in Amnesia, sure, we might cut some of them out, like Morgue or Cisterns.

It's an interesting idea, though I think coming up with and developing the content might be too much of a work and less of a celebration.

I would personally rather alter and enhance the current Amnesia level, rather than reverse and re-think the gameplay of it. PLUS if we decide to enhance Amnesia's base game you could indeed have your level in reverse to make it interesting.

But I don't know. It's a community project, so let's hear everyone out. So far, thanks for even responding!
08-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

(08-12-2016, 03:05 PM)Darkfire Wrote: There's an idea that has been bouncing around my head for a long time.

I could model an elevator, pass it to you while you script the switch which will take Daniel to the surface. Elevator could be somewere hidden in Orb chamber which we could alter and enhance as Spelos said.
Just an idea.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2016, 03:50 PM by Radiance.)
08-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Well I had an idea in mind about "remastering" Amnesia; redoing the lighting, improving the textures and normalmaps, updating the inventory, changing fonts, etc. I think this would be potentially a cool 6th anniversary community project.
08-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

(08-12-2016, 03:50 PM)brus Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 03:05 PM)Darkfire Wrote: There's an idea that has been bouncing around my head for a long time.

I could model an elevator, pass it to you while you script the switch which will take Daniel to the surface. Elevator could be somewere hidden in Orb chamber which we could alter and enhance as Spelos said.
Just an idea.
That's the easy way; the problem is that the elevator got broken when Daniel used it. You guys are right (that this project would be too big), so we should probably think of smth else unless we gather 30 people.

08-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

What about we each pick our favorite Amnesia part and edit that to our likings, adding new features, re-making lights and so on... That way we wouldn't have to work on that much content or assign maps to people.
08-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(08-12-2016, 04:17 PM)Spelos Wrote: What about we each pick our favorite Amnesia part and edit that to our likings, adding new features, re-making lights and so on... That way we wouldn't have to work on that much content or assign maps to people.

I could go with some chapter1 levels such as the archives.
08-12-2016, 04:33 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Yea, I mean, even if there were two people remaking the same map, that wouldn't be a problem.

The file system could be something like:
03_archives_Slanderous
03_archives_Spelos
etc.

I actually think it would be interesting to see how different people would alter the same thing. PLUS some people might even add new rooms, adjust some puzzle or even add new ones so the experience would still be unique.

I think it would be nice to create a HUB map (or chose one from Amnesia), that would lead to all the user re-created ones. That way it could show you which ones you completed and you can choose if you want to see another archive level or if you'll try something new.

Moreover, something special might happen when you play all of them. Probably confetti, we gotta have confetti.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2016, 04:41 PM by Spelos.)
08-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Find