Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)
LostMyMind Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)

(08-19-2016, 08:54 AM)Spelos Wrote: Alright buddy, first of all here's a little something that should calm you down:
[Image: amnesia_grunt_hug_me_by_duckyseeyou-d6h0viw.png]

Second of all:
You are not bad. You are here and are a part of the community! If mapping or level design isn't the thing you love about Amnesia modding, there are going to be more "jobs". I haven't announced it, yet. Since I need to write a whole guide on submitting maps and projects.

Other jobs might include:
- The fun "HUB" events concepts
coming up with things that the player might want to do in the hub level that might be fun. Sure, we are decorating it, but if having a hot-tub in rainy hall sounds fun, let's make it happen.

- Scripting "HUB" events
- Creating original music
- Sorting submissions
- Designing ModDB page (HTML work)
etc.

Just say what you think would be cool and I might add it.

First of all DAMN THE SPEECH HIT ME HARDDD A: is this like a reskin or a edited version? B: im pretty good at concept sketches so maybe i could fit in there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
08-19-2016, 09:16 AM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

There are already some moders who completely re-think the maps they chose and have an interesting twist to it. Some are funny, some are serious. It's your choice. If you decide to just re-do the atmosphere, that's fine. It's your version of the map and you have complete power over it.

Let the moders mod, that's what I say. xD

Sure, some concepts might be needed, keep an out for the next website update (will be announced here) [should be in the next couple of days]. There will be a lot explained about the project.
08-19-2016, 09:22 AM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32

oh also something i forgot to say xD if in the end if you'd need help with making this a full conversion or something, i'm glad to do so, i'm kinda experienced with creating fc mods of all kinds.

i believe we have more possibilities in an fc, and people would be able to add custom sanity events, etc.
also there is a possibility in there that every level we make can be played as a separate custom story only available in the fc mod, but i'm of course absolutely fine with the hub level version, just throwing out ideas in here.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 11:24 AM by KiraImmortal.)
08-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

I appreciate every idea! If it weren't for the strange issues with Full Conversions lately, I would not hesitate for a second. But given there are still Steam init issues, I'd much rather stick to Custom Story format for now.

Sure, FCs work for most people, but some still have troubles. I'd rather play it safe, especially with a deadline.

But thanks for the suggestion. Who knows, maybe it will change.
08-19-2016, 11:31 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Another logistics thing. Make a copy of the original .lang file and put it in the mod's directory, just be sure to have your own entries in some other file as well (easier to compile later)

We should probably also delete between-levels mementos.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 12:21 PM by Darkfire.)
08-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Find
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16

(08-19-2016, 07:17 AM)Spelos Wrote: More information will be on the website (http://amnesiachallenge.comxa.com/) as well as here.

There is no Skype group and we actually do not share files between one another.

You just pick a map from original Amnesia, copy it, mod it, and then (most likely) submit it on the website or send it via e-mail. I'll then gather and compile it. (and yes, include .hps and extra_english.lang files) but more on that later.

Alright thanks. I'll look at what maps I can mod and will announce here what I've selected.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016, 03:17 AM by DanielRand47.)
08-19-2016, 02:52 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

(08-19-2016, 11:31 AM)Spelos Wrote: Sure, FCs work for most people, but some still have troubles. I'd rather play it safe, especially with a deadline.

I have worked with these issues for a while now so I'm pretty sure I've figured out all that is wrong and how to fix it.

For retail you use normal batch files as usual.
For Steam copies, you use a different batch file, which instead calls
start steam://rungameid/57300//your_mod%%2Fconfig%%2Fmain_init.cfg

It's not any worse than that, really, it's just that people are too used to using the retail batch file for Steam. But if the "Start_Steam.bat" file were present next to say "Start_Retail.bat", they'd use that instead.

Of course IFCs are still objectively more advanced than CSs, so point might still stand.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 04:39 PM by Mudbill.)
08-19-2016, 04:38 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

If we make it FC, we increase the modding possibilities. The first things that comes to my mind are the shadows-enabled lantern, new gui, stamina system, and thousand others. So it's a big step and it requires more administration because some mods replace each other and other issues. maybe keeping it simple it´s for the best.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016, 12:35 AM by Daemian.)
08-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

I can recreate the choir room if that is OK? I want to make it jokey, ya know?
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 08:21 PM by A.M Team.)
08-19-2016, 08:06 PM
Find
LostMyMind Offline

Threads: 1

can i re make the back hall? also is there a good place to learn the editor?
08-20-2016, 02:27 AM
Find