Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)

The best way to learn the editor is to experiment. Look at some of FG's maps and see if you can recreate some of their clever techniques. You can also look at how others have created maps. Perhaps look at the Many Hands community project, which contains various maps from some of the modders here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-many-hands...ds-project

Check out that new Poll at the top of the page :3

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2016, 09:49 AM by Romulator.)
08-20-2016, 02:47 AM
Find
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16

I know I mentioned this in another post but have moved it to this one. I choose to mod the machine room.
08-20-2016, 03:19 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Guys, there's no need to claim maps. You can mod any Amnesia DD map you want, there can be more than one version in this mod.

Also, I'm not too sure about making this a FC. First, we have less than a month. Second, if someone makes a full conversion feature it will go over to everyone else's projects as well. Third, people have problems opening FCs, even though it isn't that hard.
Although I admit, it would be cool to have our own menu with smth like "Amnesia: the 6th Anniversary"

Just to be clear, I'm not strongly opposing a Full Conversion, I'm just concerned if it would make sense and if we have time to make it work properly.

08-20-2016, 02:33 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

Guys (and gals),
I like that you are active and creative with your suggestions and I appreciate every single response. It shows me that there is a potential for greatness. I can see that you guys want to create and be a part of something great.
As much as I’d absolutely love for this project to be 100% community driven, there must be some management.

You see, there were times, where games didn’t have mod support. Where clever people that were interested in game development went in and reverse-engineered their own level-editors.

Those times are now gone and we live in a time where developers start to understand the importance and strength of moding. People get hired thanks to their mod creations, new indie companies are being formed completely out of mod developers.

Now, there is a single key attribute that makes a mod developer.
And it’s creativity.
The ability to use what you have. To create from nothing, to remix known into never seen before.

A Moder can create an elephant out of cockroach AI script.

A Moder doesn’t see impossibilities, they see problems that need solutions.

A Moder doesn’t need expensive software, they need a few Google searches and a notepad.

A Moder doesn’t need support, they need COMMUNITY.

YOU ARE A MODER!

Now get back into the Level Editor. Create out of nothing, innovate, experiment,
Do the thing you LOVE and LOVE the thing you do.
Put yourself into your work.

You don’t need fancy menus and lantern shadows to make your map great.

The only thing you truly need is what you already have.

You cannot effort to throw this opportunity away. Two and a half weeks are not enough time.
So please please PLEASE, do the things that matter.
08-20-2016, 03:50 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Your speech needs only one more thing.

08-20-2016, 05:00 PM
Find
André Campana Offline

Threads: 10

Am i too late for the party? My good friend Umbakarna notified me of this event. I can't refuse Smile I love this game just too much too let this get away.

[Image: WLYgWF]
08-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Nah, you're still welcome to help out. Just submit whatever you've done to Spelos before the anniversary date. Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
08-24-2016, 08:03 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

How's the hub level going? Is any work done on that? Confetti particles? Fun stuff? I'm guessing there will be a party in the Rainy Hall. But are you sure the Back Hall wouldn't fit better as the hub? It also has loads of space, and IMO is much more memorable.

I'll see if I can spread the word a bit. Maybe we can get some custom party music for the hub level.

Btw I have some custom models that we could include just for fun but... how explicit can we get? : D

ALSO.... I just had an idea.

Why don't we make this a mod... AND a custom story... in the same package?
It'll be a normal folder placed in the custom_stories directory, which can be started as a CS for those who wish to do that, but also includes a config folder and all supported files to make it run as a mod from the same location. That way it would have the same installation procedure, but run at the level which the player chooses to do. For the mod we could include custom menus and other minor details, but nothing critical that wouldn't work in a CS.
How about it? I could even make a custom Modloader for it to launch this mod specifically.

/custom_stories/6th_anniversary/config/main_init.cfg
/custom_stories/6th_anniversary/custom_story_settings.cfg

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2016, 09:37 AM by Mudbill.)
08-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

Well, more information about the HUB level is coming really soon, but the key feature of it is, that the main gate will open in an epic cinematic as soon as you finish all of the maps.

Now Back Hall lacks that gate. I know there's an elevator, but that wouldn't work as well as grand gate opening.

Sure, we could mod one in there. The problem is that the map is already well balanced and symmetrical, the gate would look very odd.

But sure, I'll try to think of something.
As I said, there are still some larger structures and APIs I'd like to put down first.
08-24-2016, 09:33 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Alright. I suppose there are no plans on perhaps connecting these 2 hub levels into 1 larger one? I guess that could be an idea if there are enough maps submitted so that we need more door space (unless we're adding artificial ones of course). It would be easily possible to make the elevator work independently, so that we could use multiple floors too. Perhaps even an upwards tower?
I agree the big gate of the Rainy Hall would be the best ending.

Also, did you see my last comment's edit?

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2016, 09:48 AM by Mudbill.)
08-24-2016, 09:45 AM
Find