Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)

(08-12-2016, 04:40 PM)Spelos Wrote: Yea, I mean, even if there were two people remaking the same map, that wouldn't be a problem.

The file system could be something like:
03_archives_Slanderous
03_archives_Spelos
etc.

I actually think it would be interesting to see how different people would alter the same thing. PLUS some people might even add new rooms, adjust some puzzle or even add new ones so the experience would still be unique.

I think it would be nice to create a HUB map (or chose one from Amnesia), that would lead to all the user re-created ones. That way it could show you which ones you completed and you can choose if you want to see another archive level or if you'll try something new.

Moreover, something special might happen when you play all of them. Probably confetti, we gotta have confetti.

I can imagine having the HUB level with various doors leading to different user re-created levels, like you point over a level door and it says "Archives remake by Slanderous", but next to it stands another door that says "Archives remake by Spelos". That way, everyone can edit whatever they please without worrying about fusing the levels together later on.
08-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

(08-12-2016, 04:43 PM)Slanderous Wrote: I can imagine having the HUB level with various doors leading to different user re-created levels, like you point over a level door and it says "Archives remake by Slanderous", but next to it stands another door that says "Archives remake by Spelos". That way, everyone can edit whatever they please without worrying about fusing the levels together later on.

Exactly, if we wanted to be super fancy, we could accompany it with the user's avatar or some kind of visual label they choose, since it's not a problem to create a textured plane.

Also, if a user decides to create a custom content, the same naming structure would apply, since there is a possibility of two people naming the same custom object or even importing the same one. So if someone has a custom entity, they can either:
- Create a subdirectory with their name in the entities folder
Amnesia/custom_stories/anniversary_compilation/entities/Spelos/..[my entities here]

or add their name into the entity's prefix (or suffix).

I'm actually starting to like the idea of us recreating the maps we like.
It doesn't force anyone to do anything they don't like.
It doesn't enforce a theme. I mean you can make it humorous or super dark if you want.
And it also doesn't force anyone to come up with a story.

But I'm still very open to ANY idea anyone might have. Even if it's super stupid! It's a community project.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2016, 04:57 PM by Spelos.)
08-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

I made a bonus level with badass lounge music and disco lighting, that might do the trick (along with confetii particels ofc).

As long as it's not modelling, drawing textures and altering tough original scripts I'm in. So pretty much it leaves adding new scripts, changing maps in level editor and working with .lang

Btw. If we wanted to alter the .lang file we should probably have some kind of server. Or maybe just scribble down our additions and then put them all in.

08-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

(08-12-2016, 05:01 PM)Darkfire Wrote: As long as it's not modelling, drawing textures and altering tough original scripts I'm in.

That is up to the mod developer how deep they want to go with their edits.
If you're a total beginner and just want to play around with the layout in the level editor, it's completely fine!
(and I'm not saying you, Darkfire, are a beginner, that's generally speaking)

But sure, if someone really want's to implement some interesting twists or thinks that they can improve a texture or add one of their own, that's completely fine.

The only real limitation would most likely be that it has to be a custom story. So no Full Conversion support.
Here's an interesting idea:
How about we agree on a GlobalVariable, something like "AnniversaryPoints". That you can of course add with

PHP Code: (Select All)
AddGlobalVarInt("AnniversaryPoints"99);
//Where 99 is the amount 

(just like usual Global variables)
and you could add those for puzzles, or whatever you have in your map. As a reward for secrets etc...

But you would also gain points for playing through a map.
And you would be able to buy things in the HUB map. Those could be some things referencing existing mods, things in our community.

The implementation is quite easy and it's of course optional.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2016, 05:14 PM by Spelos.)
08-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Seems cool. But what kinds of items could it be ? We would probably reference only our own mods and ones that are extremally popular (White Night for example). Also we could do smth like in Assassins Creed- When you buy something, it appears in the hub (not every item is pick-up-able)

08-12-2016, 07:40 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Yes, perhaps some fun features that doesn't really matter, like a color of something or a key to some secret location...
08-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Perhaps we could setup a Skype confab for the project?
08-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

I think we need more manpower before we start

08-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Yep, we need to gather the community a little better.
If you know of someone, who does Amnesia but might not be as active on the forums, contact them. Ask them what they think of this.

I guess sharing this in some other groups like ModDB Amnesia group would be nice, too.
Alright, I made a quick website that you can find
HERE

and you can send it to anyone who might be interested. It basically contains information about everything we've agreed on. Just so they don't have to read through all this thread.
08-13-2016, 07:10 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I'm liking the initiative here! I might just join if I come up with a good idea.

08-13-2016, 04:14 PM
Find