Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your Amnesia Gaming setup?
dragonmaster Offline

Threads: 17
Your Amnesia Gaming setup?

Hey all!
Figured I'd start this post so we could share what setups we had to get the best experience playing Amnesia, in hopes of finding other setups to try for playing other horror games as well.

Mine was pretty much making my room pitch black, cover the windows with tinfoil, fill the cracks beneath the door with clothes, cover up any lights from the computer. Played on full screen 1600X1200, tried to go for a very dark brightness, though I had to increase the brightness as it became less of a horror factor, and more of an inconvenience.
With Bose noise cancellation headphones, it was awesome!

So the question here is; What was your setup for playing Amnesia?

I like horror games but not the ones that give u nightmares :P
But i like the ones that give you an urge to open every door and drawer that you see for a month :D
10-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Your Amnesia Gaming setup?

Well, you didn't post yours...

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Find
dragonmaster Offline

Threads: 17

(10-31-2010, 09:58 AM)Kein Wrote: Well, you didn't post yours...

Quote:Mine was pretty much making my room pitch black, cover the windows with tinfoil, fill the cracks beneath the door with clothes, cover up any lights from the computer. Played on full screen 1600X1200, tried to go for a very dark brightness, though I had to increase the brightness as it became less of a horror factor, and more of an inconvenience.
With Bose noise cancellation headphones, it was awesome!

More the setup of how we got the best experience playing Amnesia. Not so much the computer itself. Though if you are interested, Mac Pro 8X 2.26, 21" Wacom Cintiq Display Tablet, ATI 5970, Windows Vista 32 bit.

I like horror games but not the ones that give u nightmares :P
But i like the ones that give you an urge to open every door and drawer that you see for a month :D
10-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Find
bajatar Offline

Threads: 0

1. Only play when I'm in the mood, so I won't waste the experience. Which is why I haven't yet gotten around to play Amnesia. I guess it's the same as with the Penumbra series though.
  2. Turn up the bass and volume of my stereo a bit.
  3. Dark room with a single candle; faint flickering light but out of view so it doesn't distract.
  4. Burn some incense; nothing too strong or sweet.
10-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Find
Nevyn Offline

Threads: 2

I also like to play when I have time and know I won't be bothered. Amnesia is such a gem so its a shame to waste in anyway and make the most of it. I like playing with headphones rather then speakers and of course a very dark screen. My videocard can't handle the highest settings so I hade to chose between high resolution or ssao. In the end i turned off ssao and run with 1680x1050 because I really couldn't see much (any?) difference with ssao on/off.
10-31-2010, 11:51 AM
Find
Perfectionist Offline

Regarding computer, first graphics were set to full but ssao resolution set to medium.

I wouldn't start playing until it got dark (not only for scare factor but i hate sun glare). Always play games with my wireless headphones, i love to be able to track where things are coming from. Lights off, a brew and cig near by (got to quit that habit though, if i am too engrossed ash ends up falling on my carpet anyway) and thats it, i am in the developers minds.
10-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

I tried playing in the total dark, but I couldn't see the keyboard so I had a small lamp. I only played between midnight and dawn, for as long as I could handle. Of course, only alone.
11-01-2010, 04:37 AM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

Just me and my laptop with headphones on ...

kinda like this , but then in the dark on my bed with headphones on :

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/20k68gp/7

oh yeah AND ...

POM set to 1 Wink for more realistic textures ...

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...age-1.html

?
11-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Website Find
FetusZero Offline

Threads: 0

Making sure to turn off all of my lights was my first step. Then I played a bit and adjusted the brightness according to the recommendation in the game, which I found to be.. rather very dark. Didn't have to cover the windows as I played mostly at night.

Put on my A40's and played the game until I couldn't anymore.

Played in 5760x1080 and the game works even better than most games listed on AMD's Eyefinity Validated/Ready games, especially in the menus department. AMD should add Amnesia to that list.

(11-01-2010, 04:37 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I tried playing in the total dark, but I couldn't see the keyboard so I had a small lamp.

That's one of the only games where I finally enjoyed having keys with LEDs for utility rather than just for the look and personal satisfaction.
11-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

Threads: 4

My set-up: Razer Lycosa keyboard (blue keys, they light up Big Grin), Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset, Razer Copperhead gaming mouse, LG Flatron W2442PA 24' 1920x1080, GPU: Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X 1GB @870 MHz
And I make sure my room is dark, of course.

11-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Find