Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia lags in the launcher and game menu
Dave91 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia lags in the launcher and game menu

Hi i have problem. When i execute Amnesia.exe i get to the launcher.. but in the launcher it lags like hell and even in the game menu. I could create a profile but couldn't choose it because of the massive lag.
Everytime i move the mouse it freezes for 1-2 sec (but when i touch nothing, nothing lags everything runs perfectly smooth, no frame drop or anything) and then the same over again when i move it. I tried to press Enter to choose the profile but then it lags again for 1-2 sec and i am still in the profile selection menu.

I have tried turning everything off, put everything on the lowest settings, turned off everything in the launcher who can cause performance issues. but still the same lag when i move the mouse or anything.

Really need help with this, because i'm dying to play it. From what i saw on youtube this has to be the scariest game of all time, awesome work Frictional Games! And its nice to know that you guys are swedish, like me Wink he-he.

And yeah my specs are:

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6600 @ 3.06Ghz - 3.07Ghz
RAM: 4.00GB
Windows 7, 64bit
ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series (updated drivers to the latest one)

I can run crysis pretty smooth on high settings, and can run COD:MW2 perfectly smooth on highest settings.
So it must be a problem with the game supporting ATI cards i guess?
Or is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!
11-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia lags in the launcher and game menu

I have ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2, and it works without any problems with this card so it should work with you as well.

Have you also updated your game?

11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Website Find
Dave91 Offline

(11-03-2010, 03:43 PM)Scraper Wrote: I have ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2, and it works without any problems with this card so it should work with you as well.

Have you also updated your game?

Yes i have updated the game to the latest update. Grabbed it here from frictionalgames.com's site.
I've tried everything i could possible to figure out. Read the technical support and everything but it doesn't say anything about my problem so i don't know actually which is pretty sad Sad
11-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Find
Dave91 Offline

If this helps i've attached a photo and the hpl.log

I have my mousecursor on "low" tab and it took 1-2 sec for it to change the blue marker to it instead of high.
[Image: 243rn93.jpg]

And as you can see it should run PERFECTLY on my computer
[Image: 30c58w2.jpg]
Oh yeah i noticed one more thing... Everytime the launcher is up or the game is.. When i move the mouse the "lamp" on the computer that shows its working (when you load something) next to the "lamp" that shows the computer is on (don't know the names for it) sounds and flickers as hell like i have 200 things in the background working at the same time. Its really weird.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2010, 05:48 PM by Dave91.)
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Find
Dave91 Offline

No one that can help? Sad
11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Find
Dave91 Offline

NEVERMIND! Big Grin i fixed it! I was thinking... there must be something else running in the background that disturbs it... i opened up the task manager and saw 3 "RunDLL 32*" running at the same time... i did shut the 3 processers down and now it works like a charm! None of that lag anymore.. So if anyone else has a trouble with this, check your task manager if there is three of "RunDLL" running!
11-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

(11-03-2010, 09:41 PM)Dave91 Wrote: NEVERMIND! Big Grin i fixed it! I was thinking... there must be something else running in the background that disturbs it... i opened up the task manager and saw 3 "RunDLL 32*" running at the same time... i did shut the 3 processers down and now it works like a charm! None of that lag anymore.. So if anyone else has a trouble with this, check your task manager if there is three of "RunDLL" running!

If there weren't any windows associated with those rundll's I suggest you do a virus scan.
11-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Find