Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I want to become more brave
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9
RE: I want to become more brave

Yes, it is linked to insanity. But it doesn't just happen when you are no longer 'Crystal clear'. It also happens when you're standing in darkness. Basically it means your sanity is being drained, or is low.
11-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Find
Nospheratu Offline

Threads: 1

(11-07-2010, 01:39 PM)Murloc Wrote: Is it normal that the screen zooms in and out slightly all the time and that the screen often leans towards a side and isnt straight? I thought things like that were supposed to happen when u go insane not when I have "Crystal clear" as status.

Also I can hear my characters breath which is unpleasant.

I guess you have just started the game up and played through the "intro" part; there the vision is tilted and sometimes Daniel drops on the floor - this is simply to build atmosphere and prepare you for such occurances later on. As for the breathing - it's also part of the atmosphere-making so it's supposed to be unpleasant Wink Think about it this way: If you personally would be in the castle instead of Daniel, you would be breathing hard too (not to mention screaming a lot), so maybe it isn't so bad if it's only a recorded sound effect Smile (the same goes for his grinding teeth)

Better to reign in hell than to be a servant in heaven.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2010, 04:07 PM by Nospheratu.)
11-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

Threads: 4

(11-07-2010, 04:00 PM)Nospheratu Wrote:
(11-07-2010, 01:39 PM)Murloc Wrote: Is it normal that the screen zooms in and out slightly all the time and that the screen often leans towards a side and isnt straight? I thought things like that were supposed to happen when u go insane not when I have "Crystal clear" as status.

Also I can hear my characters breath which is unpleasant.

I guess you have just started the game up and played through the "intro" part; there the vision is tilted and sometimes Daniel drops on the floor - this is simply to build atmosphere and prepare you for such occurances later on. As for the breathing - it's also part of the atmosphere-making so it's supposed to be unpleasant Wink Think about it this way: If you personally would be in the castle instead of Daniel, you would be breathing hard too (not to mention screaming a lot), so maybe it isn't so bad if it's only a recorded sound effect Smile (the same goes for his grinding teeth)

Lol if I would personally be in the castle instead of Daniel, I would break through a window, climb down and run for my life. Or I would at least try to fight back when I see a monster (beat him with a hammer or drill Wink). Ok maybe I would just throw stuff at him and run and scream like hell, although I don't ever want to find out what I would do Angel

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2010, 04:31 PM by flcn27.)
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Find
Murloc Offline

Threads: 3

I remember when I was a bit younger and was going to play the "We dont go to Ravenholm" level in Half-life 2. When I saw a zombie coming out of the shadows, I screamed and threw myself on the floor in panic. That's how sensitive I am, or was.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2010, 04:47 PM by Murloc.)
11-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

In the first level at the start of the game. Pick up the vase and turn it upside down.

Inside you'll find a Desert Eagle .50

This helps to combat your fears.
11-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

(11-07-2010, 04:46 PM)Murloc Wrote: I remember when I was a bit younger and was going to play the "We dont go to Ravenholm" level in Half-life 2. When I saw a zombie coming out of the shadows, I screamed and threw myself on the floor in panic. That's how sensitive I am, or was.

Well, Ravenholm is easy Big Grin. I helped a friend of mine with it. She is 21 and was scared as hell, lol Angel We were both playing the game and chatting with mics. I told her to 'have fun with the zombies' and she put them on fire, threw white paint at them, etc. and soon her fear was gone.

In Amnesia, it's not possible to kill your enemies which makes the game a lot more scary. But it helps, I think, if you turn down the volume, throw an object at a monster (the first monster you encounter), like a rock, then quickly exit before he can kill you. Pretend that you killed him and laugh at how silly he looks Tongue

11-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Find
Murloc Offline

Threads: 3

Cant you kill them if by throwing alot of stuff at them? If I throw rocks at their heads over and over again they should die, right?
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2010, 05:24 PM by Murloc.)
11-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

(11-07-2010, 05:23 PM)Murloc Wrote: Cant you kill them if by throwing alot of stuff at them? If I throw rocks at their heads over and over again they should die, right?

Good luck with that Tongue After one rock you'll be dead Wink

But no, they can't die. I think. I don't think anyone managed to throw the exact amount of 13 rocks at them yet, so maybe it is possible to kill them by throwing 13 rocks at them.

11-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

You can trap them sometimes but really you shouldn't be looking at or interacting with them. Once you get over your fears its really tempting to throw barrels at them. This doesn't end well.
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(11-06-2010, 09:32 PM)Murloc Wrote: Any tips on how I can become more fearless and brave so I can play my copy of Amnesia? I really want to play it but Im too scared.

Powerful drugs, my friend. Only powerful drugs Tongue

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Find