Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with PS4 version
ghostgate2001
Unregistered

Not Solved Issue with PS4 version
I'm playing the Amnesia Collection on PS4.
Original-release PS4 hardware, i.e. not a Slim or Pro.

There seems to be a really distracting lighting issue with AMFP.
Basically, the brightness of the scenery on-screen seems to be linked to the brightness level of whatever is displayed at the top-left corner of the screen.

So, if you pan the camera so that a lit lamp (or other light-source) is at the top-left of the screen then the entire view is lit extremely brightly, but pan the camera away and the whole display darkens back to normal.

It doesn't seem like an intentional effect, and I don't remember seeing it when I first played the game a few years ago on PC. It creates an unpleasant strobing effect when walking down the corridors of the house, as wall-lights pass the camera.

I'm near the beginning of the game - still in the house, just finished the first "chapter" and passed the loading screen into the second chapter. Hoped the problem would go away when the game loaded a new chapter, but it didn't. Exiting out of the game, restarting, and resuming my current save didn't help, either.

Is this a known issue? Any workaround or fix would be appreciated.
06-24-2017, 11:27 PM
gideon Offline

Threads: 0
Not Solved RE: Issue with PS4 version
damn, yesterday I started to have the same problem. I thought it was a hardware issue but I'm not sure
07-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Find
ghostgate2001
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: Issue with PS4 version
(07-05-2017, 10:08 AM)gideon Wrote: damn, yesterday I started to have the same problem. I thought it was a hardware issue but I'm not sure

Thanks for the reply - was beginning to think I was alone with this one!
I don't think it's a hardware problem because I've not seen anything like it with any other game, and my PS4 is a standard original-release console, i.e. the same hardware that 40 million other people own.

I've had to abandon playing the game because it's so distracting - not to mention hard on the eyes - with the scenery brightness fluctuating all the time.

I can't imagine something as obvious and wrong as this could've been missed in testing - I noticed it straight away, as soon as I started playing the PS4 version - so maybe a patch introduced the problem (?)

What I maybe didn't make clear before was that it's not just the brightness of the scenery that's linked to whatever's at top-left of the display but also the colour. So if a green lamp is at top-left of the screen then the whole of the scenery on-screen is lit up bright green like night-vision. If a yellow lamp is at top-left then everything's tinted bright yellow, and so on.

It would be nice if Frictional (or whoever was responsible for the PS4 port of AMFP) could address this problem, or at least acknowledge its existence. If there's any doubt about it, tell me how / where to upload a gameplay recording and I'll gladly demonstrate the problem. Thanks.
07-14-2017, 11:14 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.