Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Requests Brand New CS - Looking For Team Members!
Cassandwich Offline

Threads: 1
Brand New CS - Looking For Team Members!

Hello all!

So, I've come up with an idea for a custom story. I actually came up with it years ago, but have never done anything with it. I don't want to say too much about it here, b/c there are plot twists involved and I don't want to ruin them. Anyway, I got this incredible creative itch and I figured the best way to scratch was to go ahead and try to make my own custom story.
However....
Making games is HARD. I have no talent for coding or level design or any other technical aspects.
So, I'm hoping I can get some person/people to collaborate with me!

I will handle the story, voice acting/directing, and some of the writing and sound design. You (whoever you may be) will handle whatever else it takes to make this custom story come alive.

This would include: Graphics, coding, level design (I have issues with spacial relation and depth perception and a type of dyslexia that makes it difficult for me to understand/read maps.), creation and implementation of puzzles (I'm good at solving them, but not at creating them), help with sound design and writing, etc...

And, of course, we will both/all play test it and share it with the masses.

Now...I'm sure you'll want to at least know SOME of the story.

There isn't much out of the ordinary about Ian Daniels, save for the fact that he suffers from retrograde amnesia. He experiences flashes of insight and has regained some of his memories in the interim, but something holds him back from fully remembering. He knows something terrible happened and his mind is protecting itself from further trauma. Still though, he is desperate to know the truth.
One day he receives a clue. A mysterious note. The first solid lead about his past. He follows the note's instructions to meet at a certain place....where he is promptly knocked out cold.
He awakens in a strange place. Some kind of manor or castle?
He discovers some kind of (pipe?) system that allows him to communicate with a strange woman who is also trapped there named Helen. One of the things they talk about is the fact there is a monster in the house, and she is hiding from it. Eric assumes there may be someone else….maybe even a killer, but this ‘monster’ business is just Helen’s imagination getting the better of her.
I’m sure we are all familiar with the phrase “ 'Assume' makes an Ass out of U and Me”?
Soon though, he discovers that hellish monsters are the least of his problems and that there may be more to Helen and this place than meets the eye...

If you are interested in working with me, reply here or PM me! Serious inquires only, please! Let me know what kind of experience you have (like if you've made other games/custom stories). If you are wondering about my own experience:

I am a professional actress. I do stage and voice work. Right now you can hear me as Kela De Thaym in the game "Warframe" and as Madame Lucy Wolfe in the animated web series "Swift and Loose".

Here is a link to my website: http://cassandrawladyslava.wix.com/voice

I also work with other professional voice actors, whom I would be bringing in to do voice work for this. I also have several years personal experience doing audio mixing for radio programs, audio plays, and music. I also have several colleagues who are sound engineers/designers that I can reach out to. I've never done any professional writing, but I am a writer.

I am also an avid gamer. I love horror games. I've of course played Amnesia (+Justine and A Machine For Pigs and several custom stories.). =) I also enjoy rpgs, adventure games, FPS games, puzzle games, etc... Right now I'm playing Warframe (if you play let me know! We can squad up!), West of Loathing, The Lecarde Chronicles 2 (Where I play the first boss, Medusa!), and System Shock 2.

~TEAM MEMBERS~

Red
AGP
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2017, 05:23 AM by Cassandwich.)
11-16-2017, 07:21 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: Brand New CS - Looking For Team Members!

Well, I was going to offer voice over assistance, but then I recognized your name! Fancy seeing you here, Cassandra! And welcome! Big Grin

11-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Find
Cassandwich Offline

(11-17-2017, 10:13 AM)AGP Wrote: Well, I was going to offer voice over assistance, but then I recognized your name! Fancy seeing you here, Cassandra! And welcome! Big Grin

Hey Olivia!

Are you talking about doing voice acting for the game? Or recruiting? Or both? While I do have some people in mind, no part is officially cast. I haven't even cast myself. Would you like me to keep you in mind when I get around to casting/auditions?
11-17-2017, 08:57 PM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

I'd be more than happy to help! Big Grin And I can try to help in other areas as well.

I'm just in the process of finishing up my own mod, but should be done hopefully by January if you do need help with work outside voices.

11-19-2017, 05:48 AM
Find
Cassandwich Offline

(11-19-2017, 05:48 AM)AGP Wrote: I'd be more than happy to help! Big Grin And I can try to help in other areas as well.

I'm just in the process of finishing up my own mod, but should be done hopefully by January if you do need help with work outside voices.

Awesome!
11-21-2017, 05:23 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

I was a bit bored, so I decided If I could create something to begin from.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 85068308e392da76441299d782d99ff842581521...21230a.jpg]

[Image: 43701700e4917793fbc69254d62b4a4bf66d10b6...3f9954.jpg]

11-23-2017, 03:27 PM
Find
SebastianG Offline

Threads: 0

I can help with the coding or level design. I've worked with HPL2 since 2012. 
If you want to see a few of my screenshots - https://imgur.com/a/tSq4mme - (level design, scripting)

I have a ton of unfinished projects and levels, mainly because I've lost all motivation -- working alone.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 06:18 PM by SebastianG.)
10-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Find
Dukatelo Offline

Kinda late to this party, but if you still need help with this project, I can offer you assistance regarding monologues, dialogues and further expanding the narrative. Angel
11-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Find