Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia crashes my graphics card
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Question  Amnesia crashes my graphics card

I posted this on the Steam forums, but the only solution they had was buy a new video card, but i don't have the money (Sad). It really just crashes randomly while playing. This didn't happen in the demo, so I'm stumped. what happens is that i will be playing, then the game will freeze, but the sound will still play like it has not froze at all. Now, sometimes my computer will go to a black screen for about 3-4 seconds, then go back to the game and a box saying VPU recover will show up. I press don't send and the game runs again for about 1 min before it does the freezing thing again. Other times it will crash my Grapics card, then go to a black screen, say entering sleep mode, and then I'm FORCED to restart my computer. It makes the game unplayable, and it's making me really mad! Angry! I've tryed everything from the trouble shoot, i've messed around with my settings and changed everything to low/off, but that doesn't help. Turning off Posteffects makes it crash more often, turning paralox (or whatever it's called to lazy to check) off just makes the lighting all weird, my SSAO samples are 4 and SSAO itself is off and everything else is on Low/off. (BTW I have steam version and i've tryed reinstalling and verifying game cache, and nothing helped Sad)

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
11-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Find
davva Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia crashes my graphics card

OT; i fucking lol'd at your name x)

11-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Sounds like it is overheating, if possible try to clean the sink and fan from dust for the graphics card.
11-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Website Find
Nevyn Offline

Threads: 2

I had a similar issue once with an old graphic card of mine. It would overheat in some games but not in others. I am not sure what was wrong but what I did was download Rivatuner and manually set my fan speed higher to keep the card cool. It worked like a charm even though it made it slightly nosier. Smile
11-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(11-14-2010, 10:34 AM)jens Wrote: Sounds like it is overheating, if possible try to clean the sink and fan from dust for the graphics card.

Overheating??? never had this problem before..... I dont know, i guess ill try to clean the sink and fan......

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
11-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

I just read another thread, and it seems someone else (Flodda) had this excact problem in the excact place I am, and he had the excact same graphics card (ATI Radeon X600). Thomas (I think) Suggested he try Omega Drivers, and he used them and it fixed his problem. Would using the Omega Drivers fix my problem? Cuz i havent got around to cleaning my PC yet.

11-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

It might, so could try. A X600 is below minimum requirements so should not expect too much
11-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Wink  RE: Amnesia crashes my graphics card

(11-23-2010, 07:25 AM)jens Wrote: It might, so could try. A X600 is below minimum requirements so should not expect too much

Well, It worked. Im playing the game with no crashes Big Grin. But I'm having lighting issues pretty much the same as this guy here:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-5490.html

11-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

Amnesia is the only reason I don't switch to ATI for graphics cards, they are cheaper, but they are...CHEAPER! Tongue Too many problems to justify the sexy low price points. Love AMD processors though and they are cheap without being CHEAP!
11-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Website Find
davva Offline

Threads: 1

intel + nvidia = pewpewlaz0rbeamz

11-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Find