Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cistern -> drain sewers
FallenAngel Offline

Threads: 2
Cistern -> drain sewers

Hello everyone,

I'm afraid I've got another problem: I'm at the point where I need to go down the (drained) sewers. According to a walkthrough I just read, I've done everything necessary in the Cistern (turned all three wheels, read all notes), in the Control Room (all machines are working), and in the Morgue (got vaccine, avoided monster at exit door). So, I was supposed to leave this level now. But I can't for the water has not been drained!!

Please note that:
1. There was NO water monster at ANY point in the Cistern.
2. In the memento it stills reads "There are valves in the Cistern to redirect water from the sewer" even after I have turned all three in the Cistern.
3. I haven't used the wooden crank anywhere yet.
4. I haven't done anything at that walled box/room in the Cistern where murmurs and cries are heard from.

Am I missing something here that needs be done before I may leave?

If not, could someone PLEASE send me / upload a saved game from that phase of the game (before entering the sewers)? The zipped file I downloaded yesterday when I bumped onto a bug has no saved games there and I'd be forced to go through this whole level again.

Once more, thanks for all your help.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2010, 03:06 PM by FallenAngel.)
11-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Cistern -> drain sewers

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4825.html

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Find
FallenAngel Offline

Thanks Kein, but this file doesn't contain a saved game at the point where I need it. At least, I can't find any. It only has some saved games at the start of this level and then again later on in the game (don't even know those locations yet).

Nevertheless, thanks for having uploaded those, they proved extremely useful yesterday in the Storage!!
11-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Website Find
sagdashin Offline

Spoiler below!
yeah, whats the wooden crank good for? i never used it
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2010, 06:46 PM by sagdashin.)
11-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Find
Datashocker Offline

Threads: 0

I'll upload a savegame once I get to that point (In the prison now, but it's my second play-through, so it should go quickly).

Should have it up in the next few hours

EDIT: Never mind, I still have a save from my last play through.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mw8c0jb8ctd00lc

This should suit you fine. Everything in the Cistern, Control Room, and Morgue areas are done, so all you have to do is progress to the sewer.

The girlish scream that Daniel puts forth as he sees a disturbing event is enough to make my day.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2010, 11:21 PM by Datashocker.)
11-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(11-14-2010, 03:31 PM)FallenAngel Wrote: Thanks Kein, but this file doesn't contain a saved game at the point where I need it. At least, I can't find any. It only has some saved games at the start of this level
It has one savegame RIGHT @ the beginning of the location. You could try it, ya'now. Other ppl said it helped alot.

(11-14-2010, 06:44 PM)sagdashin Wrote:
Spoiler below!
yeah, whats the wooden crank good for? i never used it
It is used to lift that heavy door in Control Room from other side.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Find