Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.89 Average
Penumbra flashlight in Amnesia?
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Penumbra flashlight in Amnesia?

Yes, it has the exact penumbra texture, etc. I'm getting Maya right now, will edit the animations and finalize it.
12-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

Sounds great. Now if Amnesia only had Dynamic Lightning.. damn, that would be a game.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Find
Akumasama Offline

Threads: 2

Xiphirx, if you know the correct way to import and export animations, please share here.
I haven't figured it out, and alot of other people also don't know it I geuss...
12-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

(12-16-2010, 11:25 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: Sounds great. Now if Amnesia only had Dynamic Lightning.. damn, that would be a game.

What do you mean by dynamic? The flashlight casts shadows?
12-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(12-16-2010, 11:40 PM)xiphirx Wrote: What do you mean by dynamic? The flashlight casts shadows?

Yup Smile

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Done. ;-) Heheh
[Image: flashlight.png]
(12-16-2010, 11:39 PM)Akumasama Wrote: Xiphirx, if you know the correct way to import and export animations, please share here.
I haven't figured it out, and alot of other people also don't know it I geuss...

Don't worry, it's alot easier than it seems ;-) That is if everything goes how I expect.

Here's a dev shot if you're curious :-)

[Image: flashlight.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2010, 11:55 PM by xiphirx.)
12-16-2010, 11:44 PM
Find
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6

xiphirx, you and digi should work together on this. It seems your both trying to make the flashlight work and might be able to combine progress? I think digis flashlight would look better for the model.
12-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Alright, so I have the animation in Maya, but I completely forgot how to use it Sad (been abut 2 years since I used Maya)

If you want to edit the animations, it's really easy. Locate the .dae_anim files and just rename them to .dae files. Using Maya just open the .dae file as a scene Smile
Okay, seems like these files have no effect to the game, which leads me to suspect that the .anim files are the ones we want to edit...
Huge twist in the story... Turns out that the files in the animations folder aren't even used...

I deleted the folder, ran Amnesia and had the hand animations perfectly in tact...

They're somewhere :|

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2010, 02:45 AM by xiphirx.)
12-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

More on animations:

Here's what I've figured out so far.

HOW TO GET AND EDIT ANIMATIONS
- Navigate to models/player/hands/animations
- Choose which state you want to edit (Idle, Draw, Holster)
- Make a duplicate copy of the state you want to edit .dae_anim
- Rename the duplicate copy to something like "myAnimation.dae" Note, the filetype needs to be changed to dae, not dae_anim
- In Maya (I use 2008) goto File > Open Scene > Choose the file you just made, in this example "myAnimation.dae"
- You should now see Daniel's hand, click on the play button and see the animation!
- Edit it as you wish, animation is all keyframes

EXPORTING ANIMATION WHEN DONE
*** Requires ColladaMaya 0.35B Plugin***
- File > Export (Dialog) > choose "COLLADA (.dae .xml)" as the export format > Export > Overwrite the file you are editing ("myAnimation.dae" in this example)

IMPORTING ANIMATION INTO THE GAME
*** NOT DONE ***
- Change the extension of the file you created in the previous step to ".dae_anim"
- Go to the HPL Suite, open the Model Editor
- File > Open > Locate hand.ent in models/Player/hands
- Options > Animations
- Add
- Name it to whatever you like
- Press the "..." and choose your file (remember, with .dae_anim)
- Save the model and close
- Open the model viewer
- Open the hands.ent file once more
- Change the animation to your animation and make sure it is working
- Done!

(Or I think... It doesn't work, at least It didn't work the first time i tried it :|
Ok, I've successfully edited and imported an Animation. Only problem is, the arm is HUGE.

Whenever I export, it doesn't scale the model down even though I change the scale values... (In the side panel)

Anyone experienced in Maya, please help.

We're definitely are getting there. If only we got help from Jens or Thomas :-(

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2010, 04:53 AM by xiphirx.)
12-17-2010, 04:06 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

Ok, let me wake up and I'll have a look, Xiph... we should work together
im waking up with a orange juice and titan quest

--------------------------------------
I had a go at animating, and yeah, there is an issue with scale, I use 3ds Max 9 and when I export the scale is 100x larger then what it should be

I thought this was an issue on my end, The problem is when you export the .Dae file a value is offset somewhere, when you import, the objects are 1/1 scale, but when you export its like 100/1

I thought I made some progress the other night, somehow I halved the scale on it so it was 50/1 but I have no idea what I did to do it, I've played with the scale settings for HOURS and nothing, its always 100/1 on export

you can scale static objects ok, but you can't scale animations properly, funny enough I already have a post over in the technical issues thread about this and it has no replies
---------------------------------------
Could you email me your animations so I can look at them? email them to me or post them here, digimbyte@gmail.com
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2010, 06:52 AM by DIGI Byte.)
12-17-2010, 05:20 AM
Find