Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's play - Amnesia! - FINISHED
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Let's play - Amnesia! [Somewhat Blind]

Use VirtualDub for encoding the vids. Fraps doesn't encode them (which is why Fraps videos are HUGE), and Virtual Dub can decrease the file size significantly while preserving most of the quality.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

It can preserve all of the quality, depending on the codec you choose.
12-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

you want to use the H.264 codec, best quality, Best compression, and also an industry standard, not some 3rd party cheap attempt
12-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(12-16-2010, 08:51 PM)SillySprites Wrote: Thanks for the clarification!! Big Grin And um yeah! So the map im making will actually be quite large, ((Story takes place in a 3 story mansion: Not including attic, basements and other extraments)) The story I think, is really unique! Ive no idea how to do ANY scripting, Or make ceilings and working on different levels. ((But that I will probably be able to handle once i figure it out))

But yes! I would love to have you help me script! I'll give you more details as they surface :3 thanks!!

also you should look at these two links for when you start you level Smile

Scripting (You probably wont understand any of the scripts, i didnt until i had tons of help.)- http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

Basic tutorials (needed to understand how to get your map to work) - http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tutorials/start
12-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Find
SillySprites Offline

Threads: 5

(12-17-2010, 05:09 PM)LoneWolf Wrote:
(12-16-2010, 08:51 PM)SillySprites Wrote: Thanks for the clarification!! Big Grin And um yeah! So the map im making will actually be quite large, ((Story takes place in a 3 story mansion: Not including attic, basements and other extraments)) The story I think, is really unique! Ive no idea how to do ANY scripting, Or make ceilings and working on different levels. ((But that I will probably be able to handle once i figure it out))

But yes! I would love to have you help me script! I'll give you more details as they surface :3 thanks!!

also you should look at these two links for when you start you level Smile

Scripting (You probably wont understand any of the scripts, i didnt until i had tons of help.)- http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

Basic tutorials (needed to understand how to get your map to work) - http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tutorials/start

Thank you so much for the links! Im actually working on the map at this very moment, So far I think ive got the entire basic idea planned out!

The story will be called: The Dark Ones,

Plot: You play the protagonist (obv) and you live on the outskirts of a small village (This is the Victorian Era) and Your family is very rich and of high status, you and your older father live in your family's mansion deep in the forest, recently, rumors and panic have been whispering about the town about missing persons have been going around, but you dismiss it as just a bogus story and continue on in your life.
So weeks later one morning (While your father is out on buisness) you walk around the mansion and into your servants quarters and find a tatty old diary and the room messy and deserted, The diaries latest entry goes on about how the servant needed to get away before something happened to him, and that he had seen too much, So your character, bewildered, begins searching his mansion for answers..

((This is not the nearly the full plot, I purposley am leaving things out as to not ruin the story :3))
12-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

well I hope your story has NO living people in it since... well... there are no npc characters as of yet.. unless you want mr flappy jaw and chuckles, but its not often you have a hidious monster as a butler Big Grin
12-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Find
SillySprites Offline

(12-17-2010, 10:54 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: well I hope your story has NO living people in it since... well... there are no npc characters as of yet.. unless you want mr flappy jaw and chuckles, but its not often you have a hidious monster as a butler Big Grin

I was trying not to spoil it but! You will be (Daniel) your father will be the boss (Alexander) The Dark ones (Grunt - Brute) Thats Alll im sayin' Big Grin
12-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(12-17-2010, 10:54 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: well I hope your story has NO living people in it since... well... there are no npc characters as of yet.. unless you want mr flappy jaw and chuckles, but its not often you have a hidious monster as a butler Big Grin

Chuckles.... lmao. Theres so many funny names for these monsters Big Grin

Also, your story idea sounds good it sounds like a exploring, puzzle type level, with scares of course. I'm almost done with mine and hope to have it up in the next week Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2010, 11:27 PM by LoneWolf.)
12-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Find
SillySprites Offline

(12-17-2010, 11:22 PM)LoneWolf Wrote:

Also, your story idea sounds good it sounds like a exploring, puzzle type level, with scares of course. I'm almost done with mine and hope to have it up in the next week Smile

Thank you!! <3
12-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Find
SillySprites Offline

(12-18-2010, 01:20 AM)SillySprites Wrote:
(12-17-2010, 11:22 PM)LoneWolf Wrote:

Thank you!! <3

Hey guys! Im thinking of doing a live stream because currently, im too scared to progress alone!
http://www.livestream.com/SSletsPlay

link!! <3
Going live when requested :3
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2010, 01:15 AM by SillySprites.)
12-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Find