Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Want scarier?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES, I want to be scarred for life
46.55%
27 46.55%
...A bit.
22.41%
13 22.41%
Noooo, already too scary or scary enough!
31.03%
18 31.03%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Did anyone wish it was MORE scary?
ruzen Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Did anyone wish it was MORE scary?

Overall game is scary enough but as I told before, I wish the epiloge part of game was more scary.
12-17-2010, 05:06 AM
Find
ving Offline

Threads: 2

yes and no... its plenty scary, but there is room for more. I am quite happy with the current product tho.

yeah a bit of a fence sitter option i know.
12-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Find
lukaspriest Offline

Threads: 3

Man, I don't know. I've played some scary games in the past...Dead Space used to unsettle me each time I fired it up on my pc...but this game....I have never had a game absolutely turn my guts to ice like this one. I dont know how they could make it more scary. Like some of the other posts have mentioned, that pervasive sense of unease makes this game indeed profound. Even when there aren't monsters, a sudden door shutting or being thrown open makes me soil myself. I think they got it just right. I can't wait for their next title!
12-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Find
Rurikkur Offline

Threads: 0

Here are my cents.

1(Environments)
I want more environments! Especially outside places, or locations where inside and outside
connect. Seamlessness. Make the wind shake things up a bit too. And add some more critters!

2(Power)
If only with a plastic spoon! Empower me with some sort of weapon, but make me fear
encounters! Don't make me rely on my weapon. A sixshooter with one bullet would be awesome.

3(Lighting)
The lighting was very static. Make it dynamic. Like opening curtains or windows. And throw in
the occasional lightning.
Also make those damn candles burn down! That or allow us to pick em up!

4(Different lanterns)
Represent the oil-meter visually as oil in the lantern, make it dim and flicker as you get low on
oil.
Add candlesticks! When carrying a candlestick you see the wax melt, the light flickers if you
run. Heck, it might even turn off!
Matches or a lighter would work wonders as well.

5(Enemy diversity)
A four or five legged freak that hunts me like a rabid dog, would sometimes scare me more than
a disfigured humanoid, just saying Tongue

6(Movement)
Allow me to move properly! I feel like a god damn retard when those creeps attack me in a
room. No I don't want to hide in the closet! Allow me to hide under the bed! Or in that huge
chest! Or in that barrel!

That's all I have to say about that, yet.

PS: I adore this game, I just want it to be more awesome. And horribly terrifying ofc. XD
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2010, 09:04 PM by Rurikkur.)
12-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Find
Pril Offline

Threads: 1

If this Game would be even more scary, people would die from it!
12-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Find
dragonmaster Offline

Threads: 17

(12-24-2010, 10:07 PM)Pril Wrote: If this Game would be even more scary, people would die from it!

If I had to pick a way to die, scared to death by a frictional game would be it Big Grin

But nevertheless, it would be cool if it was at least a bit scarier or traumatizing overall.

I like horror games but not the ones that give u nightmares :P
But i like the ones that give you an urge to open every door and drawer that you see for a month :D
12-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

I think it was spooky enough as it is. Besides, if it was any scarier people would start sending Frictional their cleaning bills.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
12-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I remember a while ago someone who claimed to be a psychologist said on these forums that some of the stuff that happens in Amnesia is enough to cause actual mental harm. If it was made any scarier, it could quite possibly be illegal in most parts of the world if this is true.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Website Find
Thanatos Offline

Threads: 0

Definitely the scariest game I have personally played however, I didn't feel the tension was kept up at the end. Maybe I just got used to the terror and if I played it now would find myself scoffing at the parts that had me pausing the game and taking a breather hiding under my desk. The only thing that I would have liked (to help amp up the tension for me) is for Daniel not to read almost all the notes you find. It broke the immersion for me as I was no longer Daniel, I would have liked to read them myself at my own pace. This is just my opinion and others may not have felt it lowered the scare factor.

That said I don't feel the game should really be scarier as then I would have had no hope of completing it (if scarier/more tense is even possible)
12-31-2010, 02:04 AM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

I want the game to be scarier! after playing it once or twice its just not as scary as i know the areas where i am to expect scares form. Maybe have random monster appearences? I was wrongly told that this was a feature in the game, what lies... everything is scripting nothing is random.
12-31-2010, 02:28 AM
Find