Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
yakuzakazuya Offline

Threads: 1
RE: In Relation to Console Portage

(11-29-2010, 02:55 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: I'd love this to happen but it'll cost too much i would imagine.

Yeah, it's a shame really. This generation of consoles is lacking in quality horror games. Mainstream developers always find a way to put guns in their 'horror' to pander to shooter fans. I weep for the future of gaming if shooters remain the dominant genre.
11-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Find
H3llshock Offline

Threads: 2

(11-29-2010, 09:17 AM)yakuzakazuya Wrote: Actually the PS3 would be a better platform to port a game like Amnesia.
My reasons being:

1. PS3 has much less piracy than PC, Xbox 360, and Wii.
2. PS3 owners appreciate a solid single player with good story. Heavy Rain was extremely successful on PS3 for a niche genre.
3. Alan Wake, a solid horror/thriller game sold poorly on Xbox 360.
4. The PS Move is better for a game like Amnesia because it has lower latency than Kinect, has a separate navigational controller for player movement, and a rumble feature for added feedback.
5. Frictional Games could release it as a PSN downloadable title.

I know the chances of Amnesia being ported to console is close to nil, but I think Frictional Games could consider it for their future projects.

1: link please
2: what?
3: This is relevent why?
4: kind of agree. Mostly with the seperate navi controller being needed.
But Kinect has its own merits.
5: xbox live arcade
11-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Find
alaskahorrorfan Offline

(09-18-2010, 02:50 AM)Harry Wrote: What are your thoughts folks, think that a hands-free style experience is preferable to traditional console controllers?

No.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v...38-E3-2010

Without appropriate feedback, it will ruin immersion all the more. Plus in the inaccuracy in motion controllers (yes I am making sweeping generalities, I will happily be proved wrong one day I believe) would make it frustrating, esp with door opening (too close to the door to open it...move back? too far!). However, this is all my pessimistic opinion, so YMMV.

Standard controller wise, on my PS3 and insanity inducing the controlled to vib as well....randomly.....I think it would work. I think I would buy it again.
11-30-2010, 05:13 AM
Find
yakuzakazuya Offline

(11-30-2010, 12:57 AM)H3llshock Wrote:
(11-29-2010, 09:17 AM)yakuzakazuya Wrote: Actually the PS3 would be a better platform to port a game like Amnesia.
My reasons being:

2. PS3 owners appreciate a solid single player with good story. Heavy Rain was extremely successful on PS3 for a niche genre.
4. The PS Move is better for a game like Amnesia because it has lower latency than Kinect, has a separate navigational controller for player movement, and a rumble feature for added feedback.

I know the chances of Amnesia being ported to console is close to nil, but I think Frictional Games could consider it for their future projects.

1: link please
2: what?
3: This is relevent why?
4: kind of agree. Mostly with the seperate navi controller being needed.
But Kinect has its own merits.
5: xbox live arcade

1. Simply because PS3 has not been successfully hacked yet. Jailbreak no longer works with 3.50 firmware.
2. Heavy Rain is basically a point-and-click adventure with stellar production values, I didn't think it would sell at all on a console like PS3 but it did, and successfully at that.
3. I really enjoyed Alan Wake, I have no idea why it sold poorly on Xbox 360. In my personal opinion, PS3 users might have been a better target for single player game only like Alan Wake. (I own all 3 consoles)
4. Kinect would be a better option than Move, if only it has a higher resolution camera so it can track individual fingers and can capture movements at 60 fps. And Microsoft needs to introduce a nav con with analog stick to move the player.
5. You got a point.
11-30-2010, 05:48 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Noez, no consoles for my HLP3-based game from Frics, noooo!

GO AWAY CASUALS!

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Potentially good news for h3llshock et al. and bad news for Kein:

"It's in the early phases still and we're trying to go new ways... For example, we're checking out other platforms. Nothing's been decided yet, we have to check out how everything works. We don't have any experience with putting a game on Xbox for example, but we're going to check that out and see what platforms we can release our game for next. We're hoping for expanding."

source: http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1137370p1.html
11-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(11-30-2010, 08:35 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Potentially good news for h3llshock et al. and bad news for Kein:

"It's in the early phases still and we're trying to go new ways... For example, we're checking out other platforms. Nothing's been decided yet, we have to check out how everything works. We don't have any experience with putting a game on Xbox for example, but we're going to check that out and see what platforms we can release our game for next. We're hoping for expanding."

source: http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1137370p1.html

Excellent news, hopefully amnesia has created a good enough audience to help sell future games frictional make. If they get the correct support then consoles are a must, theres a wide audience like someone stated before theres a lack of horror.
11-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

My reasons being:

1. You may be right there, I don't know anything about piracy, so I can't really comment there.
2. While Xbox 360 owners do certainly like their multiplayer games, there are plenty of Xbox 360 owners (including myself) who appreciate a solid single player with good story...
3. ...Which Alan Wake certainly wasn't. After five years of waiting, we were merely presented with a fairly bland horror-lite experience. If it sold poorly, I don't think it was down to it being single player only, but because it turned out to be a pretty mediocre game - regardless of whether it was single player only or not.
4. From what I understand of Move and Kinect, I think you may well be right there.
5. The Xbox Live Marketplace would be just as good a platform for releasing the game.

Wow - what a mansion!
12-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(12-02-2010, 11:40 AM)Bulbatron Wrote: 5. The Xbox Live Marketplace would be just as good a platform for releasing the game.

Actually, M$ is known for screwing over their so called business partners with DLC. Survival mode for L4D had no achievments because nothing free can have them, and M$ takes a HUGE chunk of profits! Trust me, I work exclusively on PC games because of that. Sony is just not easy to get interested in things (example: they shot down team meat) so I don't go with them. However, I can see Sony going for an Amnesia port easily!
12-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Website Find
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7

(12-05-2010, 03:19 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote:
(12-02-2010, 11:40 AM)Bulbatron Wrote: 5. The Xbox Live Marketplace would be just as good a platform for releasing the game.

Actually, M$ is known for screwing over their so called business partners with DLC. Survival mode for L4D had no achievments because nothing free can have them, and M$ takes a HUGE chunk of profits! Trust me, I work exclusively on PC games because of that. Sony is just not easy to get interested in things (example: they shot down team meat) so I don't go with them. However, I can see Sony going for an Amnesia port easily!

Ah, OK. I daresay you know what you're talking about more than I do. It does seem a shame though, when greed comes before... well... anything, or so it seems when it comes to Microsoft. Can't speak for Sony, but they do seem more inventive when it comes to their own games. I do vaguely remember the problems that Valve have had with Microsoft now and then.

Wow - what a mansion!
12-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Find