Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Xbox 360 Kinect version?

(01-02-2011, 02:23 AM)Lee Wrote: You said that there will never be ANY Frictional Game on consoles. Clearly, they said they were looking into the possibility for future games.

They WERE, but I'm pretty sure they decided against it for the reasons I stated before...
01-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(01-02-2011, 04:23 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote:
(01-02-2011, 02:23 AM)Lee Wrote: You said that there will never be ANY Frictional Game on consoles. Clearly, they said they were looking into the possibility for future games.

They WERE, but I'm pretty sure they decided against it for the reasons I stated before...

Whenever asked, even fairly recently, they have stated how they would love to release a game for consoles as well as PC. Of course, if it's a horror game with similar gameplay to Amnesia and Penumbra, it would be a pretty bad decision unless they're some sort of gods who can make everything work on every control scheme. However, all they have said about their next game is that it will have a horror element to it, so it might be something completely different from what we're used to. It could be a mystery adventure game or it could be a horde shooter or it could be a platformer with emphasis on using different flavors of honey to your advantage. Any one of those would work fairly well on consoles.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2011, 06:46 AM by Sexbad.)
01-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Website Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

(01-02-2011, 06:44 AM)Lee Wrote: However, all they have said about their next game is that it will have a horror element to it, so it might be something completely different from what we're used to. It could be a mystery adventure game or it could be a horde shooter or it could be a platformer with emphasis on using different flavors of honey to your advantage. Any one of those would work fairly well on consoles.

Dude, I just noticed that were having an argument on 2 different threads...thats probably not a good thing.
01-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Except this one is based solely on factual information. They have released statements saying that they are interested in consoles.

Now accept it and you can have your family back.

You know I love you, right?

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
01-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Website Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

(01-02-2011, 08:09 AM)Lee Wrote: Except this one is based solely on factual information. They have released statements saying that they are interested in consoles.

Now accept it and you can have your family back.

You know I love you, right?

Fine, to end the argument I will accept that they are saying that they want to release a console port of a title that they may or may not make.

But I was originally talking about what they will do, not what they are talking about. Tongue Cause I can't imagine a Frictional game on consoles...

-End mini flame war-
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2011, 08:25 AM by Spooder Wekd.)
01-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Website Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

It woudl be good if they could but this means more time needed more staff would be neccessary (if not would take longer), but i dont think they have the money to do this without taking a massive risk of being back to square one.
01-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Find
fudgehead1 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Is Amnesia should be AVAILABLE on consoles?

(12-16-2010, 06:36 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I say NO. When those console exclusive games are being developed for PC, then Amnesia might be considered.

I hate console owners wanting PC exclusive games for their consoles when they have a lot of exclusive games for them. When we PC gamers want a console exclusive game to be developed for PC, they never say "yes it should".

To sum up, when Heavy Rain comes to PC, then Amnesia goes to PS3.

games dont have to be exclusive to pc or any console, they only make exclusive games depending on who buys the rights first and how popular it's going to be, like I wanted that silent hill game only for wii but i dont have wii, and my computer is too slow for pc games
04-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Find
Pad Offline

Threads: 0

I say no for two reasons:

1) You don't need a super-computer to run Amnesia, I play it perfectly on my GeForce 8400M G and even at lower graphics the game is still good-looking. This means optimization.

2) Have Linux and Mac versions available.

If FG was to waste resources in porting to other systems, I'm afraid that we would loose this advantages. I wouldn't like that.
04-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4

I voted no, but not because any fanboy ideology.

Although I much prefer controllers to the mouse and keyboard (feel free to flame me) the way Amnesia's interface works would, imo, be awkward for a controller. For example, I think that carrying objects and opening doors, critical elements of Amnesia's gameplay, would be cumbersome and, as a result, detract from the immersion.

That being said, if a port was made which was compatible with a keyboard-mouse adapter it could work, although I don't think many people would be willing to buy one for the sake of playing a single game.

(12-18-2010, 07:31 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Now, it IS a reality that most of them actually ARE graphic whores, and if you have any objection to this statement then it's your decision, but walking around gaming forums, just for a bit, will make clear everything. There are people who don't satisfy even with the Kratos's model depth. There are people who like Crysis only because of it's graphic quality. And they're not rare. Yes, most of the gamers, mainstream is lack of the ability to see real art.

I see. A couple of people enjoy GOW and Crysis for their graphical quality, therefore all console gamers are graphic whores.

You're living in a world of stereotypes.

Besides, gaming forums only represent a minority of people. There are many purely offline gamers who would appreciate a game like Amnesia just as much as you and me.

(12-18-2010, 05:59 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: I love limbo but cant stand braid (its more like a chore to play) Braid is a simular game to limbo, has a cool time rewind feature... but the game is boring as hell

Hehe, Braid's one of my favourite games. I'm not committing ad hominen I'm just curious, did you understand the story?
04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

It probably wouldn't be worth it porting Amnesia to console. There is a large enough market for FG's games in the Windows/Mac/Linux demographic (as FG has stated in their blog) that they wouldn't need to worry about expanding into the console realm. Another thing to consider, however, is the cost to actually develop for consoles (you need to purchase special kits, apparently). With the time spent figuring out the code for EACH console, making the code 100% compatible with that console whilst overseeing problems and squashing bugs, it might just be better to focus on making an entirely new product for their already-established fan base (PC gamers).

I'm not inherently against a console port, it just doesn't seem worth the time/effort at this point. They're a small company with limited resources--they should stick with what they know works.

I'd be all for it if they could manage it...SO LONG as they made their games for PC's first. Playing a game like this with a pad would be completely awkward, so I'd stick with a mouse+keyboard personally.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2011, 06:39 PM by graykin.)
04-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Find