Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Should Amnesia be available for consoles?

I owned a PSP, I played all of the consoles since micro-genius. There are console exclusive games that I loved. I finished God of War 3 in one night one sit. Not even went to pee.

Console gamers or PC gamers, whatever. There is an undeniable big and growing mass out there which only cares for mindless action and super-uber-graphics. These people are console owners more than only-PC owners because console owners doesn't have a 'minimum/recommended system requirements'. I myself know a lot of old gamer who plays on console and says games must be played on consoles. I don't agree with them but it's personal taste and I don't have any objection to this.

But hey, you get my point? Next game: multi-platform, dumbed down engine & controls for console hardware. Unoptimized engine for PC, maybe bad controls, not if they're worked on for extra two months. A lot of unhappy PC gamer. Boost of pirating.

Next? Console exclusive. Which means I can never play it.

05-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Guys, everyone who's getting so damn offended over what Tanshaydar has said, pull the goddamn stick out of your ass, he's not being rude, he's debating a side of an issue, he has not once flamed you or otherwise said that your ideas are less legitimate then his, he has from his perspective, merely stated why he believes you are wrong.

Let's try to be a bit more civil shall we?
05-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(05-02-2011, 02:31 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Guys, everyone who's getting so damn offended over what Tanshaydar has said, pull the goddamn stick out of your ass, he's not being rude, he's debating a side of an issue, he has not once flamed you or otherwise said that your ideas are less legitimate then his, he has from his perspective, merely stated why he believes you are wrong.

I know it takes effort to actually read a thread but it might shed a little more insight. Wink He's not debating one side, he's debating every point posted by every person not matter what side they're on. I said it should be PC only, he made a retort of personal nature back at me. People argue consoles, he talks about how they are dumbed down. That's not arguing the topic, it's systematically arguing with just about everyone who posts on the thread.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011, 03:07 AM by gandalf91.)
05-02-2011, 03:06 AM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

I'm going to have to agree with Tanshaydar, people (not all) are clogging up the gaming industry with crazy first-person shooters and whatever mindless stuff they got going around.

05-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

I agree with him there too. (That's not the statement(s) of his that brought about all the hostility.)
05-02-2011, 03:12 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(05-02-2011, 03:06 AM)gandalf91 Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 02:31 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Guys, everyone who's getting so damn offended over what Tanshaydar has said, pull the goddamn stick out of your ass, he's not being rude, he's debating a side of an issue, he has not once flamed you or otherwise said that your ideas are less legitimate then his, he has from his perspective, merely stated why he believes you are wrong.

I know it takes effort to actually read a thread but it might shed a little more insight. Wink He's not debating one side, he's debating every point posted by every person not matter what side they're on. I said it should be PC only, he made a retort of personal nature back at me. People argue consoles, he talks about how they are dumbed down. That's not arguing the topic, it's systematically arguing with just about everyone who posts on the thread.

Well then I apologize, clearly I misunderstood or made an error in logic/judgment somewhere
05-02-2011, 03:16 AM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

I really don't want to mount the high horse in saying so, but I really think we should all just forget about it and move on. People have made excellent points on both sides. I've heard some ideas I hadn't thought of myself. Ultimately though, I stick to my original position. I'm not opposed to console variants on the basis of game mechanics, but I simply don't believe it would be profitable for Frictional.
05-02-2011, 03:23 AM
Find
benvereen Offline

Threads: 1

(05-02-2011, 03:23 AM)gandalf91 Wrote: I really don't want to mount the high horse in saying so, but I really think we should all just forget about it and move on. People have made excellent points on both sides. I've heard some ideas I hadn't thought of myself. Ultimately though, I stick to my original position. I'm not opposed to console variants on the basis of game mechanics, but I simply don't believe it would be profitable for Frictional.

THIS.

Amnesia is never coming to consoles. We can all be very sure of that. Not because it would have to be "dumbed down" for a dumber audience, but because it wouldn't be profitable (enough?). I think we can all agree that Frictional's effort (and money) would be better spent on new projects and not ports.

The video-game industry isn't what it used to be. I agree that most new games are geared towards a casual crowd. There are a lot of reasons for this. It's not because console gamers are necessarily dumb. However, this is another topic altogether.
05-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

I agree. I mentioned something like that earlier.

Frictional will stick with what works. They've had better than expected success so far and I don't think they're going to fix what's not broken. So I'm sure for at least the foreseeable future, we'll see solely PC releases from Frictional.
05-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Find
vergilmaycry Offline

Threads: 1

I'm glad to see that we saw this to such an accepting end. Smile Peace, love, and gaming, guys.
05-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Find