Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

You've killed us both
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: You've killed us both

Quote:I don't think The Shadow is a guardian. After all, Weyer managed to remove several orbs from their resting places without invoking the shadow.
It is. Weyer was just pretty strong person (spiritually/mentally) and thus was able to hold many Orbs.

Quote:I think it is a side effect of someone who is not skilled with the orb trying to use its power. It chased Agrippa when he first activated one, and daniel, but not Alexander, or Weyer.
It chased Agrippa? H, don't remember this one.
Regarding "using Orb's power". When Daniel first time saw it, he has NO idea what is this and how to "use " it. But Alexander knew and he has a plan & knowledge how to use it's power. But in the end, it's Daniel who were being chased by Guardian, not Alexander. Why?
The answer is simple: Orb exist to be used. But only by a person who has enough power to do so. Even an innocent child who touched the Orb can be killed by Shadow just because he is small and weak. It is not a matter of justice or sumtin, it's a "nature/balance force" as Alexander says.

Quote:Ending 2: Daniel lets Agrippa through the portal. He still hasn't faced what he has done, the shadow consumes him, and Alexander. Though in the end we hear Agrippa plead to Weyer to save Daniel, so we don't know for sure of daniels fate.
If Shadows kills Daniel HOW Ahrippa 7 Weyer saves him?
No answer.

Quote:Ending 3: Daniel places the blame for everything he has done on Alexander, and ruins Alexander's plans. He wants Alexander to pay for what he has made Daniel do. He breaks the portal, and the shadow consumes Alexander. Daniel feels as though he has received justice for what happened at the castle and the shadow retreats.
Alexander used first Orb's power (Agrippa's one) and NO Shadow was haunted him . Why? It supposed to. Now, he uses second Orb and NOW Shadows kills him.
Really? REALLY?
It makes no sense at all.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Find
thePyro13 Offline

Threads: 0

(01-13-2011, 01:15 PM)Kein Wrote:
Quote:I don't think The Shadow is a guardian. After all, Weyer managed to remove several orbs from their resting places without invoking the shadow.
It is. Weyer was just pretty strong person (spiritually/mentally) and thus was able to hold many Orbs.

I don't remember reading or hearing anything like that in the game. Where did it say this? And this could also be attributed to Weyers knowledge and skill with the orbs, Agrippa did state that Weyer had surpassed him as his student.

Quote:I think it is a side effect of someone who is not skilled with the orb trying to use its power. It chased Agrippa when he first activated one, and daniel, but not Alexander, or Weyer.
It chased Agrippa? H, don't remember this one.
Regarding "using Orb's power". When Daniel first time saw it, he has NO idea what is this and how to "use " it. But Alexander knew and he has a plan & knowledge how to use it's power. But in the end, it's Daniel who were being chased by Guardian, not Alexander. Why?
The answer is simple: Orb exist to be used. But only by a person who has enough power to do so. Even an innocent child who touched the Orb can be killed by Shadow just because he is small and weak. It is not a matter of justice or sumtin, it's a "nature/balance force" as Alexander says.

Agrippa talks about it in the letters he sends to alex(you can find them in the study, I think).

Daniel 'used' the orb just by touching it. The shadow chases him because he isn't powerful enough/doesn't know how to use it.

Like I said, I think the shadow didn't chase Alexander because he knew how to use the orb properly.

Quote:Ending 2: Daniel lets Agrippa through the portal. He still hasn't faced what he has done, the shadow consumes him, and Alexander. Though in the end we hear Agrippa plead to Weyer to save Daniel, so we don't know for sure of daniels fate.
If Shadows kills Daniel HOW Ahrippa 7 Weyer saves him?
No answer.

Aprigga and Weyer are on the other side of the portal. Who knows what's over there, it could be an immaterial realm. Weyer is capable of travelling through the cosmos with the orbs he possesses(as claimed by Agrippa), who knows what he is capable of. That and the fact that you(the player) are overhearing this conversation might suggest that Daniel is not quite dead yet. And may still be saved. In such a way similar to the fact the Agrippa was just a head, and yet has clearly survived.

Quote:Ending 3: Daniel places the blame for everything he has done on Alexander, and ruins Alexander's plans. He wants Alexander to pay for what he has made Daniel do. He breaks the portal, and the shadow consumes Alexander. Daniel feels as though he has received justice for what happened at the castle and the shadow retreats.
Alexander used first Orb's power (Agrippa's one) and NO Shadow was haunted him . Why? It supposed to. Now, he uses second Orb and NOW Shadows kills him.
Really? REALLY?
It makes no sense at all.

The shadow killed him because Daniel felt that he was the source of all his guilt. The shadow was still the one that Daniel had 'created' when he first used the orb.

Alexanders death has nothing to do with him using the orb, but with Daniel confronting him. After all, Alexander sent Daniel away so that he wouldn't lead the shadow to him.
01-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Quote:I don't remember reading or hearing anything like that in the game. Where did it say this? And this could also be attributed to Weyers knowledge and skill with the orbs, Agrippa did state that Weyer had surpassed him as his student.
Agrippa mentioned "weakness", story.PDF mentioned something similar afair. Not sure already,was awhile.

Quote:Daniel 'used' the orb just by touching it. The shadow chases him because he isn't powerful enough/doesn't know how to use it.

Like I said, I think the shadow didn't chase Alexander because he knew how to use the orb properly.
But Alexander get this knowledge from Agrippa. We all know that Agrippa knows ALOT about Orbs. Definitely, he KNOWS how it works and how to use it, but! The Shadow -- as you says -- chased him, that means he doesn't. WTF.
Do you see magic light of pure logic here? I do not.
*removes sunglasses*
Nope, still can't see.

Tho, this could explain why the second Shadow didn't chase Daniel for touching Agrippa's Orb. Since he got used to Orb's affection and now KNOW it well - he was able not just assemble it, but do it in right way and avoid attracting another Guardian.

Quote:Aprigga and Weyer are on the other side of the portal. Who knows what's over there, it could be an immaterial realm. Weyer is capable of travelling through the cosmos with the orbs he possesses(as claimed by Agrippa), who knows what he is capable of. That and the fact that you(the player) are overhearing this conversation might suggest that Daniel is not quite dead yet. And may still be saved. In such a way similar to the fact the Agrippa was just a head, and yet has clearly survived.
Exactly what I meant: pure speculation and theories. Everyone can make up his own story here. Weyer is A merlin just in different body and different name, etc, etc

Quote:The shadow killed him because Daniel felt that he was the source of all his guilt.
Now that's funny. Since when Shadow is a Daniel's dog?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Find
thePyro13 Offline

(01-14-2011, 11:53 AM)Kein Wrote:
Quote:Daniel 'used' the orb just by touching it. The shadow chases him because he isn't powerful enough/doesn't know how to use it.

But Alexander get this knowledge from Agrippa. We all know that Agrippa knows ALOT about Orbs. Definitely, he KNOWS how it works and how to use it, but! The Shadow -- as you says -- chased him, that means he doesn't. WTF.
Do you see magic light of pure logic here? I do not.
*removes sunglasses*
Nope, still can't see.

Tho, this could explain why the second Shadow didn't chase Daniel for touching Agrippa's Orb. Since he got used to Orb's affection and now KNOW it well - he was able not just assemble it, but do it in right way and avoid attracting another Guardian.

One of the notes written by Alexander speak of him wanting to return to the other side. Agrippa had never made it through the portal. Only Weyer and apparently Alexander. It's possible(maybe implied by the portrait of cthulhu Alexander) that Alexander originates from the other side of the portal in the first place. He talks of being banished from there.

Quote:Aprigga and Weyer are on the other side of the portal. Who knows what's over there, it could be an immaterial realm. Weyer is capable of travelling through the cosmos with the orbs he possesses(as claimed by Agrippa), who knows what he is capable of. That and the fact that you(the player) are overhearing this conversation might suggest that Daniel is not quite dead yet. And may still be saved. In such a way similar to the fact the Agrippa was just a head, and yet has clearly survived.
Exactly what I meant: pure speculation and theories. Everyone can make up his own story here. Weyer is A merlin just in different body and different name, etc, etc

Yeah. Most of the stuff in amnesia is like that, these are all just possibilities after all. Though I find it fun to try and dissect the small information that we have to figure out what some of the less solid clues could be referring to.

Quote:The shadow killed him because Daniel felt that he was the source of all his guilt.
Now that's funny. Since when Shadow is a Daniel's dog?

Based on my earlier assertion of the Shadows behaviour being related to Daniels sense of guilt. The above behaviour would make sense.

Otherwise, who knows? Tongue
01-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Find
ChrisR91 Offline

Threads: 1

Quick question, are any of you fond of the usual break into ancient chambers and steal artifacts with severe consequences? Algeria happens to be a neighbor country of the most famous for this, Egypt.
01-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Quote:One of the notes written by Alexander speak of him wanting to return to the other side. Agrippa had never made it through the portal. Only Weyer and apparently Alexander. It's possible(maybe implied by the portrait of cthulhu Alexander) that Alexander originates from the other side of the portal in the first place. He talks of being banished from there.
I failed to see how it's related to the quote you were answering to.

Quote:Yeah. Most of the stuff in amnesia is like that, these are all just possibilities after all. Though I find it fun to try and dissect the small information that we have to figure out what some of the less solid clues could be referring to.
My theory about Merlin sounds more awesum btw
Let's stick with this one.

Quote:Based on my earlier assertion of the Shadows behaviour being related to Daniels sense of guilt. The above behaviour would make sense.
Mm.. no?
Guardian was chasing Daniel since the excavation place. His intentions was to destroy Daniel. Sorry, your theory makes no sense at all, because at that moment Daniel had no guilt.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Find
thePyro13 Offline

(01-15-2011, 12:48 PM)Kein Wrote:
Quote:One of the notes written by Alexander speak of him wanting to return to the other side. Agrippa had never made it through the portal. Only Weyer and apparently Alexander. It's possible(maybe implied by the portrait of cthulhu Alexander) that Alexander originates from the other side of the portal in the first place. He talks of being banished from there.
I failed to see how it's related to the quote you were answering to.

My point was that Alexander may know more about the orbs than Agrippa, and if he does originate from the other side of the portal, then he probably is pretty proficient with them. Maybe that's why he hasn't unleashed a shadow himself.

Quote:Yeah. Most of the stuff in amnesia is like that, these are all just possibilities after all. Though I find it fun to try and dissect the small information that we have to figure out what some of the less solid clues could be referring to.
My theory about Merlin sounds more awesum btw
Let's stick with this one.

I do like the Merlin theory, Agrippa said that Weyer should be "the greatest man in history". Perhaps his exploits are so unbelievable that he was passed off as a myth or the legend of Merlin(And possibly many other magical/spiritual figures)?

Quote:Based on my earlier assertion of the Shadows behaviour being related to Daniels sense of guilt. The above behaviour would make sense.
Mm.. no?
Guardian was chasing Daniel since the excavation place. His intentions was to destroy Daniel. Sorry, your theory makes no sense at all, because at that moment Daniel had no guilt.

Some of the loading screens seemed to imply that daniel had a lot to feel guilty for in his life, even before he found the orb. Leaving a loved one behind, attacking a friend when they were children. He even seemed impartial to Henry murdering one of his friends in order to get the map in the first place.

Which is what made me think it was related to guilt in the first place. Since the loading screens specifically imply that Daniel has done some bad things in his past.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2011, 06:43 AM by thePyro13.)
01-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Quote:My point was that Alexander may know more about the orbs than Agrippa, and if he does originate from the other side of the portal, then he probably is pretty proficient with them. Maybe that's why he hasn't unleashed a shadow himself.
No, he didn't. Have you tried to visit his room in Chancel? There is a note about his failure with Orb, he failed. He didn't know much about him, thats' why he held Agrippa. Consider teh fact that almighty Weyer knows almost everything about the Orbs (he has many) and was the apprentice of Agrippa - that just proves how precious Agrippa was (and how much he knew).

Quote:I do like the Merlin theory, Agrippa said that Weyer should be "the greatest man in history". Perhaps his exploits are so unbelievable that he was passed off as a myth or the legend of Merlin(And possibly many other magical/spiritual figures)?
Well, yeah, but it should be vice versa, since 6 century was BEFORE 149x.

Quote:Some of the loading screens seemed to imply that daniel had a lot to feel guilty for in his life, even before he found the orb. Leaving a loved one behind, attacking a friend when they were children. He even seemed impartial to Henry murdering one of his friends in order to get the map in the first place.
Okay, I get it.
PLEASE NO SILENT-HILL LIKE THEORIES HERE. Daniel != James Sanderland. No guild and sorrow produces monsters/alternate reality here. Guradian is a nature/life force. He don't bloody care if you are guilt in sumtin (STEALING COOKIES, bug deal, death sentence!) or not. He just kilsl you if you touch the Orb. Simple as that.

Have you ever read HPL stories? It's "old-skool" horror, it does not work like the modern one.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2011, 11:21 AM by Kein.)
01-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

i see the problem here, you are assuming that the shadow is acctually after daniel, the truth is, it probably isnt, it just wants the orb, the only people who say it is after daniel personally, is alexander, and then daniel after being told by alexander, the shadow never acctually says it is after daniel, we only know it wants the orb,

revenge ending, the portal is destroyed and aexander is killed along with daniel, the shadow wants the orb, alexander has it, easiest way to retrieve it, kill alexander and take it, doesnt need to kill daniel, he doesn't have the orb, he is just there, so the shadow lets him go, for example, if i want to get from island a to island b, why would i first travel to island c if i can travel straight from a to b faster?

let alexander go ending, alexander leaves, presumably with the orb, so daniel takes on the role of all the people that he met after obtaining the orb, you know, the ones the shadow kills, he becomes another stepping stone, so the shadow kills him, and is now unable to get the orb back from alexander,

free aggrippa ending, aggrippa goes through portal, presumably with orb, this leaves alexander and daniel with the shadow, same a let alexander go ending, except this time alexander also becomes a step to the orb, but after whatever happens to daniel, whether he is killed by the shadow or saved prior to by aggrippa or weyer is irrelevant, weyer can save him no matter what happened after aggrippa escaped, so now we have aggripa, weyer and daniel safe on the other side with the orb while alexander takes his place among the path of dead bodies that leads to the corpse.

does this makes sense? it is just how i understand it, if you can find any resonable flaws please tell me, because it makes sense to me, and just to re-illiterate, just because alexander and daniel say the shadow is after daniel, doesnt make it so.
(01-16-2011, 11:20 AM)Kein Wrote: Guradian is a nature/life force. He don't bloody care if you are guilt in sumtin (STEALING COOKIES, bug deal, death sentence!) or not. He just kilsl you if you touch the Orb. Simple as that.

i think you over simplified it a wee bit there...
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2011, 04:21 PM by Zoridium JackL.)
01-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Find
Lodestone Offline

Hypothesis: There never was a Shadow. That was a lie that Alexander used in order to trick Daniel into bringing him the Orb, and to manipulate Daniel into doing his bidding.

OK, then, if Alexander just wanted the Orb, why didn't he just kill Daniel and take it while Daniel was in England?

The orb grants power to whoever wields it. Daniel posessed the orb while in England, so Alexander couldn't overpower Daniel. Daniel's contacts, however, had no Orb, so Alexander could kill them. Alexander kills Daniel's friends to make him feel isolated and vulnerable, then offers him protection at Brennenburg Castle.

Why didn't Alexander kill Daniel after he got the Orb?

Alexander didn't kill Daniel because he realized Daniel was useful to him---he needed an assistant. Daniel helped him to do kidnappings and torture rituals to produce the vitae that extended Alexander's life, which Alexander claimed was "warding rituals" for the Shadow. Alexander was too busy trying to open the portal to do the rituals himself.

What was the red goo in Brennenburg?

While in Brennenburg, Alexander has the Orb. He also knows how to use the Orb. The red goo is a conjuration used by Alexander to scare Daniel into doing anything that Alexander wants him to do. Later it's used to stop Daniel from getting to the Inner Sanctum. Notice how the red goo first appears when Alexander and Daniel perform the first ritual with the Orb, not before. Also, the goo consistently tries to stop Daniel from proceeding after Daniel drinks the Amnesia drink.

Why does the red goo kill both Daniel and Alexander in one of the endings?

The red goo is conjured by Alexander with the power of the Orb. When Alexander loses the Orb, he becomes less powerful and loses control of the red goo. The goo then kills them both.

Why does the red goo disappear when Daniel stops Alexander in another ending?

The goo disappears because the Orb has been destroyed by Daniel. When the Orb is destroyed, the goo goes with it (and so does Alexander).
01-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Find