Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Notch bought Amnesia!
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Notch bought Amnesia!

Minecraft is a fun game

its a survival sandbox game, nothing fancy, its a game that gets down to the basics and flaunts its simple design, i find it boring after a few hours but I come back to it to make something new

it shouldnt be compared to a level designer for people with no skill, its not in the same boat, its basicly a game of lego... lego thats going to kill you...

now is lego a failure of a product?
12-31-2010, 11:42 AM
Find
Niklas Offline

Threads: 9

Someone Close this bevor we get a flamewar.
12-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(12-30-2010, 06:21 PM)Sel Wrote: The game is nothing more than a poor man's level editor for people who lack the patience, or intelligence to learn to create their own worlds via a proper means.

The fact that this even fills a niche should be depressing.

Really? Because I find the creative mode of minecraft incredibly boring, it is JUST building. (IE: what you claim the entire game to be about) I like the exploration, the mining for ore so you can make stuff. I like making a fortress so I can survive and sometimes leaving the door open so I can kick some zombie ass. I like to farm and play online with my friends and co-workers so we can do it all together. Can you do that in a level editor?

I design videogames, so I do not lack the knowledge or skill to use a level editor. Hell, I have written level editors. (cause im a programmer, i dont got time to make all the levels for my games)

Can ya shut up now, pal?
01-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Website Find
Som1Lse Offline

Threads: 9

(12-31-2010, 09:18 PM)Niklas Wrote: Someone Close this bevor we get a flamewar.
(01-01-2011, 12:51 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: Can ya shut up now, pal?
*facepalm*

Anyway people like different kinds of games as already stated.
Some like to build. Others like to have a challenge.
Some like to be scared. Others like to think.

People are just different.

And yeah lets end this before we get a flamewar.
01-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Website Find
DIGI Byte Offline

[Image: fuuuuuuu.png]

I kidd Big Grin
'Someone else' said a good answer, notch bought amnesia, good for him and its publicity for amnesia in a way, I nod my head and walk away from this thread before someone starts yelling for real.
01-01-2011, 03:04 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I'm sure the overwhelming goodness of some posters can bring this around to a productive and fun thread.

For myself, I read "lego thats going to kill you..." and really, that's fricking awesome. I loved legos, I love building things on my own, the exploration of caverns below and mountains above, gathering rare items and crafting awesome buildings and gear with it, with the danger of nighttime and creepers to keep up the tension...Yeah, it's a fine game. If you need goals or a pre-existing* plot to enjoy a game, then yeah, it's not for you.

*remember when role-playing games were about making your own stories, alone or with friends, instead of riding the linear plot roller coaster?
01-01-2011, 04:57 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

(01-01-2011, 04:57 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: *remember when role-playing games were about making your own stories, alone or with friends, instead of riding the linear plot roller coaster?

Aah the good 'ol days. There are still games like that out there, though. Stalker series comes to mind, Fallout to a lesser extent. I don't really consider linear games RPGs because you cannot assume a role if there are no choices to be made. The newest Final Fantasy game is a great example. Not really an RPG, more of a strategy adventure game...
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011, 07:04 PM by Spooder Wekd.)
01-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Website Find
Sel Offline

(01-01-2011, 12:51 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: I like to farm

Glad you're enjoying your skinner box

and play online with my friends and co-workers so we can do it all together. Can you do that in a level editor?

Yes, it's called collaboration over the internet.

I design videogames

[Image: applause.gif]
01-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(01-01-2011, 09:13 PM)Sel Wrote:
(01-01-2011, 12:51 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: I like to farm

Glad you're enjoying your skinner box

and play online with my friends and co-workers so we can do it all together. Can you do that in a level editor?

Yes, it's called collaboration over the internet.

I design videogames

[Image: applause.gif]

The fact that your avatar is a promotional photograph of the worst musical performer in recent history does not help your position. Mocking Spooder also does nothing to help your point when his argument is actually very logical.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
01-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Website Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Sorry Sel, I have to agree with lee, nothing personal :S
01-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Find