Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Unfortunate Event BETA V 1.02 (UPDATE 5JAN 2011)
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The Unfortunate Event BETA V 1.02 (UPDATE 5JAN 2011)

'LoneWolf'

hey your map is scary and good, keep up the good work and please correct chemical part.

pay no attention to those who trolls the threadBig Grin
01-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Find
Ichimaruu Offline

Threads: 2

(01-17-2011, 08:02 PM)Sel Wrote: No screenshots, and a B movie title, what exactly is my motivation to give this a go?

Okay, I don't think you grasp the concept of what a "troll" is. If you really don't want to play this map then there's really nothing stopping you, but I'll go ahead and point out that you don't need to shove it in someone's face when you don't like their idea, at least next time remember to give constructive criticism.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2011, 10:57 PM by Ichimaruu.)
01-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(01-17-2011, 10:55 PM)Ichimaruu Wrote: Okay, I don't think you grasp the concept of what a "troll" is. If you really don't want to play this map then there's really nothing stopping you, but I'll go ahead and point out that you don't need to shove it in someone's face when you don't like their idea, at least next time remember to give constructive criticism.

Where in his post did he indicate that he didn't like the 'idea'?

The B-movie comment was unnecessary, as it could be applied for nearly EVERY single custom story title in this forum Big Grin

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
01-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Find
Ichimaruu Offline

Threads: 2

(01-17-2011, 11:12 PM)Frontcannon Wrote:
(01-17-2011, 10:55 PM)Ichimaruu Wrote: Okay, I don't think you grasp the concept of what a "troll" is. If you really don't want to play this map then there's really nothing stopping you, but I'll go ahead and point out that you don't need to shove it in someone's face when you don't like their idea, at least next time remember to give constructive criticism.

Where in his post did he indicate that he didn't like the 'idea'?

The B-movie comment was unnecessary, as it could be applied for nearly EVERY single custom story title in this forum Big Grin

Cut idea with word of choice Tongue
01-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Find
Sel Offline

(01-17-2011, 09:37 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Well if this community is this harsh then i will 100% not ever release more.

Wahhhhh someone said something negative about my work I better stop forever !!!

i specifically asked for feedback as i was not sure if i should continue or not.

Why would we even want to give you feedback on your map, when you immediately throw a tantrum when we give you feedback on your thread.

Also like i said i had images up but i took them down because i didnt want them up.

So update them with new ones ???

Stop flattering yourself... its annoying. Why do you post here in this thread? What your sayign is if i put up some photos of amnesia it will attract people to play?

That is exactly what I'm saying, and with 4 years of experience in level design and 3d art it's pretty safe to say I know what I'm talking about.

(if i was showign off a new game then yes i would 100% but what have i to show off? alot of the map is dark and i dont want to spoil scenes.)

There's some serious flaws in your level design if you can't find a single thing to take a picture of.

I am not complaining about having '15' people play my story i am simply saying that i feel that i shouldnt continue because i feel that there is no point spending hours making somehting which i dont feel is being appreciated.

Appreciation and respect are earned, you do not immediately deserve them just because you spent hours working on something, and chances are, with your attitude you won't get much of either if you keep this shit up.

Responses in red.

Constructive criticism huh, you mean say the exact same thing I said, except sugar coat it so that lonewolf doesn't cry because my feedback had nothing positive to say about his mod/thread?

Sorry, I don't play that game, I'm going to tell you what you are doing wrong, and I'm not going to sugar coat it. If you can't take it, you can cry about it, continue to do things wrong, and suck because of it. It's not my problem, and if this is the kind of garbage I get in return when I'm trying to be helpful I'm not going to waste my time helping you again. So have fun, I'm done here.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2011, 11:22 PM by Sel.)
01-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

This thread is getting a little out of hand.

As for Sel... I am not throwing a tantrum. You didnt give me feedback on the 'story' and if you dont like the story then i would have liked to know how to improve, that was the whole point of asking for feedback.

Yes it would be nice to put photos up but i didnt think it would impact on how many people played the story. Also By me saying i would stop making custom stories becaus ei dont feel there being appreciated... What im saying is that i am busy i have to study and i dont want to give up spare time level editing if im no good at it or if not many actually try it. I have made more maps that what is in the story. But right now im a bit bored of scripting and level editing for now and with that and the studying and lack of free time i dont want to continue for now.

I do respect that you know what your saying but its annoying when you tell me that if i dotn put up images my story isnt interesting. Yes it may help but if i had alot of good feedback then others would be tempted to try it dont you think? if i had images up and had bad feedback then i think others may be thrown off, atleast some would be.

Also thanks for the support guys Smile really appreciate it. I am thinking of fixing the current issue and continueing with the story some time in the future. Once again sorry for the current issue. The other half of the story you cannot play has platforming and a chase scene Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2011, 01:44 PM by LoneWolf.)
01-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

Pictures in the thread do not influence how we play the story but it makes us want to play if they are decent. That simple. Smile
01-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Find
Sel Offline

(01-18-2011, 01:36 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: I do respect that you know what your saying but its annoying when you tell me that if i dotn put up images my story isnt interesting.

Except I'm not saying anything about your story.

Tottel pretty much summed it up.
01-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

No screenshots, and a B movie title, what exactly is my motivation to give this a go?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your comment, which makes it clear that you arnt interested in playing it.
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Find
Sel Offline

Yes but that is the fault your thread not your story.
01-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Find