Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Funny Dead Space 2 Add
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Funny Dead Space 2 Add

This ad hurts 'our' image because it's advertising a 17+ game as appealing because it scares your mom. Is it a selling point for legal adults that a game is too upsetting for little old ladies? It's borderline immoral because it seems to be catering to an audience legally underage to buy/play it, at a time when the self-moderation of games is being reviewed by the US Supreme Court. Thanks EA, but you're not helping.
01-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I liked how Dead Space served the violence and gore. It was not like something "The Hill Have Eyes" or "Hostel" or "Saw". It has something different that I liked. I watched those movies without any censor btw.

Mom hates thing is stupid, maybe stupidest way to put this. I didn't like it. This ad decreased the value of the game for me.

01-18-2011, 01:19 AM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I think it's hilarious but also it doesn't convince me to buy DS2 at all. I played the original and hated it. I might like the new one if the controls don't suck a big turd, but whatever.

The odd thing is that it's supposed to be a horror game but none of them are screaming. Just grossed out.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
01-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Website Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

Look at this! the monsters on my games are disgusting and scare the shit out of old women! this means this is totally awesome!

lol...
01-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(01-18-2011, 02:17 PM)Lee Wrote: The odd thing is that it's supposed to be a horror game but none of them are screaming. Just grossed out.

That's hilariously true. Unfortunately. I'm looking forward to this game (the controls do suck ass) though.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
01-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Find
GrayChild Offline

"I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I'll go for the gross-out. I'm not proud. "
— Stephen King

The first Dead Space, while kinda fun as a game, failed on the horror front with its cheap scares and the over 9000 beheading animations which got boring after an hour. This one looks just as lame and childish.
I honestly don't understand how DS is more respected than Siren, Fatal Frame, Call of Cthulhu or Amnesia.
01-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(01-20-2011, 02:03 PM)GrayChild Wrote: I honestly don't understand how DS is more respected than Siren, Fatal Frame, Call of Cthulhu or Amnesia.

Because Dead Space is much more a mainstream game than games you counted. Siren and Fatal Frame exclusive games and people who don't own a console, like me, don't have a chance to try them.

Cthulhu and Amnesia doesn't provide the action that Dead Space provided, though people who are fanboys of Black OPS'ish games didn't like Dead Space as well.

You can see topics like "I got bored after 5 minutes" of playing Amnesia, and these people claim to be gamer, while they are nothing more than Plato's caveman. So, trying to understand them will not provide anything useful, that is, unless you want to put a pure action game which has no story and implemented for 10 years old head-shooters.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM by Tanshaydar.)
01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Website Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

Dead space was ok. It was a bit like system shock, which I liked.

But it's one of these ones where the first one is good so big money gets behind it and leeches it for a sequel. Games are being used like movies more and more. The publishers know that if they pump enough advertising into it enough people will be compelled to buy it regardless of content.

Just like anything that was ever good and then ruined by a sequel.
01-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

(01-20-2011, 08:16 PM)mattwestwick Wrote: Dead space was ok. It was a bit like system shock, which I liked.

But it's one of these ones where the first one is good so big money gets behind it and leeches it for a sequel. Games are being used like movies more and more. The publishers know that if they pump enough advertising into it enough people will be compelled to buy it regardless of content.

Just like anything that was ever good and then ruined by a sequel.

And that happens because people buy the games one way or another.

I mean, Call of Duty isn't a bad game, but after MW it does not have anything really new, you know, it's just more of the same over and over... But it still sells A LOT. just an example.

Now go and say this to a COD fanboy... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2011, 11:34 PM by kailip.)
01-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

The topic is shifting slightly, but that also reminds me of the sports games that are virtually unchanged but still released every year.
01-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Find