Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia Speedrun - game beaten in half an hour
Mexxi Offline

Threads: 3
Amnesia Speedrun - game beaten in half an hour

Just found this excellent speedrun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_...5SSFBVw8iE

The runner improved it from 48 minutes to 33, even though it looks like his timing is a little off.
02-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Find
pedritti Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia Speedrun - game beaten in half an hour

Lol this guy is defying the very notion and principle this game was built on.
I believe the guys at frictional would cry seeing a fool like this playing. but oh well people do like to show off and win even when it doesn't mean anything.
02-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Find
Nerfed Offline

I'm quite sure that he played through the game normally quite a few times.

The only way to speedrun through this game is to not get scared, and the only way to do that is by playing the game a lot and learning all the scripted events, etc.
02-12-2011, 05:43 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

Hey what was the deal in the cistern where you just walked on thin air to get across without lowering the bridge?
02-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

I have no idea, I've always wondered how people did that.

He didn't avoid getting captured, that would have shaved a minute at least from his run.

Very nice overall.

02-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Find
Tintin Offline

Threads: 4

Wowers, that's fast! I took 16 hours to complete the game. That said, I played it very thoroughly and hid in the shadows and sat next to candles and torches very often to regain Daniel's sanity.
02-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Find
pedritti Offline

(02-12-2011, 06:35 AM)Tintin Wrote: Wowers, that's fast! I took 16 hours to complete the game. That said, I played it very thoroughly and hid in the shadows and sat next to candles and torches very often to regain Daniel's sanity.

I never understood people saying that.
I never regained sanity. even if i spent 5 minutes near light
The only situation in which i regained sanity without completing events was when i was "..."
02-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(02-12-2011, 06:12 AM)GraphicsKid Wrote: Hey what was the deal in the cistern where you just walked on thin air to get across without lowering the bridge?

Check my sig, click "3". I guess he used my trick but I'm not sure, I haven't watched the video yet.

Almost every puzzle can be avoided by "jump-thru-the-wall" glitches, I've found a lot of them while was recording my videos. Also, it is possible to get to the room with engine in 1st Chancel, but it's useless, because there are TWO different Chancels with diff scripts.
Hmm... actually, he could some save when you need to spill some blood on the altars.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2011, 09:10 AM by Kein.)
02-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

(02-12-2011, 05:21 AM)pedritti Wrote: Lol this guy is defying the very notion and principle this game was built on.
I believe the guys at frictional would cry seeing a fool like this playing. but oh well people do like to show off and win even when it doesn't mean anything.
Boo hoo, even if he did play the game JUST to speedrun it, which is unlikely, what does it really matter?

Speedruns are just a personal challenge, and it's cool to see the ways people do things when the primary objective isn't to have fun. There are some INSANE quake one speedruns out there.
02-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Find
Mexxi Offline

Threads: 3

(02-12-2011, 05:21 AM)pedritti Wrote: Lol this guy is defying the very notion and principle this game was built on.

you apparently have never heard of speedruns. it's a whole scene on its own and it has nothing to do with how the game is actually being played for enjoyment, but just how fast you can run through it once you know it. this requires vast knowledge of the game. you can be sure that this guy spent more time in the dungeons sneaking around to develop strategies than you did.

(02-12-2011, 08:58 AM)Kein Wrote: Check my sig, click "3". I guess he used my trick but I'm not sure, I haven't watched the video yet.

he didn't. i sent him your video though in the hope that he could speed up the cistern part.
02-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Find