Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

It's Out!!
Evil_Muska Offline

Threads: 2
RE: It's Out!!

Thomas Wrote:I checked with Strategy First and it should not be available for download until tomorrow.

Well that's funny because I was playing it all last night! Big Grin
It SAYS preorder, but when I got done paying for it it gave me a download link containing a small downloader program.
After that was done (in about 1-2 seconds) I ran the program and started my download. I dunno, maybe they fixed it after I finished.
I promise I won't leak anything that's happened sofar. Tongue
03-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Find
DukeIt Offline

Lucky you eh?!
03-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Find
Evil_Muska Offline

DukeIt Wrote:Lucky you eh?!

Yeah, I feel special.... again! Big Grin
03-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Find
Magus Offline

Threads: 1

Evil_Muska Wrote:
Thomas Wrote:I checked with Strategy First and it should not be available for download until tomorrow.

It SAYS preorder, but when I got done paying for it it gave me a download link containing a small downloader program.
After that was done (in about 1-2 seconds) I ran the program and started my download. I dunno, maybe they fixed it after I finished.

Nope. I just did the same exact thing. When you pre-order with Strategy First you're suppose to get a free game and I'm guessing that someone messed up and put up the download to penumbra instead of Star Fury (the free game).
03-30-2007, 03:09 AM
Find
phantomlord2oo Offline

Magus Wrote:
Evil_Muska Wrote:

Nope.  I just did the same exact thing.  When you pre-order with Strategy First you're suppose to get a free game and I'm guessing that someone messed up and put up the download to penumbra instead of Star Fury (the free game).

Here's an excerpt from a e-mail that Strategy First mailed me after I ordered.

"Additional Product Information:
Penumbra: Overture Episode 1 (Download) [292MB] <pre-order> - Thank you for your pre-order of Penumbra: Overture Episode 1.
Please note that the game will be released on the 30th of March 2007, at which time you will be capable of downloading the title. On that date you will receive a further Email with instructions on how to download Starfury for free."

So, from my understanding of this, I'll get an e-mail tomorrow about how to download Starfury (the free game).

As soon as my preorder was placed, they gave me a link to download a program that would download the Penumbra setup file. So putting 1 and 1 together they probably forgot to withdraw the download link from the order confirmation page or had it set up for the launch date and I got sent to the wrong page or didn't care about the launch date and released it early. Either way, I'm not complaining. I could have waited the 2 days for the release but getting it early was really awsome! I'm loving it and I can't wait for the next episodes!
03-30-2007, 03:27 AM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

it's the 30th here and i still can't get it
Why do I have to live higher up in the timezone chain
03-30-2007, 03:55 AM
Find
xbolt Offline

Well, it's the 30th. So I go to order it, and I find that the North American release isn't until May 1st? Sad
03-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Oh wow, that's just evil. ._. And why does america even have to wait another day? So evil...

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Find
stamm Offline

Threads: 0

got mine downloaded from strategy first.

played the demo and sort of liked it, thought i would support this small developer.
03-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

stamm Wrote:got mine downloaded from strategy first.

played the demo and sort of liked it, thought i would support this small developer.

Hope you will enjoy the full game and thanks for the support Smile
03-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Find