Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: White Night - Total Conversion

Thanks kman, I'll look into that.

Also, people with nVidia cards, I just read a comment on ModDB page:
Quote:i had the same problem after i installed the new 285.62 drivers for my GTX 560TI, my games textures had strange black shadows on them, not only amnesia, a bunch of other games too. It was really annoying so i ended up re-installing my old ones 275.33. Now i'll wait for a better drivers release before changing them. I don't know if that is the problem but, Tanshaydar you should ask the people with the problem if they have those drivers installed.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011, 02:21 AM by Tanshaydar.)
11-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Website Find
Puriel Offline

Threads: 0

I'm stuck at the very beginning of the game. After you have the flashback to the conversation with the Doctor theres that room to the left with a rat in it that looks like you drop into from above but every time I enter the room the whole game just "Unexpectedly quits". I've tried moving files around etc but it doesn't seem to affect anything. I'm running it on Steam on Mac.

Update: I think I know what the problem is, it looks like theres supposed to be a letter on the table that isn't loading. Thats the only difference I see and so far I've only had this problem in this room.

Update 11/5: Finally had steam do a file integrity check on Amnesia and found 164 files missing. After they wear replaced everything worked fine except that the enemies looked off. Like the texture wasn't fully loading for them but I assumed thats just from me playing with the files before.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011, 04:31 AM by Puriel.)
11-05-2011, 02:36 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Everything said, space bomber is in equal footing as white night. Tongue

Now seriously, is there any other game you made like space bomber?

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011, 12:16 AM by nemesis567.)
11-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(11-05-2011, 02:36 AM)Puriel Wrote: Update 11/5: Finally had steam do a file integrity check on Amnesia and found 164 files missing. After they wear replaced everything worked fine except that the enemies looked off. Like the texture wasn't fully loading for them but I assumed thats just from me playing with the files before.

You always could do a re-install for White Night. That would fix everything.
But I'm glad you solved the issue with the main game.

(11-07-2011, 12:02 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: Everything said, space bomber is in equal footing as white night. Tongue

You actually took your time and found it? Seriously, wow.
Actually there is one, and it's about to be completed, an imitation of Pang game. A teaser can be found here.
There was one other game I was working on. It was going to be a browser/rail shooter game. I made a teaser but then my laptop died. I didn't continue the development.

11-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Website Find
madkeim Offline

Threads: 1

I just finished it, I won't be original, this is great!
I liked the story, the scares, the puzzles, the atmosphere... that's all we need!
The environments and musics give something fresh and unusual to your custom story, I appreciated that a lot.
So congrats for your work! Smile

My souncloud page : http://soundcloud.com/madkeim
11-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

I'm glad you enjoyed it a lot. Would you mind taking your time a little and wrote what you got from story? I'm curious if there's someone who completely get the story the way I wrote it.

11-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

(11-07-2011, 05:25 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(11-07-2011, 12:02 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: Everything said, space bomber is in equal footing as white night. Tongue

You actually took your time and found it? Seriously, wow.

Actually there is one, and it's about to be completed, an imitation of Pang game. A teaser can be found here.

There was one other game I was working on. It was going to be a browser/rail shooter game. I made a teaser but then my laptop died. I didn't continue the development.
The troll hunter is awesome.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
11-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Find
madkeim Offline

Threads: 1

(11-07-2011, 08:31 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I'm glad you enjoyed it a lot. Would you mind taking your time a little and wrote what you got from story? I'm curious if there's someone who completely get the story the way I wrote it.
I don't think I really understood the story actually. It's pretty complicated and maybe I didn't focused enough. I felt there was a real story beneath it though. It's all about mental disorder, people with multiple personalities, dissociation, hallucinations and stuffs. Considering that, reality becomes an abstract concept (the note near bathtubs explains that very well), everything is pretty much possible!
I felt I was sofia's toy, but I am not even sure she really exists! I am not sure I was crazy or on drugs.
In fact, I am as much confused as David, and for me it's a good thing. It shows you managed to bring me in david's skin, that's also why it's difficult to figure it out, to be objective. I don't mind not understanding everything here, I enjoyed myself anyway.
If I play it again, I'll try to focus more in the story. But If you want to give explanations on the storyline I am interested! Smile

My souncloud page : http://soundcloud.com/madkeim
11-08-2011, 05:37 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(11-08-2011, 05:37 AM)madkeim Wrote: Considering that, reality becomes an abstract concept (the note near bathtubs explains that very well), everything is pretty much possible!

Well, I'm glad you got the very idea. Everyone gets their own interpretation on story, which is a good thing I think.
I'm glad you enjoyed Smile

11-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Website Find
Tiero Offline

Threads: 13

When the russian version? >:o

[Image: 111.jpg]
11-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Website Find