Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: White Night - Total Conversion - (New Teaser & Screen)

(09-19-2011, 05:48 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: I wish I had the diligence of you Tanshaydar. Once I finish something I'm like MUST RELEASE TO PUBLIC.
And then you loose the one chance to release a flawless decent content.

(I'm not telling anyone that any of his mods are bad because that's not for myself to evaluate.)

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2011, 10:21 PM by nemesis567.)
09-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I sometimes wait for patches before play anything, so that chance can still be there Tongue

09-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(09-19-2011, 06:35 PM)ManiacGamingHD Wrote: And I already planned that my story must contains Atleast 50 maps Big Grin

... Don't do that. I don't even think the main game has that many maps. You'll most likely end up repeating areas, puzzle, scares, etc. And unless you make a custom story that's like 3 times better than the original the player will most likely get bored. I'd say at most have 20 maps but that's even pushing it. Not trying to be mean, just trying to give you some advice Smile

Posting Freak
09-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

I have 11 maps in total in WN.

09-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Website Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

Tanshaydar, I have to say I admire your dedication. It is very hard to stay motivated when making such a lengthy mod, and I'm glad you are nearing completion. Keep it up! You have paved the way for many modern mods!

And, 11 quality maps is quite a feat. It's easy to make a bunch of maps, but making them all feel worthwhile is quite a task.

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
09-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Thanks for the kind words Smile

When I first started to this, it was not a big thing and I was building a custom story that would only have a story. However, I wanted it to be in modern times, and I was dissatisfied with the look of it, as I explained in interview with more detail.

I did not stay motivated for most of the times. However, after a while (in March) this got so big that I couldn't left it alone. I said "it's too big to turn back now". So that kept me going on.

Most of the times I just sit and think about how to design and build the map. I said I went to some asylums, however I was not allowed to enter and see further. So most of the time it's left to my imagination, and other movies/games. So, it is often hard to design a realistic asylum. I believe I managed it for most of the maps, however some of the places will seem... wrong? So it is not easy for me to design bunch of maps Tongue I took a different path from the first design. There would be operation rooms to be explored and story was to be evolved around them; however then I couldn't come up with some good operation rooms/wards design (and also assets); so I decided to change the path and story.

Detailing the maps is another issue. More details = more props = more demanding.

09-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Website Find
ManiacGamingHD Offline

Threads: 0
Smile  RE: White Night - Total Conversion - (New Teaser & Screen)

(09-20-2011, 12:28 AM)kman Wrote:
(09-19-2011, 06:35 PM)ManiacGamingHD Wrote: And I already planned that my story must contains Atleast 50 maps Big Grin

... Don't do that. I don't even think the main game has that many maps. You'll most likely end up repeating areas, puzzle, scares, etc. And unless you make a custom story that's like 3 times better than the original the player will most likely get bored. I'd say at most have 20 maps but that's even pushing it. Not trying to be mean, just trying to give you some advice Smile

Thank you, But I already made 7 maps + 1 complete today = 8 maps Big Grin With alot of good scary events and darkness. Anyways, Thank you once again. Smile

YouTube Channel
I am waqas12346, I forgot the Pass of old account so I made this.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2011, 03:52 PM by ManiacGamingHD.)
09-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

If a respectfull and professional team such as the one that built Dead Space 2 can fall in redundance I highly doubt that you can create 50 decent and intriguing maps. But, so to say, I'm waiting to surprise myself.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2011, 07:01 PM by nemesis567.)
09-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Is it me or a post just disappeared?

09-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Yes it is deleted, but not by me. Probably in response of a request.

09-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Website Find