Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: White Night - Total Conversion

Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying.

For the black line issue... I have no idea what might be causing it. I had that issue while it was still in development. I can't think of an exact reason since it occurs randomly. Too bad I have an ATI card on my laptop. Closing SSAO seems to worsen things. If you can take screens from where they occurs, I might be able to solve it.

10-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Website Find
envirovore Offline

Threads: 1

(10-31-2011, 01:10 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying.

For the black line issue... I have no idea what might be causing it. I had that issue while it was still in development. I can't think of an exact reason since it occurs randomly. Too bad I have an ATI card on my laptop. Closing SSAO seems to worsen things. If you can take screens from where they occurs, I might be able to solve it.
That's the exact same issue. I'll note not to turn down SSAO then. Will try tweaking other settings as well though. I did lower AA to 8x thinking that may be the issue when I noticed it, but it still persisted. Perhaps try a driver roll-back or update.
I'll work on getting screen shots as well.
My system is clean and is well maintained, but not ruling out that it may just be on my end with the mod install. Amnesia and everything else I play work fine, so if I can't find a fix I'll try a re-install. Or ignore it and enjoy the rest of the game anyway.

Just wanted to report it to see if there had been a resolution for it either by you or someone else whom has had the same issue.

alive we threaten everything
10-31-2011, 01:31 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

It's unlikely that the problem is on your end.
First one to have this issue is my ex gf, and she has an nVidia GTX 250 (or something like that, I don't exactly remember). Then after release, I noticed that more people have this issue. Even Xss has this issue, and it can be clearly seen in his let's play.

First thing I thought of was that disabling night vision could cause this; but no. Only thing I can think of medium quality shadow may cause this. Because it doesn't choose a texture to create this anomaly, it appears randomly.

Strangely, it appears only on "some nVidia graphic cards".

10-31-2011, 02:02 AM
Website Find
Ahniolator Offline

Would you mind if I used some of your textures and models in a custom story that I am making if I credit you?
10-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Find
SoothsayerNight Offline

I just finished White Night and i will start uploading the videos to my channel today.

In my opinion this was one of the best custom stories ever, no doubt. It might be the best one actually.
Reasons: I have never seen anything like this since Penumbra really. Atmosphere and story were just incredible. Really well done! And voice acting was one of the best ive seen too...in custom stories Smile
I didnt experience any glitches during my gameplay.
Gongrats!

PS. Cry fitted the role of Patric perfectly!

Youtube Channel: SoothsayerNight Gaming
10-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Find
Shex Offline

Threads: 2

My friend's playing this and he thinks that White Night is the best Amnesia mod ever.
Great.
10-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

Threads: 4

(10-30-2011, 05:55 PM)Xss Wrote:
Quote: Xss t'as quand même un bon accent pour un Français xD.

Quand j'ai vu ta vidéo, au début, j'ai cru que tu étais Anglais lol.

Good video btw [Image: wink.gif]
Ahahaha, merci beaucoup! Big Grin

But the ultimate goal is to try to end up with a very neutral accent. I do not have any excuses: I have been living for more than four years in the US and I have a CELTA certificate to teach English, so getting rid of my accent is a big priority for me! Smile

Er..By the way, how he frigg do I do proper quotes (I can't figure out how to write down "X wrote down"...).
Bah ca s'entend dans ton accent que tu as vécu aux USA ^^. Je parle couramment Anglais mais par contre mon accent reste à travailler. Je peux te montrer des vidéos de moi en Anglais, mais tu vas prendre peur à cause de mon accent lol :p.
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

Threads: 4

Ok, tonight I'm gonna play "White Night" and stream it in live on a website. I ask for you to bring lot of people ! You gonna hear the sound of the game, hear the sound of my voice on the microphone (plus lot of friends and persons of my family) and it's gonna be AWESOME ! The show will start near 10:00pm in France (in 6 hours).

I'll give you the link later, but prepare to shit in your pant tonight !

Big Grin
10-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(10-31-2011, 02:02 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: It's unlikely that the problem is on your end.
First one to have this issue is my ex gf, and she has an nVidia GTX 250 (or something like that, I don't exactly remember). Then after release, I noticed that more people have this issue. Even Xss has this issue, and it can be clearly seen in his let's play.

First thing I thought of was that disabling night vision could cause this; but no. Only thing I can think of medium quality shadow may cause this. Because it doesn't choose a texture to create this anomaly, it appears randomly.

Strangely, it appears only on "some nVidia graphic cards".

Tansel can you provide me with a list of all the known nvidia cards that cause that? I might be able to help as I have only nvidia cards and also a Intel HD 3000 one.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 05:01 PM by plutomaniac.)
10-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(10-31-2011, 10:58 AM)Ahniolator Wrote: Would you mind if I used some of your textures and models in a custom story that I am making if I credit you?
Not at all. However it would be better if you take a look at disclaimer.txt. It includes further info about assets and use of them.

(10-31-2011, 11:29 AM)SoothsayerNight Wrote: I just finished White Night and i will start uploading the videos to my channel today.

In my opinion this was one of the best custom stories ever, no doubt. It might be the best one actually.
Reasons: I have never seen anything like this since Penumbra really. Atmosphere and story were just incredible. Really well done! And voice acting was one of the best ive seen too...in custom stories Smile
I didnt experience any glitches during my gameplay.
Gongrats!

PS. Cry fitted the role of Patric perfectly!

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed it Smile

(10-31-2011, 12:23 PM)Shex Wrote: My friend's playing this and he thinks that White Night is the best Amnesia mod ever.
Great.
Thanks Smile

(10-31-2011, 05:01 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Tansel can you provide me with a list of all the known nvidia cards that cause that? I might be able to help as I have only nvidia cards and also a Intel HD 3000 one.

Unfortunately I don't have such a list. Only thing I know that it occurs on some of the nVidia chips. I need to ask on ModDB and probably no one will care. But I'll post some news about it.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 10:31 PM by Tanshaydar.)
10-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Website Find