Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Physics bug
Jetsetlemming Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Physics bug

See the screenshot. Occasionally when I drop an item, it will freeze in whatever angle and position it was when it hit the ground/flat surface, and not tilt like you'd expect. It doesn't cause a single problem in the world, when I grab it or run into it or move it in any way it goes right back to normal, it just looks kinda odd. Thought you guys would like to see.
03-31-2007, 01:56 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Physics bug

I believe this problem is known to the team, small phisics objects can sometimes fall through the ground (flare) because of the coding or something. Hopefully it'll be fixed D:

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Find
sin`pl
Unregistered

same thing happend to me few times today, but i took only one screen
03-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

All physical object has a certain speed threshold when they are disabled. This threshold is set to be quiet high so that when you have several physical objects moving about they do not wobble around too much since that can take alot of cpu.

Might be that some objects should have a higher treshold so it looks better. However, this should not cause any problems, at worse only strangeness Smile
03-31-2007, 10:31 PM
Find
Jetsetlemming Offline

Threads: 5

I have no idea what that means. Tongue When an object moves really fast physics don't apply to it? But how would that effect me dropping a lantern one time out of a hundred when it didn't on the others?
04-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Find
Elman Offline

Threads: 0

Wow... I didn't notice you could take the lanterns :$
04-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Find
sin`pl
Unregistered

because you can't. you can take that aren't on the wall.
04-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Dark Offline

Threads: 20

Jetsetlemming Wrote:I have no idea what that means. Tongue When an object moves really fast physics don't apply to it? But how would that effect me dropping a lantern one time out of a hundred when it didn't on the others?

it means that when a object has less then the selected speed, it stops simulating that object until it gets above that speed again

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
04-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Find