Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you like to see more expansions for Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I want more short stories like Justine.
20.00%
14 20.00%
Yes, make a true expansion similar in length to the original game.
15.71%
11 15.71%
Yes, but make it a sequel to the original.
7.14%
5 7.14%
I DON'T CARE WHAT IT IS, I NEED MORE AMNESIA!!!
41.43%
29 41.43%
No, quit while you're ahead FG and save the money for your next game.
14.29%
10 14.29%
Hell no, Justine sucked.
1.43%
1 1.43%
Total 70 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More Expansions?
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4
More Expansions?

I was just wondering whether people would be interested in seeing more Amnesia expansions from FG.

I've never played Portal so all the subtleties of Justine were lost on me, but looking at it purely as an expansion to Amnesia I really enjoyed it. Although it is short, and I can imagine that the inability to save and the lack of checkpoints is annoying (fortunately I was never killed), I found the plot intriguing, and I also appreciated the more realistic storyline (don't get me wrong Daniel's story is great, but it also relies on belief in magical orbs and monsters).

Returning to my question, I am in two minds. On one hand I firmly believe that the more expansions, sequels and dlc are created for a game, the more detached it becomes from its roots. I have seen too many franchises in the past year or two ruined by cheap spin off's and overpriced dlc.

On the other hand, I remember reading either a blog or an article from one of the dev's last year saying that they are tired of always making horror games, and that they wanted to do something different in their next project. If this is the case Amnesia will probably be the last good dose of horror we will have for a while, so naturally any expansions FG make will prolong our enjoyment.

lol forgive me for talking so much. To the point, would you like to see more small expansions/spinoffs like Justine, would you like to see like a full-blown 20 hour expansion (remembering that this would detract from the resources available for FG's next game), or do you think FG, regarding Amnesia, should call it a day?
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2011, 06:50 PM by Urrah.)
04-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0
RE: More Expansions?

Seeing more expansions from Frictional would be awesome, but I'm not sure that we would see them. If what I've read is correct, then Justine was only created because of Portal 2 and the potato thing.

I haven't played Justine yet (retail user here), so I can't really comment on that.
04-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15

I would have gladly paid for Justine, regardless of its potato status. Smile
04-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

As much as I loved Justine, I think I would rather Frictional Games take their time and focus towards their new project. If they wish to make something on a less grand scale along the lines of a normal custom story in their spare time I am all for it, but we can't ask too much from the small company.

Though if they do make another expansion I wouldn't complain in the slightest, just saying. :]

04-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Find
p0rtalthinker Offline

Threads: 1

Anything to do with Amnesia is good for me Smile

04-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Find
vergilmaycry Offline

Threads: 1

Please continue making horror games, FG... Without you guys, there's really not many decent games in the genre at all coming out. We lost RE to action/coop elements, SH to combat systems (since they announced that the series WON'T go in the direction of the stellar Shattered Memories), and FF to region issues (we don't have fatal frame 4 in North America). We love you. Smile

As for Amnesia DLC, I'd gladly pay for either more short stories like Justine, or more full-length projects like Amnesia. Or, if you're looking for a middle ground, episodic releases might be an option, ala HL2. Maybe releasing a game in Justine-sized chunks? Not sure how that'd fit from an immersion perspective, though, since you're constantly taking it in bite-size pieces rather than one continuing story.
04-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Find
Sistergoat Offline

Threads: 0

Justine was pretty neat. A few more stories like this would be nice, for like $5-6 each, and then you guys could sell bundles with all the story expansions.
04-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15

(04-17-2011, 10:48 PM)vergilmaycry Wrote: the direction of the stellar Shattered Memories

You mean no horror at all until the game says "MONSTERS, RUN!"? Tongue
04-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4

I'd like to see them take a brave new direction. They've honed horrific atmosphere down to an art, but will it really come down to refining that for another 10 years? I'm up for something no one has seen before from frictional.
04-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Find
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9

I will pay for anything Frictional Games.
FG 4 LYFE! Heart

[Image: TRcp2.png]
04-18-2011, 02:22 AM
Find